China's Ghost Cities

Mockngbrd

(edited)

that's the result of GDP chase.

how to sustain double digit GDP growth for the last 10+ years

Edited by Wt_know

(edited)

wow.............. the city buildings beside the bay (after 5 minutes in video) is cater for 12 million peoples and is left vacant.......

the whole of Singaporean can shift there ....... :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Picnic06

(edited)

haha ... includes "asset enhancement" bor.

isin't china is studying/exploring spore style for hdb + cpf [knife]

wow.............. the city buildings beside the bay (after 5 minutes in video) is cater for 12 million peoples and is left vacant.......

the whole of Singaporean can shift there ....... :ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by Wt_know

You missed the point, the development of the ghost city was already fully paid for and costs already fully recovered. It is different from the sub prime problem when the development was fuelled by a bubble from sub prime lending and risky security products -- money and productivity that didn't exists.

Having said that, mainland China does has a bigger economic and social problem of inflation and income gap balancing on thin lines.

(edited)

during the interview, one statement that struck me ...

government must have policy to provide "basic" housing for the people who can afford

basic housing is human rights and not privilege ...

Edited by Wt_know

MBT should go there with his expertise! sure the price will go up and the city will be packed to the brim! [laugh][laugh]

If he goes there, he won't live to ripe age if he bring the properties price to sky high. Peasant ah tiong will hunt for him ..... :ph34r:

Only we Singaporean very obident and law abiding, price up, LL ..... [lipsrsealed]

You missed the point, the development of the ghost city was already fully paid for and costs already fully recovered. It is different from the sub prime problem when the development was fuelled by a bubble from sub prime lending and risky security products -- money and productivity that didn't exists.

Having said that, mainland China does has a bigger economic and social problem of inflation and income gap balancing on thin lines.

Its true. Lets hope there is a crash and all the people can afford to buy !

haha ... includes "asset enhancement" bor.

isin't china is studying/exploring spore style for hdb + cpf [knife]

this i dun recommend.

but if they got sg legislative system n keep the country safe,i will shift there.

If he goes there, he won't live to ripe age if he bring the properties price to sky high. Peasant ah tiong will hunt for him ..... :ph34r:

Only we Singaporean very obident and law abiding, price up, LL ..... [lipsrsealed]

but then another comrade will come up to defend him by saying- i see my bank statement and i feel so rich. so the peasant ah tiong will have to line up at the bank just to see what statement he was referring to. [laugh][laugh]

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/china-pro...erpetual-engine

Ever wonder how China can endlessly generate goal-seeked GDP of precisely 8.00001% year after year? Or how it can constantly find use for the massive and ever-larger surplus of warehoused commodities? Simple - never stop building. Which, apparently means blowing up empty building before they are even finished and rebuilding them. Rinse. Repeat. After all gotta keep all those construction workers from rioting, and all those USD reserves redirected into Brazilian and OZ commodities, now that China is not really buying US debt anymore. China Hush has some stunning pictures confirming that in its search of the great home bubble perpetual engine, the politbureau comrades may have stumbled onto the bricks and mortar equivalent of Shangri La. In the meantime, more on the whole "controlled demolition thing" from China Hush.

As one of the most architectural productive country, China aggregates 2 billion m2 of new building area every year, consuming about 40% of the world

That guy said it perfectly. Its not the amount of GDP, its the Quality of GDP.

i took a double take when the ang moh said 64 million homes are empty! :o