IU Unit keeps falling

ai guys my IU Unit (the thing used to insert ur cashcard for ERPS and all) keeps dropping off from the glue...

i think its because i went to tint my car and they removed it and sticked it back... now not as sticky liao so keep dropping...

any solution guys ?

↡ Advertisement

ai guys my IU Unit (the thing used to insert ur cashcard for ERPS and all) keeps dropping off from the glue...

i think its because i went to tint my car and they removed it and sticked it back... now not as sticky liao so keep dropping...

any solution guys ?

go get those 3M tape or HUNTER or just some form of double sided foam tape..

double-sided-foam-tape.jpg

clean both IU surface and windscreen surface before sticking it on.. put something to support it overnight to let it "cure".. tomorrow wake up EUREKA!

[:)]

any solution guys ?

If the unit still works and you can live with it, then just leave it on the deshboard.

If the unit still works and you can live with it, then just leave it on the deshboard.

haha i wanna do so but it slides left and right whenever i make turns... booo..

haha i wanna do so but it slides left and right whenever i make turns... booo..

Aiyo, just put antislip or double side tape on the dashboard will do lar.

Neutral Newbie

fyi pls dun go to vicom inspection centers to let them check...they will paste a new one for u, but at a charge...just go to DIY shop to buy 3M clear silicone double sided tape, around $8...use liao still have some left...

(edited)

fyi pls dun go to vicom inspection centers to let them check...they will paste a new one for u, but at a charge...just go to DIY shop to buy 3M clear silicone double sided tape, around $8...use liao still have some left...

[thumbsup] Totally agreed [thumbsup]

Those silicone tapes are high temperature type...the hotter it is...the more it will stick. [thumbsup]

Edited by MG_Myvi

Neutral Newbie

i went to vicom they change a holder for me FOC leh... was i lucky? haha

heng sway one lah....maybe your car is within 1 year...normally if within 1 yr they have to do it for free, but if more than 1 yr mostly won't one, will charge one...but sometimes i think also depends on the person who attend to u...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

[thumbsup] Totally agreed [thumbsup]

Those silicone tapes are high temperature type...the hotter it is...the more it will stick. [thumbsup]

but when pasting time dun paste wrong....pasting it up is easy but to take it down is..... [bigcry][bigcry]

Edited by East539
↡ Advertisement