Pulai Desaru - getting there and others

Jamjammer

Neutral Newbie

If you run out of beer in the room in the middle of the night and room service has stopped, you don't have a choice. We bought 2 cartons but..... [:p]

Just for your info, there is a place that sells beer late into the night 1am+. Coming out from Desaru, turn right at the Petronas. Go another 400-600m and on your left hand side are some shops.

Btw, there is a Supermarket at Desaru now. Something like Sheng Siong but without the live seafood. You can pick up some provision there. It is located after the Petronas on the way into Desaru.

Thanks, would grab some tidbits from there plus beer of course.... [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Thanks, would grab some tidbits from there plus beer of course.... [thumbsup]

received your mail... hope you enjoy your trip... if lost.. dun find me hor [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

received your mail... hope you enjoy your trip... if lost.. dun find me hor [laugh]

Hahaha...give me your nos...i called you in the middle of the night.... [laugh]

Tomorrow last day of school term.....definately wont be quiet over there.

2 weeks ago, i didnt manage to book any Pulai Desaru room for fri/sat for the entire June. Cos All fully booked liao. [:|]

So go for Lotua Desaru lor.

I'm going this Sun and staying for 2 nites at Lotus. Just my wife, my two 1.5 yo, maid and myself in my Superb :)

Supersonic
(edited)

2 weeks ago, i didnt manage to book any Pulai Desaru room for fri/sat for the entire June. Cos All fully booked liao. [:|]

Surprisingly many peoples still interested going to desaru?! [:/] I find nothing much to do over there lo.

Edited by 13177

Neutral Newbie

How about Pulai Spring Desaru? Is this good too?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Surprisingly many peoples still interested going to desaru?! [:/] I find nothing much to do over there lo.

Hahaha...to tell you the truth some pp go for a holiday "with nothing to do" in mind. I've a friend who would go to a resort in Bali or Thailand, just to go to the pool to chill out whole day, nothing on outing or venturing around...and he spend on 5 stars resort and only fly SIA!!! I think he is [hur]

For me, just a venture as I have not been there since many many years ago...

Edited by Jamjammer

Supersonic

Hahaha...to tell you the truth some pp go for a holiday "with nothing to do" in mind. I've a friend who would go to a resort in Bali or Thailand, just to go to the pool to chill out whole day, nothing on outing or venturing around...and he spend on 5 stars resort and only fly SIA!!! I think he is [hur]

For me, just a venture as I have not been there since many many years ago...

I think your friend too rich, only rich people can/will do such thing lo. :D

Yesterday newspaper report on the new expressway to Desaru, and the highway only can enter through 2nd link towards Senai airport.

Neutral Newbie

Dear all,

Just returned from the trip. The new highway was great! Toll was cheap, enter at Senai till Desaru, only RM$7.40 and from Desaru to Ulu Tiram toll RM$4.70!!

The traffic is very light but the resort has lots of pp, there are 3 churches camping at Lotus Desaru. We really like the small water theme park there :D

The 2nd link custom clearance was fast as there was no need to do finger print except for my filippno maid.

Oh, I bought a new Garmin GPS, it doesnt have the new route so a good part of the journey the device keep asking me to stick to the planned route [laugh]

let me know if you guys needs more info... [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

Oh, there is only one petrol station along the entire senai-desaru highway. The shell station is located at the deserted R&R stop at Layang.... I regreted pumping at Galang Pateh as I always wanted to try Msian Shell Fuel Save.... plus the station is deserted so I could try to pump 95... [lipsrsealed]

Desaru is very easy to reach. I go there annually. Im a boring person rah. ^_^

Once out of the checkpoint, you turn into tebrau highway, its straight drive all the way. Do not filter/turn left or right.

As you drive on, buildings scenary will slowly turn to oil palm planations and at the very first big traffic light junction, there is a huge signboard showing left turn to kota tinngi, right turn to desaru.

(just in case you miss the turn, if you see a mobil station on the right, please turn back!!! Next stop will be mersing liao....haha)

Once you make a right turn, this road allllllll the way down is sg renngit where u eat seafood. Ostick farm is there too. This road in/out of desaru. Damn difficult to get lost. [laugh]

On this road, u will pass a right turn to crocodile farm, a right turn fruit farm and then left turn upon seeing petronas station in which pulai desaru or lots desaru is located.

Signboard directions are very clear.....just keep a look out and you will be fine.

Anyway when are you going ? im leading 2 virgin cars there on 18th June or 2 nites. hehehe.

Bro! whats your car plate.Lookout for black weekend Lancer Mr .Going in @ 11 am for goreng pisang first, then to DESARU using the new highway.Still a virgin driver to location. [wave]

Dear all,

Just returned from the trip. The new highway was great! Toll was cheap, enter at Senai till Desaru, only RM$7.40 and from Desaru to Ulu Tiram toll RM$4.70!!

The traffic is very light but the resort has lots of pp, there are 3 churches camping at Lotus Desaru. We really like the small water theme park there :D

The 2nd link custom clearance was fast as there was no need to do finger print except for my filippno maid.

Oh, I bought a new Garmin GPS, it doesnt have the new route so a good part of the journey the device keep asking me to stick to the planned route [laugh]

let me know if you guys needs more info... [drivingcar]

Howabout from Woodlands chkpt? [blush]

Neutral Newbie

Is finding the highway to Desaru easy in the 2nd link since it's not showing on the GPS?

I'm planning to go in for a short getaway. Thanks.

Is finding the highway to Desaru easy in the 2nd link since it's not showing on the GPS?

I'm planning to go in for a short getaway. Thanks.

The signage is very clear. Exit SENAI/ DESARU

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro Jam,

I will be going on Jul and also my first time there, better to drive thru 2nd link? I got the GPS but it doesnt seems to lead the way to the new bridge/highway?

↡ Advertisement