Barcelona tore Manchester United apart

Friendstar

Barcelona masterclass

Fergie: Barca the best I've faced

May 28, 2011

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson acknowledged the club's opponents in the Champions League, Barcelona, are the best team he has faced in his long and distinguished career.

'We were beaten, there is no other way to address the situation, by the best team,'' he told ITV1. ''I expected us to do better but at the end of the day we were beaten by the better team. They are the best team we have ever played, they are at the peak in this cycle of their team.

''There was good evidence we are a consistently good European team but we were beaten by the best team in Europe and there is no shame in that. Sometimes you come up against a far better team and tonight was one of those nights.''

Ferguson insisted United tried to play their normal game which was good enough the win the Premier League this season but they never got to grips with the way Barcelona retained possession and dominated midfield.

clap clap

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

ok fergie was generous in his praise for barcelona, despite the loss.

i watched the game.

it was truly barcelona magic.

Messi brilliance.

manchester had no answer.

Park J S totally couldn't hold the ball, let alone create chances from it.

Edited by Friendstar

Twincharged

barcelona just too strong le.. whole game barcelona ball possession more than 60% and man u just could not attack.. barcelona keep attaking.. xavi pass success rate is more than 90%. Barcelona just too good.

i was freakign tired.

i drove to friend's house to watch over beer and peanuts.

my friend is fervent man united supporter.

he was speechless as man u simply had no answer.

Respect to Ferguson, classy and noble in defeat.

Respect to Lionel Messi, the best this generation.

Respect to Barcelona for showing the world what it means to play beautiful football.

Supercharged

Man U is still the consistently best team around. At least they let pool and gunners smell their a$$. Haha

Turbocharged

best midfield diamond seen in recent seasons

----------messi--------------

---iniesta-------xavi--------

---------busquets-----------

neat short passes and 1-2 touches.. simply brilliant

(edited)

only mourinho and benitez can beat barca in one off game like this.

Well, Ferguson had done it too in the 2008 CL semi final against Barcelona. Goaless draw at Nou Camp and on the 2nd leg at Old Trafford, Paul Schole unleashed a powerful long range shot outside the box that had the goalie completely beaten. That year Man Utd went on to win the CL beating Chelsea in the penalty shootout.

Edited by Redstorm

Well, Ferguson had done it too in the 2008 CL semi final against Barcelona at Old Trafford where Paul Schole unleashed a powerful long range shot outside the box that had the goalie completely beaten.

Was that the last season under Rijkaard where Barca was having one of their worse season?

(edited)

Well, Ferguson had done it too in the 2008 CL semi final against Barcelona at Old Trafford where Paul Schole unleashed a powerful long range shot outside the box that had the goalie completely beaten.

Ya, but 2008 barca is nowhere near the present barca even though the player are almost the same. of course anybody can beat anybody la, but tactician like moureen and benitez will play antifootball tactics to stiffed barca while purist like wenger and fergie might not.

Edited by Assaxefour

Was that the last season under Rijkaard where Barca was having one of their worse season?

I think 2008 was Pep Guardiola's first season as the manager of Barcelona. He managed the club's B team the year before.