Lui tuck yew as transport ministar

Friendstar

He is the most disconnected and "elite thinking" person imho....

with him at the transport minstar helm, WE ARE DOOMED

↡ Advertisement

thanks for the EARLY warning with such an early thread

With LUI as the surname, pocket bao burn liao.

Better "kill" my B&B car now & go for BMW henceforth...

[sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Supersonic

Why is that the transport will be doomed if he is the transport minister? [:/]

Turbocharged

To me, he comes across as someone highly intellectual (and intelligent), but not personable, ie. very clinical in execution with not much emphasis on persuading the ground on why a decision should be taken.

I'm keeping an open mind, let's see what he does. Top of my list, COE.

Turbocharged

To me, he comes across as someone highly intellectual (and intelligent), but not personable, ie. very clinical in execution with not much emphasis on persuading the ground on why a decision should be taken.

what you want him to do with COE??

Twincharged

well we shall see. if he keeps up his arrogance then maybe in 2016, he can be booted out. really cannot stand all these generals in Parliament. What do they know....

hope he twist the COE system so that we don't have roller coaster ride...And I don't think singapore is overcrowded with cars...but we have one same problem with every country...we are all always going one direction at the same time of the day...So the root of the problem is we are all going the same direction and worst to the same place....but not because we have too many cars...

Turbocharged
(edited)

hope he twist the COE system so that we don't have roller coaster ride...And I don't think singapore is overcrowded with cars...but we have one same problem with every country...we are all always going one direction at the same time of the day...So the root of the problem is we are all going the same direction and worst to the same place....but not because we have too many cars...

actually you think its workable if COE is counted this way?

since COE is around for more than 10 years so the calculation should be accurate.

this is bearing in mind the 1.5% increment of car on road by gahmen.

take all car already register. then divide by 10. then multiply by 1.5% before dividing by 24 to get the COE release per bidding..

like that, our COE will be stable and increasing gradualy without the need to predict how many cars are scrap and its a clearer system with almost zero fluctuation.

the problem is of couse, initially, we will see a lot of cars coming on the road, but that will last only for 3 years??

Edited by Joseph22

"TIGHT" meaning dont anyhow spend and not lavish is it? or like to micro manage?

The one in bold is the answer. During his tenure, the only thing I heard was "BUDGET". Wans buy tis, budget!!! Cannot buy. Wana buy that, budget!!! Cannot buy. Wana organise events, better have a control of ur budget otherwise not approved.

Not sure how will his past management be related to his current post.

Just maybe, he is a changed man now!!! We can never be sure abt politicians. :D

↡ Advertisement