GTR language conversion

Shor

Just check with my Garage R friend,i think you can forgot the whole issue of conversion,you need the change alot of things in the car,the ECU[this alone costs $5K],the screen......costs at least $12-14K....not worth it.

SO expensive.

Anyway, when you get the car, didn;t the dealer told you this? If not you may KPKB the dealer & ask them to install for you at their cost. Worth a shot anyway.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

true lah, but the language conversion thingy makes no diff if its R or L hand drive mah, i guess only hor :D

Should make no difference. My point is that since they will not have the Japanese version, they will not have this problem, hence no solution to the problem they did not encounter.

Or it may be a good time to learn Japanese.

Edited by Kiadaw

Should make no difference. My point is that since they will not have the Japanese version, they will not have this problem, hence no solution to the problem they did not encounter.

Or it may be a good time to learn Japanese.

OIC, you've got a good point... you mean this:-

それは良い時間が学ぶことです日本語

btw, maybe other than left-hand-drive conversion, the US-export version has other things (including jap language) intact, so the US guys will need to do the above........... guessing only :D

Japanese national pride [:)]

i want that pic very badly, you teased me............ faster pdf it and send over (high resolutions, thanks) :D:D

Hmmmm.. [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

Any bros know who or where to convert all Japanese to English in GTR. The radio and GPS all in Japanese. Any constructive inputs are appreciate!

Unfortunately None of the JDM cars in Sgp manages to have their rides converted.

You need to change all the software in the car,that's the problem of buying P.I. cars.

It's not 'software' changes- it's the whole shebang- ECU's / Harddrives & such.

Try Garage R,but may costs a bomb.![must well buy a Tan Chong car].

GarageR is THE Last place on earth yoou wanna take your GTR there buddy, of all the 4 'main' workshops for the GTR, GarageR is THE most expensive & least experience.

Try MB Performance... 90% of their customers r GTR...

Humm, this place is passable- however you might wanna take your ride to Maximus Racing or ST Powered, at least all their GTR's are beaters at LCK & prices for Mods are far cheaper & more dependable then others.

Unfortunately None of the JDM cars in Sgp manages to have their rides converted.

It's not 'software' changes- it's the whole shebang- ECU's / Harddrives & such.

GarageR is THE Last place on earth yoou wanna take your GTR there buddy, of all the 4 'main' workshops for the GTR, GarageR is THE most expensive & least experience.

Humm, this place is passable- however you might wanna take your ride to Maximus Racing or ST Powered, at least all their GTR's are beaters at LCK & prices for Mods are far cheaper & more dependable then others.

Hi bro, you have a GT-R. Can ask an off topic question. I am driving a manual, so when my crutch slip, I change my crutch, or something, what do you have to change for the GT-R, & importantly, how much?

Any bros know who or where to convert all Japanese to English in GTR. The radio and GPS all in Japanese. Any constructive inputs are appreciate!

It's not possible yet. You can go to NAGTROC for more information, there's where the GTR community hangs out. Hope you can unlock the Maria Ozawa module though. It's only available in JDM... WAHAHAHA!!! [laugh]

It's not possible yet. You can go to NAGTROC for more information, there's where the GTR community hangs out. Hope you can unlock the Maria Ozawa module though. It's only available in JDM... WAHAHAHA!!! [laugh]

I m also hanging around there recently, to get all the info and opinion, as well as look at the type of price they pay for certain things n servicing. It's like the evolutionm.net of gtr.

After you get enough info, u have an idea which setup is best for u, what itrms are value for money, & will realize the extordinary markup some of our workshops charges!

Hi bro, you have a GT-R. Can ask an off topic question. I am driving a manual, so when my crutch slip, I change my crutch, or something, what do you have to change for the GT-R, & importantly, how much?

Twin clutch transmissions can be broken down into:

1. Clutch pack complex (clutch, seals etc. etc.)

2. Gears (1st to 6th/7th)

3. Transmission control unit

Can get the aftermarket Dodson clutch pack for the R35. There's a 12 plate and 14 plate clutch pack (stock is 10 plate i think), and it's distributed to the various local tuners i believe. Sometimes the gears blow, and there's PPG heavy duty gears (1st to 6th) designed for drag, again available to all tuners. Each gear costs at least S$2K i think. Most pple will only need the clutch pack and 1st gear, coz 2nd gear onwards the probability of damage is lower on the street. The 14 plate + 1st gear can tolerate those 800WHP, > 1000NM set-ups for street driving. Easily can do sub-3.0s 0-100km/h timing.

For the purists, there's separately a 6th gear mod which gives high final drive ratio, and allows a sufficiently high HP car to attain 370km/h region.

The transmission control unit has rarely been damaged for the GTR to my limited knowledge.

Assuming a stock transmission for the R35 is 'blown', in the worst case the full stock transmission from Borg-Warner (which must be obtained thru Nissan Japan) will cost S$20K. If salvageable, aftermarket parts are still better.

For the Evo X SST, stock is best still. The same arrangement exists for the Gertrag, get thru Mitsubishi Japan. Also S$20K. Unfortunately here's no reliable aftermarket clutch pack or gears for the SST to my knowledge, otherwise i will run a GTII set-up daily, maxed out.

Just my 1 cent knowledge. Need to go to the respective forums to get ask the gurus. I just the usual GR client who don't scrutinize the bills.

Twin clutch transmissions can be broken down into:

1. Clutch pack complex (clutch, seals etc. etc.)

2. Gears (1st to 6th/7th)

3. Transmission control unit

Can get the aftermarket Dodson clutch pack for the R35. There's a 12 plate and 14 plate clutch pack (stock is 10 plate i think), and it's distributed to the various local tuners i believe. Sometimes the gears blow, and there's PPG heavy duty gears (1st to 6th) designed for drag, again available to all tuners. Each gear costs at least S$2K i think. Most pple will only need the clutch pack and 1st gear, coz 2nd gear onwards the probability of damage is lower on the street. The 14 plate + 1st gear can tolerate those 800WHP, > 1000NM set-ups for street driving. Easily can do sub-3.0s 0-100km/h timing.

For the purists, there's separately a 6th gear mod which gives high final drive ratio, and allows a sufficiently high HP car to attain 370km/h region.

The transmission control unit has rarely been damaged for the GTR to my limited knowledge.

Assuming a stock transmission for the R35 is 'blown', in the worst case the full stock transmission from Borg-Warner (which must be obtained thru Nissan Japan) will cost S$20K. If salvageable, aftermarket parts are still better.

For the Evo X SST, stock is best still. The same arrangement exists for the Gertrag, get thru Mitsubishi Japan. Also S$20K. Unfortunately here's no reliable aftermarket clutch pack or gears for the SST to my knowledge, otherwise i will run a GTII set-up daily, maxed out.

Just my 1 cent knowledge. Need to go to the respective forums to get ask the gurus. I just the usual GR client who don't scrutinize the bills.

Hi bro,

As usual, your replay always very nice with details. [thumbsup]

I think SSP have some package for SST, maybe you can check it out. As for the turbo, you mean the HKS GTII 7460?

I personally think the HKS turbo is all hype only. I guess its the Turbo Garage R recommended. Of course, its HKS product meh! I also was aiming for this turbo (for the evo 9), but after some research, feedbacks & looking at the charts, my conclusion is, its not worth the money. Want turbo, better get the owen development turbo, the only ball bearing turbo for the evo that can spool faster ( alot faster) than stock & have good top end power gain.

I heard there are owen turbos for GTR as well. I fully expect them to cost an arm & a leg.

Anyway, back to the GT-R, I am not looking at high gain. I am happy to run around in a 600bhp GT-R, & only just so its noticeable faster than my current car.

My driving ability, 600bhp should be more than enough. [:p]

(edited)

Hi bro,

As usual, your replay always very nice with details. [thumbsup]

I think SSP have some package for SST, maybe you can check it out. As for the turbo, you mean the HKS GTII 7460?

I personally think the HKS turbo is all hype only. I guess its the Turbo Garage R recommended. Of course, its HKS product meh! I also was aiming for this turbo (for the evo 9), but after some research, feedbacks & looking at the charts, my conclusion is, its not worth the money. Want turbo, better get the owen development turbo, the only ball bearing turbo for the evo that can spool faster ( alot faster) than stock & have good top end power gain.

I heard there are owen turbos for GTR as well. I fully expect them to cost an arm & a leg.

Anyway, back to the GT-R, I am not looking at high gain. I am happy to run around in a 600bhp GT-R, & only just so its noticeable faster than my current car.

Personally, i'm not convinced by any of the aftermarket SST clutch packs available. I know a bro who has done a SSP upgrade for the SST, but if u follow the GTR experience for the SSP, it's generally not satisfactory. Another bro drives a tuned 500HP GTII 7460 and his ride is well balanced on the overall, on stock SST transmission. There's an increasing school of thought that with proper tuning, the stock SST clutch should suffice.

GTII 7460 ideally should be mated to a higher displacement Evo engine. Was told there is a non-HKS 2.4L aftermarket stroker kit currently for the E10. Manual may still be the way to go until reliable SST upgrade technology hits the market.

GTR turbo upgrades will be more pricey. You need mirror image turbos, and typically turbos are manufactured in one of the images, not both. It's always the less common mirror image that costs discrepantly more.

GTR is good for the low end (no lag) and the high speed. Once on the move, a well tuned Evo or STI should be able to keep up under most circumstances on the road.

Edited by Zangetsu77

Personally, i'm not convinced by any of the aftermarket SST clutch packs available. I know a bro who has done a SSP upgrade for the SST, but if u follow the GTR experience for the SSP, it's generally not satisfactory. Another bro drives a tuned 500HP GTII 7460 and his ride is well balanced on the overall, on stock SST transmission. There's an increasing school of thought that with proper tuning, the stock SST clutch should suffice.

GTII 7460 ideally should be mated to a higher displacement Evo engine. Was told there is a non-HKS 2.4L aftermarket stroker kit currently for the E10. Manual may still be the way to go until reliable SST upgrade technology hits the market.

GTR turbo upgrades will be more pricey. You need mirror image turbos, and typically turbos are manufactured in one of the images, not both. It's always the less common mirror image that costs discrepantly more.

GTR is good for the low end (no lag) and the high speed. Once on the move, a well tuned Evo or STI should be able to keep up under most circumstances on the road.

Thanks for your info. I think I should get some chance to sit in a GT-R to get the feel. [:p]. I am also considering an evo X SST, but the power or rather torque limit is a sour note. I get some figures from evolution.net that the reliability limit for the stock transmission on the SST is about 315whp, I sianz half way liao. Transmission problem with high HP/Tq are common in the forum.

Neutral Newbie

I m also hanging around there recently, to get all the info and opinion, as well as look at the type of price they pay for certain things n servicing. It's like the evolutionm.net of gtr.

After you get enough info, u have an idea which setup is best for u, what itrms are value for money, & will realize the extordinary markup some of our workshops charges!

Yeap, couldn't agree more pertaining to mark ups. Honestly, like what Zangetsu77 commented earlier, always shop around (i don't mean check from workshops to workshops), surf the various USA/UK/Aust forums to see what they do & how they do it + more important, how much they did it for & whom they purchase from as most forums have vendors. Failing which, Google & check for specific parts vendor in UK & USA.

Actually, Owens development Turbos's isn't really 'overrated', there's many model/customisation level. Most 'Tuners' will sell you the Most Basic Owens for an arm & leg with maybe if he is kind enough- 1 pound of flesh.

However discerning enough to know that even car have diff models: eg, Golf 1.4TSi/ Golf 2L GTi & Golf R hence Owens also have diff level of customisation for any turbo that you might want them to do. The All conquering model / customisation should be coming with F300 bearings/ then comes the WRC bearings & all else are overrated.

If you want just 600WHP (Un-Corrected) then all you'll need is a 800CC Injectors/ Bigger Intakes/ Decatted Downpipes/ decatted Mid Y Pipe & straight thru rear mufflers. Once you have all these, you'll need a Super Duper Tuner, what Mines & the likes of Jap tuners 'flashing' of ECU will not get you too near to your targeted HP/Torque range. it'll be approx 20-40HP diff between a GOOD Reputable Tuner against a 'So So' tuner.

However beware, a 'So So' Tuner will muck up your engine so bad till all the Pistons will look like Sludge (similar to think icing on the cake).

Apart from Dodson, there's also WillAlling Racing from Aust http://www.willallracing.com.au/ . They too make fantastic Tranny Upgrade parts & honestly, both Manufacturer are the only ones to ponk your hard earn cash for the rest: HAVE BEEN Weigh/ Measured & Found Severely Wanting.

Lastly, if there's any budding readers who have fixed their eyes on the GTR & wanna blow some serious cash into their rides, then am attaching Greddy USA mix & match Short Block or Full Crate / Blueprinted engien for your perual:-

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=46548

It is a freaking mind blowing GOOD Engine (you choose your parts & they'll build it for you) but the best plus point, price is open for all to see (which means they are sincere) & it's their way of screwing all other tuners out there ;-)

However rule of thumb, hardware is child's play & the Cardinal Rule is to look & get the Best tuner to tune your ride. Hardware is nothing if your tuner was formerlly a 7-11 counter boy ;-) (This guy blows engine like there's no tomorrow) or other workshops who seems to 'take the talk' but can't really walk the walk.

Have witness a GarageR installed & 'tuned' GTR that is equip with the HKS 800Hp kit but on a 'WHP/Un-Corrected' dyno showed only 750Hp!

Another 'tuner' of GTR's had a client who spent a fortune (not small) on a 4.1L Stroker Kit/ GT35 Turbos/ Pot & Polish Head with super high lift cams & churn out approx 1100HP ( don't be too happy cos it's a CORRECTED figures/ It's Crank reading & Not Wheels HP). Believe correction is 1:1.35. Best part, tried to get this particular owner to have a friendly run, understood that Owner was giver SPECIFIC Instructing NOT to run with other Modded GTR ;-) Need no rocket scientist to know the reason behind it right?

However The All conquering sgp workshop whose FD/EK's/ All Models 0f the EVO's & Scobby (at LCK & Sepang + Sometimes GP) & now GTR's, their modded GTR with same capacity 3.8L (Forged Conrods & Pistons) + Cams & running on a super small Greddy TD06-20G Turbos ate all other cars (Highly Modded Porsche 997 Mk 2 Tuned/ Drag EVO with GT 42 turbos & not worth mentioning countless GTR's) at LCK for breakfast/Tea Break/Lunch/Kopi/Dinner & Supper hollow & spat all of them out silly ;-)

Even if you drive a ferrari, you will still need the radio to smooth your ears. No?

Makes no logic and comments on listening to pure engine notes.

Neutral Newbie

Even if you drive a ferrari, you will still need the radio to smooth your ears. No?

Makes no logic and comments on listening to pure engine notes.

Actually, you're spot on bro. Fully Modded GTR at full chat is very quiet- very Silent :D

↡ Advertisement