Where To Enjoy A Good "Affordable" Steak?

Vulcann

Twincharged

all steak / western food lovers ... remember tonight Chinese channel (8 or U) got a feature on a very popular western food stall in what looks like a hawker center !

I am waiting for find out which one too !

↡ Advertisement

all steak / western food lovers ... remember tonight Chinese channel (8 or U) got a feature on a very popular western food stall in what looks like a hawker center !

I am waiting for find out which one too !

missed your post. which stall was it?

Umi & Vino at Marina Square got promo 1 for 1 main course. Aus Wagyu (220g-250g) @ $48++, or book thru Eatigo, some timing got 50% off all food items. If 2 pax eat then $24++ for a Aus Wagyu steak is quite reasonable.

If wan beef don, go for Tanuki Raw, the beef don is good, without foie gras is $16++, with foie gras think abt $24++. Super good.

Edited by kenttankk
  • Praise 1

Seems the current situation is taking its toll on the coffee shop western food chain Chargrill Bar. 

So far I went to two known locations and they are not there anymore... Taken over by another western food stall. 

I don't think It gets cheaper than chargrill bar for a good cheap piece of steak. 

51 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Seems the current situation is taking its toll on the coffee shop western food chain Chargrill Bar. 

So far I went to two known locations and they are not there anymore... Taken over by another western food stall. 

I don't think It gets cheaper than chargrill bar for a good cheap piece of steak. 

the branch near my place (New Upper Changi Road) also changed hands a few months back

• Sad 1

Please don't laugh at me.

My favourite is T-Bone steak at Jack's Place.  Comes with meal set at slightly more than $30++ in total.

steaks1-thumbnail.jpg

Edited by Albeniz
  • Praise 9

3 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

Good steak difficult to tabao so I guess they suffered during lockdown.

Should have focused on chicken chop or something

2 hours ago, Albeniz said:

Please don't laugh at me.

My favourite is T-Bone steak at Jack's Place.  Comes with meal set at slightly more than $30++ in total.

steaks1-thumbnail.jpg

Wheres ur fav jacks place outlet?

• Praise 1

I think the best will be ownself prepared one. Can get from Cold Storage, actually they have everything. Plus it's cheaper than you eat the steak at some place.

Steaks are not difficult to prepare. Just rub the steak with salt and pepper and sear it in the sauce pan. Even better if you have left over red wine, just pour some into the pan.

I'm not into local style of "lum" gravy or black pepper sauce over the steak. Why musk the taste of the steak?? If you say dry means the chef did something wrong and overcooked it.

Maybe that's why I dont like how steaks are prepared in most places. Even lamb chops they put the black pepper sauce over them. Why?? It taste great on its own.

• Praise 3

35 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Used to be at Woodlands Civic Center.

Jack's Place I felt the old one at AMK center is still the best.

• Praise 3

I have not eaten steak for the longest time. It is too much of the same meat at one go. Prefer HDL and BITP these days - enjoying thin slice of beef and eating other stuff to balance the overwhelming beef taste in the mouth.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 4

Neutral Newbie

Enjoyed the steak at Ryan's Kitchen, quality meat at not-too-expensive prices.

You can also choose your meat from Ryan's Grocery next door and have the chef grill them over you. 

↡ Advertisement