Volvo S60 2.0T/T6

Tedlhw

Supercharged
(edited)

Dear friend , wait till yr volvo mileage hit 120K .... then u go SM motor .... wait for yr bill ....

i kenna 2.8 K for normal service at 88k only .... when i ran thru the list , i could not find anything major , .... it was just a NORMAL service ... the manager answered .... [bigcry]

i hv since done my servicing elsewhere ............. , i voiced out not because i hv anything against them ...

just could not bring myself to accept it lah .... just wanna let other wowo know my encounters ...

BTW Wowo hv no timing belt .... only cam shaft belt ....

Today my mileage is 150K ..... guess what ? My car is still as good !

How much do u think i hv paid for the services since .......... on average below S$300 !!!!

Ya lah of course.... no free kopi and magazine and aircon , music , VIP treatment plus couch lah ... no frills , no style ....

but i am not complaining for $ sake [laugh] [laugh] .... budget airline ... but still reach my destination

Don't mind can share the contact for your outside workshop for servicing Volvo? Thanks

Edited by Mahjong74
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

Dear friend , wait till yr volvo mileage hit 120K .... then u go SM motor .... wait for yr bill ....

i kenna 2.8 K for normal service at 88k only .... when i ran thru the list , i could not find anything major , .... it was just a NORMAL service ... the manager answered .... [bigcry]

S$2.8K for normal servicing is very high. Even BMW is cheaper.

Will you be able to list out the items that you had service?

I understand that SM servicing dept dont go according to your odometer.

Most likely yr 88K servicing is their recorded 150K servicing.

it something like, If you drive 13000 per year, you would have serviced your car twice at SM.

Their records will show it as 15K and 30K mark.

Edited by Mcf777

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

its just an ordinary motor repair shop , nothing special about the mech , except that he is quite experience with Euro vehicles .... coz we have a citroen van that he serviced all the while , so we just let him do the job.... so far so good leh .... , uncle is old liao and i didnt want2 increase his work load , thats why did nt want to recommend ......, mayb he retiring soon

u just nid to try any mech that experiences with euro vehicles ...

i relook the bill and found the little items were chgd very high , too ex liao

e.g. 1 x wiper blade is S$86.30 !!! Engine mtg S$398.60 etc ..... [bigcry]

80k only must change engine mtg !!!

some more wowo mgr say is "normal" service nia .... [bigcry]

Then if not normal service.... how ? ....memang betuh Jialat jialat ah ...... [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Thinthin

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

S$2.8K for normal servicing is very high. Even BMW is cheaper.

Will you be able to list out the items that you had service?

I understand that SM servicing dept dont go according to your odometer.

Most likely yr 88K servicing is their recorded 150K servicing.

it something like, If you drive 13000 per year, you would have serviced your car twice at SM.

Their records will show it as 15K and 30K mark.

Hv checked the bill , it just stated as 88K mileage .....

was a little puzzled that they start2 change all small things and even engine mtg at 88K mileage ?

the car was still new ..... i was surprised at the bill tho and esp when my wrrty had just expired at 75K ...... :o mgr juz shrugged his shoulder and said it was normal .... i was really scared ... coz my first wowo then...

mayb aso my last .... [wave]

Edited by Thinthin

Supersonic

i hv since done my servicing elsewhere ............. , i voiced out not because i hv anything against them ...

just could not bring myself to accept it lah .... just wanna let other wowo know my encounters ...

BTW Wowo hv no timing belt .... only cam shaft belt ....

Today my mileage is 150K ..... guess what ? My car is still as good !

How much do u think i hv paid for the services since .......... on average below S$300 !!!!

Ya lah of course.... no free kopi and magazine and aircon , music , VIP treatment plus couch lah ... no frills , no style ....

but i am not complaining for $ sake [laugh][laugh] .... budget airline ... but still reach my destination

ahem....maybe ur name robert izit? [:p][laugh] from ur description, that's not a normal scheduled service. when out of warranty, always go outside. onli timing belt change hv to let SM chop carrot for peace of mind.

Neutral Newbie

ahem....maybe ur name robert izit? [:p][laugh] from ur description, that's not a normal scheduled service. when out of warranty, always go outside. onli timing belt change hv to let SM chop carrot for peace of mind.

:wub: ya ... how u knw i robert ? vry clever boy ...

kena chop so now learn some lesson liao lah ....... :D i now change name liao ....

Turbocharged

Hv checked the bill , it just stated as 88K mileage .....

was a little puzzled that they start2 change all small things and even engine mtg at 88K mileage ?

the car was still new ..... i was surprised at the bill tho and esp when my wrrty had just expired at 75K ...... :o mgr juz shrugged his shoulder and said it was normal .... i was really scared ... coz my first wowo then...

mayb aso my last .... [wave]

Pls re-look yr bill. 88K should be yr current odometer mileage.

On their statement, there should be something that state what type of maintenance are they doing.

Example : 75,000km or 150,000km Maintenance Service

Wiper price is standard. You can try calling Unico to check.

Supercharged

siao liao, that meant 2nd hand Volvo s60 with powershift better avoid......

HAIZ...

nope, no problem with a '11 March 2.0T Powershift gearbox at all.

problem may be mainly with the Ford models...

Supercharged

@ ~100K km:

Had to change power steering rack;

was loving the weighty steering, but after the change feels almost Toyota light/over-assisted.

Major transmission fluid leak, had to change gearbox seal/gasket.