Should I report to car insurance?

Friendstar

(edited)

while getting out of a very tight parallel parking, i gently touched the rear bumper of the car in front of me.

it was so gentle that my OC and kids don't even know until i asked them if they felt anything.

should i report to car insurance?

my car has totally no damage at all.

Edited by Friendstar
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i would if the owner is there.....buuuuuuut he's not...so i just apologies to his ride n go.... if its a small damaged yeah i would take the time to apologies n work things out....but since itz an Audi n there damage is rather bad... i must admit itz wrong n im not tinkin straight at dat moment.... so i just vroom!

Neutral Newbie

very true..... i gotten my fair share of hit n runs.... then again almost every one who drives will face similar situations....its either ur lucky or not

Yes no damage.

But sure got gentle touch. I admit.

Thanks all for the vote of assurance.

I guess no need to report already

Yes no damage.

But sure got gentle touch. I admit.

Thanks all for the vote of assurance.

I guess no need to report already

sleep in peace.

Twincharged

I think gentle touch no damage should be ok la. I also touch other cars a few times already. Sometime parallel parking the lot abit tight I just use the other car as a stopper lo. Slowly reverse. Really slow like crawling. Touch the bumper of the other car to stop then just adjust. Using this method, bumper to bump the other car, I can get into those very tight lots easily.

is he within the lot?

i alway belive in karma so i will contact the driver and sort thing out.

Before you do that you better take pictures of the damaged area and make sure he only claims for those areas and not other places. Else later he claim an entire bumper etc.....

but must be well prepared for what goes around comes around... [thumbsup]

I treat it as part and parcel of driving and owning a car. Just like those "coins" on the doors. I kana hit on the bumper at carpark twice liao but I just don't bother. Polish off paint marks nia. I did reverse into another car once but no damage to his bumper (some paint crack marks on my bumper). Just forget it.

I don't feel its worth losing sleep over such trivial things. Back then I will only get worried if I totaled my car cause I only have 3rd party insurance. But now change car got comprehensive don't need to bother already.

↡ Advertisement