Interesting interview by JBJ on what is Civil Disobedience

Relacklabrudder

very enlightening. He explain there is a place for civil disobedience. in fact Ong Teng Cheong sanction strikes for worker in shipyard before [:)]

↡ Advertisement

I have great respect for late Mr.JBJ. Some time in 2000, i was having a evening coffee at a restaurant in Serangoon Road, suddenly the people in the restaurant started leaving, i was just wondering whats happening and this frail looking person entered, politely ordered and the shop owner was also very kind with him. Then i asked my friend (Singaporean) about him and he said that is JBJ. I have heard his speeches (through audio tapes) before and never met him, so i went and introduced myself to him and he was kind and had few mins discussion. When i returned to my seat, my friend was shell shocked and said that their will be CID plain cloth police would follow him and that's why most Singaporeans avoid him.

To me, he stands out from the others and truly had a great spirit and courage at the times no one pushes for more transparency.

Twincharged
(edited)

I have great respect for late Mr.JBJ. Some time in 2000, i was having a evening coffee at a restaurant in Serangoon Road, suddenly the people in the restaurant started leaving, i was just wondering whats happening and this frail looking person entered, politely ordered and the shop owner was also very kind with him. Then i asked my friend (Singaporean) about him and he said that is JBJ. I have heard his speeches (through audio tapes) before and never met him, so i went and introduced myself to him and he was kind and had few mins discussion. When i returned to my seat, my friend was shell shocked and said that their will be CID plain cloth police would follow him and that's why most Singaporeans avoid him.

To me, he stands out from the others and truly had a great spirit and courage at the times no one pushes for more transparency.

..... All these people who leave the place are just ..... it is because of these kia si people that cause government to be so arrogant as they can do whatever they want and still being a leader.

Lucky things are slowly changing.. but there is still a lot of Singaporeans who are so scared of government that are one of these 60% people who vote PAP. Well...

Edited by Yewheng

..... All these people who leave the place are just ..... it is because of these kia si people that cause government to be so arrogant as they can do whatever they want and still being a leader.

Lucky things are slowly changing.. but there is still a lot of Singaporeans who are so scared of government that are one of these 60% people who vote PAP. Well...

Chee as much as media painted him to be a mad dog, i do feel otherwise after listening to his online speeches. he is a man of great conviction and passion and he does show genuine love for this country

just listen to this tribute he made to JBJ

"opposite of love is not hate , it is apathy, opposite of life is not death, it is apathy...apathy is waht cause evil to flourish...."

Chee as much as media painted him to be a mad dog, i do feel otherwise after listening to his online speeches. he is a man of great conviction and passion and he does show genuine love for this country

just listen to this tribute he made to JBJ

"opposite of love is not hate , it is apathy, opposite of life is not death, it is apathy...apathy is waht cause evil to flourish...."

miw + the "great leeder" may have done something decent for sgp in terms of material gains, GDP. But this is just about all they have achieved. For the past 50yrs or so, they have systematically suppressd common men's interests in politics / true democracy and used 'asset enhancement' etc to blind many. The 39% has realised this and decided on 7th May enough is enough.

↡ Advertisement