Pulai Desaru - getting there and others

Jamjammer

Neutral Newbie

Dear bros & sis,

I've not been to Malaysia road trip for long time. Wonder if this is an easy trip? Any recommendation on getting a GPS, does such device helps? I got lost using one some years back, it's a GPS on my HTC phone, sigh.

If anyone of you have been regular to Desaru, let me know your experiences. Thanks:)

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

hi there.

lots of threads on driving to desaru on this forum, just do a search.

however, do update after your trip if the new direct highway there is ready.

If you choose to go to Desaru after a long break from road trips to Malaysia..... that'll put you off for another long period. :D

Why go to that dead place. [rolleyes]

Dear bros & sis,

I've not been to Malaysia road trip for long time. Wonder if this is an easy trip? Any recommendation on getting a GPS, does such device helps? I got lost using one some years back, it's a GPS on my HTC phone, sigh.

If anyone of you have been regular to Desaru, let me know your experiences. Thanks:)

Neutral Newbie

If you choose to go to Desaru after a long break from road trips to Malaysia..... that'll put you off for another long period. :D

hahaha.... is it a dead place? I thought the beach is good [sunny]

Neutral Newbie

hi there.

lots of threads on driving to desaru on this forum, just do a search.

however, do update after your trip if the new direct highway there is ready.

Ya...i'm scary cat lah, was lost once before so I better be more cautious... got lots of nagging from wife then... [sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

wife nagging just ask her to shut up or drive if she's so gd at directions. hehe. anyway desaru is pretty straight fwd. fm jb jus go all the way straight towards kota tinggi. then u'll see signboard pointing to turn right at a junction. jus turn and follow more signboards.

Neutral Newbie

wife nagging just ask her to shut up or drive if she's so gd at directions. hehe. anyway desaru is pretty straight fwd. fm jb jus go all the way straight towards kota tinggi. then u'll see signboard pointing to turn right at a junction. jus turn and follow more signboards.

Bro, we can joke here but u know lah.... not easy to handle nagging lah...lol

yeah, looks like straightforward.....

Dear bros & sis,

i have a simple self made map to reach desaru and a couple of attractions.. pm me your email add if you interested... but ignore the GPS co-ordiantes on the map.

Neutral Newbie

i have a simple self made map to reach desaru and a couple of attractions.. pm me your email add if you interested... but ignore the GPS co-ordiantes on the map.

PM sent...thanks [thumbsup]

Alamak....dont say until like that lei.

Old ppl like me like quiet place. The more dead the better. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Alamak....dont say until like that lei.

Old ppl like me like quiet place. The more dead the better. [laugh]

Maybe he can suggest "lively" place for us... lol

(edited)

Desaru is very easy to reach. I go there annually. Im a boring person rah. ^_^

Once out of the checkpoint, you turn into tebrau highway, its straight drive all the way. Do not filter/turn left or right.

As you drive on, buildings scenary will slowly turn to oil palm planations and at the very first big traffic light junction, there is a huge signboard showing left turn to kota tinngi, right turn to desaru.

(just in case you miss the turn, if you see a mobil station on the right, please turn back!!! Next stop will be mersing liao....haha)

Once you make a right turn, this road allllllll the way down is sg renngit where u eat seafood. Ostick farm is there too. This road in/out of desaru. Damn difficult to get lost. [laugh]

On this road, u will pass a right turn to crocodile farm, a right turn fruit farm and then left turn upon seeing petronas station in which pulai desaru or lots desaru is located.

Signboard directions are very clear.....just keep a look out and you will be fine.

Anyway when are you going ? im leading 2 virgin cars there on 18th June or 2 nites. hehehe.

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Neutral Newbie

Desaru is very easy to reach. I go there annually. Im a boring person rah. ^_^

Once out of the checkpoint, you turn into tebrau highway, its straight drive all the way. Do not filter/turn left or right.

As you drive on, buildings scenary will slowly turn to oil palm planations and at the very first big traffic light junction, there is a huge signboard showing left turn to kota tinngi, right turn to desaru.

(just in case you over-shoot the turn, if you see a mobil station on the right, please turn back!!! Next stop will be mersing liao....haha)

Once you make a right turn, this road allllllll the way down is sg renngit where u eat seafood. Ostick farm is there too. This road in/out of desaru. Damn difficult to get lost. [laugh]

On this road, u will pass a right turn to crocodile farm, a right turn fruit farm and then left turn upon seeing petronas station in which pulai desaru or lots desaru is located.

Signboard directions are very clear.....just keep a look out and you will be fine.

Anyway when are you going ? im leading 2 virgin cars there on 18th June or 2 nites. hehehe.

Oh...thanks... me virgin planning to go on 13th June leh....

(edited)

Be carefull of pot-holes which are pentyfull.

Lots of slow heavy vehicles.........overtake them only if you are confident and with clear view and safety distance of the oppostie traffic cars.

Nite drive got penty of places no lamp-post. So make sure you service your car and ensure all car lights are working. Cos your car lights will be the only lights on the road.

i tried once pulling over on the dirt road and switch off the car engine and lights........u cant see the steering wheel in front of you. Total pitch dark sia!!! [laugh]

Make sure you got torchlight in your car.

Oh...thanks... me virgin planning to go on 13th June leh....

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Neutral Newbie

Be carefull of pot-holes which are pentyfull.

Lots of slow heavy vehicles.........overtake them only if you are confident and with clear view and safety distance of the oppostie traffic cars.

Nite drive got penty of places no lamp-post. So make sure you service your car and ensure all car lights are working. Cos your car lights will be the only lights on the road.

i tried once pulling over on the dirt road and switch off the car engine and lights........u cant see the steering wheel in front of you. Total pitch dark sia!!! [laugh]

Ok thanks, dont think I would drive at night.... feel safer to drive in daytime. Yes, car already serviced and ready to go [drivingcar]

Good opportunity to go for the Kiang Kee Bak Kut Teh if you'ev not tried it...... do note they close at 12pm or earlier if they've sold out for the morning.

Turbocharged

Ok thanks, dont think I would drive at night.... feel safer to drive in daytime. Yes, car already serviced and ready to go [drivingcar]

If you run out of beer in the room in the middle of the night and room service has stopped, you don't have a choice. We bought 2 cartons but..... [:p]

Just for your info, there is a place that sells beer late into the night 1am+. Coming out from Desaru, turn right at the Petronas. Go another 400-600m and on your left hand side are some shops.

Btw, there is a Supermarket at Desaru now. Something like Sheng Siong but without the live seafood. You can pick up some provision there. It is located after the Petronas on the way into Desaru.

↡ Advertisement