Shortest way from NSH from Singapore to Penang

Shor

Anyone can advise on this? The shortest way, the recommended R&R along the highway, the actual Exit from NSH heading all the way up to Penang. Thanks for sharing and any inputs appreciate!!! :mellow:

↡ Advertisement

Means that I exit from Nilai or KL exit . I read forums saying to avoid the KL route. And look for Ipoh Penang directions. Or does it means after paying the toll in KL then keep left look for Nilai? Sorry, never drive to Penang before.

http://maps.google.com.my/

Zoom in around Nilai and Shah Alam area.

After Seremban, Port Dickson. Nilai is where you exit E6 (Shah Alam, Subang, IPOH) need not go thru KL. Follow the IPOH direction, keeping right at every split quite a long drive pass shah alam, subang den exit E35 still follow IPOH sign straight after IPOH follow PENANG sign on reaching butterworth Penang look out for the BRIDGE CROSSING SIGN (Bridge graphic)

end of crossing follow GEORGE TOWN turning right, you are there.

Thanks buddy, very clearly written. Appreciate this, I will print this out!!

After Seremban, Port Dickson. Nilai is where you exit E6 (Shah Alam, Subang, IPOH) need not go thru KL. Follow the IPOH direction, keeping right at every split quite a long drive pass shah alam, subang den exit E35 still follow IPOH sign straight after IPOH follow PENANG sign on reaching butterworth Penang look out for the BRIDGE CROSSING SIGN (Bridge graphic)

Turbocharged

haha..well done. you make a 8 hr drive sounds easier than going to Bukit Batok St 11 from Tampines. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Turbocharged

haha..well done. you make a 8 hr drive sounds easier than going to Bukit Batok St 11 from Tampines. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

It is easy - for destinations aliong the NSH you really can't go wrong - about the only thing you might be able to do if you tried really really hard is to use the off ramp of the rest area as an on ramp :D :D

Kumsia Kumsia, Bro shor has been driving in northern thailand shudnt be any problem for him wif his road sense, the only problem is 8 hrs drive can be very tiring, losing concentration and miss some road sign cud be quite cruicial and cause alot of uncertainty. I too learn tru getting lost. [drivingcar]

(edited)

Thanks KaKiLang for the compliment. I think the most important thing is a good GPS with updated map. I'd do researches because I never drive further than Genting using NSH. Well it's true, I had been driving in Northern Thailand for my past 10 years basically entertaining small groups of tourist. But I was wondering why KaKiLang knew this? :wacko:

Kumsia Kumsia, Bro shor has been driving in northern thailand shudnt be any problem for him wif his road sense, the only problem is 8 hrs drive can be very tiring, losing concentration and miss some road sign cud be quite cruicial and cause alot of uncertainty. I too learn tru getting lost. [drivingcar]

Edited by Shor

Thanks again bro KaKiLang . Appreciate your help!!

R&R either you stop after Malacca, Alor Gajah or after exit Nilai E6 theres a Big Macdonald b4 E35, next IPOH R&R

It should be exit 214 Nilai Utara instead of just Nilai. The two are different.

Meaning exit Nilai 214 and hit E6?

It should be exit 214 Nilai Utara instead of just Nilai. The two are different.

Meaning exit Nilai 214 and hit E6?

Ok it might sound weird to you so here it goes:

If you are going up NSH from Singapore, usually you will see exit numbers in ascending fashion. However you will see exit 215 Nilai first. DO NOT take this exit, take the next one, exit 214 which is Nilai Utara. Exit 214 will be the one leading you to E6, not exit 215.

Thanks again bro!

Ok it might sound weird to you so here it goes:

If you are going up NSH from Singapore, usually you will see exit numbers in ascending fashion. However you will see exit 215 Nilai first. DO NOT take this exit, take the next one, exit 214 which is Nilai Utara. Exit 214 will be the one leading you to E6, not exit 215.