Remove paint specks from paintwork

Dark_flan

As per topic suggests. My area MSCP is undergoing painting works and my car is parked there. Just recently, I saw my ride at rear side is covered by many of the paint specks and cannot be removed by claybar. I do not know what is the correct procedure to remove to remove these specks safely since this is unsightly if my ride is in black. Any advice?

↡ Advertisement

try lighter fluid.

please remember to wash off with lots of water later.

if the paint has etched into the clear coat. then you might have to do aggressive polishing to remove the some amount of topcoat. then polish it back up to shine. if the base coat is damaged, then you would need a re-spray.

anywhere from $200 to $400 a panel.

Neutral Newbie

As per topic suggests. My area MSCP is undergoing painting works and my car is parked there. Just recently, I saw my ride at rear side is covered by many of the paint specks and cannot be removed by claybar. I do not know what is the correct procedure to remove to remove these specks safely since this is unsightly if my ride is in black. Any advice?

mostly they don't use emulsion paint, normally the exterior wall paint, which should be dry and not oil based, mine I just scratch it off my car w my fingernails. then use turtle wax and spot polish a bit and its good as new.

Some can use my nails to knock it out but some have issue in removing..

Using lighter fluid, i seen some posted on youtube using gasoline to remove seemly anything oily content can use?? How about Homefix's goo gone spray?

Twincharged

Which claybar are you using? Should be able to remove with claybar if u use a more aggressive one.

Just bought 3M claybar and intend to try out this weekends since it mentioned can remove overspray problems. Mainly I think it has a useful container for storage..

I work in construction. Generally you will find a small contractors office with phone no if not go to HDB office.

As long as you have season there they have to repair or compensate you. Even if not you just need to complain a bit more

Never repair your self or own cost

Shame that I had tried to clay bar but is not removable. Think I let the professionals handle this issue by what called by sandblast.. not sure.

Shame that I had tried to clay bar but is not removable. Think I let the professionals handle this issue by what called by sandblast.. not sure.

Bro Dark flan..you got to keep rubbing it till it dissolve..Get a tar removal..spray on effected surface and let it dwell for couple of minutes and clay..it is easier to remove and also keep rinsing surface with water..

Not sure of that as I do not know the correct way to execute that since there is no youtube demo...

↡ Advertisement