Cost/ease of transporting track car to sepang

Badder

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hi

does anyone know if theres any issues with transporting a track car (non road registered) car to sepang and back from singapore?

- do i have to pay any import taxes or fees? or any other issues at the border

- whats the appoximate cost?

also does anyone have any idea/link/info on car storage places around sepang. where i could keep a track car? again approx costs would be great.

cheers

Edited by Badder
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

hi

does anyone know if theres any issues with transporting a track car (non road registered) car to sepang and back from singapore?

also does anyone have any idea/link/info on car storage places around sepang. where i could keep a track car? again approx costs would be great.

cheers

it will be better if you email direct to Sepang circuit this queries.

however, from my little experience.. non-registered cars cannot be rolling on our roads.. meaning, you need a flat bed tow truck for transportation around singapore..

edit: webbie for you --> http://www.malaysiangp.com.my/

Edited by Nhrisuzu

Turbocharged

1. Singapore tow trucks are not allowed to operate in Malaysia and vice versa. So if you are using a tow truck / flat bed you have to "swap" in no man's land.

2. If the ccar is not registered I think you will have trouble bringing it into Malaysia. what you would have to investigate would be a "carne". Which is a special temporary import license

3. If I am not wrong, the only way to keep an unregistered car in Singapore is to register it as a race car. For this SMSA (Singapore Motor Sports Association) should be able to tell you the guidelines.

4. Without knowing how much money you have, what I would suggest would be either storage at Sepang OR You buy a flatbed car transporter trailer (I ccan help you find) park the car on it, park the combo in KL at secure facility then buy a Malaysian 4WD truck to tow it (I think can tow trailers in Malaysia if I am not wrong)

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

4. Without knowing how much money you have, what I would suggest would be either storage at Sepang OR You buy a flatbed car transporter trailer (I ccan help you find) park the car on it, park the combo in KL at secure facility then buy a Malaysian 4WD truck to tow it (I think can tow trailers in Malaysia if I am not wrong)

Thanks everyone,

Thanks Darryn,

Any idea what a small flatbed transporter would cost to buy in singapore (doesnt have to be new or in great condition)

failing that i was thinking of getting a trailer and towing it up and back on that from sing??

....i wonder how much of a pain getting a carne might be

Edited by Badder

(edited)

I have contact for tow truck to msia... anyway where from singapore to pasir gudang is 300rm from sg... no tax nothing...

Maybe can get local toll once in... cheaper...

Edited by Sw20

hijack abit.

can i convert a track car to a road legal car? assuming i demod and make it stock?

by paying COE and ARF

Neutral Newbie

so have you found out the answer to your question a year ago?

i'm curious to know too :D

but most prob cant if not ppl can play with it to beat COE

Twincharged

so have you found out the answer to your question a year ago?

i'm curious to know too :D

but most prob cant if not ppl can play with it to beat COE

I remember reading the answer in a thread in MCF before. Once convert to track car cannot convert back already. IIRC the thread was about someone who wants to keep his car after COE end by converting to track car.

Edited by Nzy

Neutral Newbie

but by converting to track car, wont the person be keeping his car (not scrapped), just that it can nv be driven on sg roads again??

but by converting to track car, wont the person be keeping his car (not scrapped), just that it can nv be driven on sg roads again??

ya. cannot drive in sg roads.

actually, cannot even drive in bolehland roads coz there is no way to register the car at all.

malaysia like singapore has the 3 year rule.

best is to keep it registered(OPC or sth).

Edited by Mllcg

Neutral Newbie

mine already coe car, no way to turn it into opc.

thinking of keeping it as track car when the time comes..

storage will be another headache though [knife]

mine already coe car, no way to turn it into opc.

thinking of keeping it as track car when the time comes..

storage will be another headache though [knife]

can OPC.

just no rebates

cannot store in HDB carpark.

need to store in either workshop or your own garage

Edited by Mllcg

Neutral Newbie

can OPC.

just no rebates

cannot store in HDB carpark.

need to store in either workshop or your own garage

wow i didnt know that.. i thought coe car means coe already. no longer can turn into opc.

so to renew, just pay a fraction of the coe?

wow i didnt know that.. i thought coe car means coe already. no longer can turn into opc.

so to renew, just pay a fraction of the coe?

nope.

no rebates.

pay full PQP

Neutral Newbie

hi

cheers

Bro,

seriously if u want to do this. Just hook up with a car dealer of your choice in JB. The dealer will do everything you need to convert it into a MY registered car for 1000RM (inclusive of insurance and road tax), but you need to have a malaysian driving license for that. The entire process is 4 - 5 days. You need a tow truck to tow to JB which is ard 100RM if your vehicle doesnt have road tax or insurance in sg.

Storage in Sepang is expensive, cheapest alternative is to rent a house in Selangor which is around 600 - 1000 RM per month and store it in there.

Cheers.

Supercharged

Bro,

seriously if u want to do this. Just hook up with a car dealer of your choice in JB. The dealer will do everything you need to convert it into a MY registered car for 1000RM (inclusive of insurance and road tax), but you need to have a malaysian driving license for that. The entire process is 4 - 5 days. You need a tow truck to tow to JB which is ard 100RM if your vehicle doesnt have road tax or insurance in sg.

Storage in Sepang is expensive, cheapest alternative is to rent a house in Selangor which is around 600 - 1000 RM per month and store it in there.

Cheers.

why are u replying to a old posting and to someone who is already being banned?

↡ Advertisement