Analysts expect shift in housing policy?

Mockngbrd

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_670669.html

let's hope so la... dun ask us move to JB

Analysts expect shift in housing policy

By Esther Teo, Property Reporter

SOME property analysts are anticipating policy shifts on HDB flats and mass market private homes, with the appointment of Mr Khaw Boon Wan as the new National Development Minister.

They say Mr Khaw, 58, the outgoing Health Minister, is known to be an effective game changer.

Since housing affordability was a hot-button topic during the elections, the analysts foresee Mr Khaw as being forceful on this issue, at least early on.

Analysts note that Mr Khaw had volunteered for the portfolio, replacing Mr Mah Bow Tan, who is retiring from the Cabinet and the post he has held since 1999.

They recall Mr Khaw was parachuted into the Health Ministry after the 2003 Sars crisis. The well-liked politician was instrumental in restoring confidence in charities after the National Kidney Foundation scandal.

DMG & Partners Securities research co-head Terence Wong said he would not be surprised if Mr Khaw shows determination to make housing more affordable for the young.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

If KBW can reduce expensive medical bill to just $8, I'm sure he can do wonders to HDB prices. That's the quality PM saw in him so appointed him to that post

one thing for sure, the new MND minister will not reveal the breakdown cost of a hdb unit/flat etc...no transparency.

as long as he don't get some of us to jump down from our half a million HDB flat can liao... [laugh] [laugh] changes is good...but it must take place slowly to reduce any possible impact...cannot be what we called a "kan cheong spider" !!!

Good for those that have not bought their flats. Tough luck for those that just bought and still waiting for it to be constructed

Let's just see if he will force the HDB to be transparent in revealing the construction costs of building a HDB flat, which is similar to what he has done to the hospitals in revealing their charges.

Turbocharged

Good for those that have not bought their flats. Tough luck for those that just bought and still waiting for it to be constructed

i think my bil smart... sold his 4-rm flat at buangkok for $535K last week and plan to sit on the fence, wait for timing to go in again....... [:p]

Supercharged
(edited)

one thing for sure, the new MND minister will not reveal the breakdown cost of a hdb unit/flat etc...no transparency.

hi guys, such educated guess are not hard to come up even if they do not reveal it. most guys with experience in construction industry would be able to tell you the minimum cost per square foot they require to construct. that means it is the pure construction cost with no land or build up area element included in it.

i know for private condo, miniumum construction cost around $300 psf and given hdb economy of scale and they don't have to provide flooring and wardrobes, i dare say they can achieve it with $200- 250psf. even sub $200psf may be possible.

Edited by Acemundo

(edited)

means testing for hdb? [lipsrsealed]

if you got car or drive a car one notch above QQ ... you may have problem to buy hdb? [sly]

Edited by Wt_know

i just got my queue number for latest BTO after 5 failed attempts in balloting.... :wacko:

hope the new policies can quickly implemented

Hypersonic

i think my bil smart... sold his 4-rm flat at buangkok for $535K last week and plan to sit on the fence, wait for timing to go in again....... [:p]

Wow, buangkok 4-rm costs less than 200k when new.

whoever that committed to 535k [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

hi guys, such educated guess are not hard to come up even if they do not reveal it. most guys with experience in construction industry would be able to tell you the minimum cost per square foot they require to construct. that means it is the pure construction cost with no land or build up area element included in it.

i know for private condo, miniumum construction cost around $300 psf and given hdb economy of scale and they don't have to provide flooring and wardrobes, i dare say they can achieve it with $200- 250psf. even sub $200psf may be possible.

Sorry acemundo, you're looking too high.

Try between 60-100psf for private dev, partial land cost incl.

Wow, buangkok 4-rm costs less than 200k when new.

whoever that committed to 535k [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

FT..

Sinkies not so stupid unless no choice.

Supersonic

errrm...tink ace is referring to the cost in sgp.

60psf incl land for pte?? if can get, i'll take it off u for $120psf. ai mai? [laugh]

Supercharged

erh i think 60-100 you quoted is purely the internal material cost and does not include the external shared facilities like lift landing, stair case, car park, etc right?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

i waiting waiting waiting waiting... for $8 flat

Everyone (not every household) pays a 200-dollar "house ownership contribution/premium" every month, then when a person or a couple is eligible for house purchase, he/they can buy an 8000-dollar house, but still have to continue paying 200 dollars a month until death (there can be a "housing-save account" in CPF meant for this purpose). Each new child or tenant who stays in the house also needs to pay 200 dollars a month. Or may be 100 dollars when young, but 250 for an adult. The 200-dollar amount will be adjusted from time to time based on inflation. Not very different from the current situation in terms of the total amount paid, but the figures look small enough to please most people, and ensure a big win for PAP five years later.............

Edited by Hwt
↡ Advertisement