Honda Stream

Rm2s

Looking at used Honda Stream (2008 - 2009 models). Anyone with ownership experience to advise what to look out for? Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Looking at used Honda Stream (2008 - 2009 models). Anyone with ownership experience to advise what to look out for? Thanks in advance.

In my experience with both, I would recommend wish over stream. Wish is very stable on NSHWs!

• Praise 1

In my experience with both, I would recommend wish over stream. Wish is very stable on NSHWs!

Thanks for sharing. I hardly go Malaysia so high speed driving on NSHW is not a priority.

Any idea for e.g. when was the last facelift, etc. Really have no idea the history of Stream so just wanted to gather more info before I start looking.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for sharing. I hardly go Malaysia so high speed driving on NSHW is not a priority.

Any idea for e.g. when was the last facelift, etc. Really have no idea the history of Stream so just wanted to gather more info before I start looking.

Join the Honda Stream forum for more information. ^_^

http://www.sgstream.org/forum/forum.php

Decent car for that money. Many on the roads, mostly modded

Modded Stream is one that I will try to avoid. I am using it as family 2nd car, so, stock and lowest spec is fine with me actually.

Went to test drive the Stream at Kah Motor over the weekend, they only have the RCZ for test drive and it is running on the 17" wheels. The steering feels heavy with the upsized rims and I have to say I am a little uncomfortable with the way the steering felt.

My son who was seated in the back also tells me that the car was jiggly as he described it. He said not comfortable at all.

The aircon however is fairly strong, even on the 3rd row seat I could feel the draft coming ... not bad at all.

The new Stream price is now at around 124K before nego ... quite steep for a run of the mill MPV.

I feel the opposite from you. Wish gives me a floaty feeling whereas stream better aerodynamics make it better on NSHW.

Neutral Newbie

Modded Stream is one that I will try to avoid. I am using it as family 2nd car, so, stock and lowest spec is fine with me actually.

Went to test drive the Stream at Kah Motor over the weekend, they only have the RCZ for test drive and it is running on the 17" wheels. The steering feels heavy with the upsized rims and I have to say I am a little uncomfortable with the way the steering felt.

My son who was seated in the back also tells me that the car was jiggly as he described it. He said not comfortable at all.

The aircon however is fairly strong, even on the 3rd row seat I could feel the draft coming ... not bad at all.

The new Stream price is now at around 124K before nego ... quite steep for a run of the mill MPV.

the listed price is 124k. nett is 117k before nego after those 4k discount off cat B cars, additional 3 - 4k off if you take 2009 year of manufacture models, etc.

also, u need to take into account the OMV and COE of this model. the paper value IMHO is fairly high. so depreciation is lesser compared to conti makes like Citroen C4GP, Peugeot 5008 which are 1.6 and retailing in the high 120k to > 130k.

and yes, the handling of honda cars are generally more "entertaining" than softer tuned japanese makes like nissan/toyotas.

You test drove RSZ? The suspension is tuned lower for the sporty ride...I drive one now...Its actually enjoyable car and the ride is stable and firm. I have no complaints.

steering is heavy good or bad? i like heavy steering leh.

my honda accord gets light steering when the speed goes above 80km.

Supercharged

You test drove RSZ? The suspension is tuned lower for the sporty ride...I drive one now...Its actually enjoyable car and the ride is stable and firm. I have no complaints.

.. and no regret.

I share my own experience with a used Mar 2008 Kah Motor Stream which I got last Nov.

It's a great car but be aware that pickup can be quite sluggish due to its weight and e-throttle. Other than that, some of the common problems faced by Streamers are:

1. Air-con clutch slip. Hot air will blow out after some time due to air-con clutch slip. This can be rectified easily though.

2. Wiper home position slip. The wiper will sometimes not return to the home position even after you switched off the wiper, resulting in the wiper to wipe again next time you turn on the engine. This is not a great issue but can be irritating. The only fix is to change the wiper motor.

The RSZ model which you've test driven is tuned for a sporty drive, thus explaining the bumpy ride due to the sports suspension. The normal edition is setup for a more comfortable ride.

In my opinion, if you're getting a used Stream, try to get a KM's Stream or RSZ. This is due to the 4-disc brakes which I think is very crucial for the braking power of a MPV. I've been on drum brakes for my previous 2 rides and I really appreciate the rear disc brakes currently. Also, KM's Stream has higher OMV and selling price compared to PI's Stream is about the same. If you happen to get a normal edition Stream with 15 inch rims, please try to upgrade to a bigger size rims as 15 inch on a MPV makes it feel so unstable (and ugly too. Haha...).

The above are my opinion as a used Stream owner. Others may have differing opinions but I hope mine helps.

Neutral Newbie

If you looking at Comfort drive go for Stream X, not RSZ.

Stream X on 15" tyre and the suspension softer than RSZ, which make it less bumpy, more comfort and less fuel consumption (15 vs 17").

The are few minor diff between new and old Stream, but the key diff which easy to spot is those old series interior is beige color while newer one is black. Others are those cosmatic things like chrome handles..etc. Engine wise about the same.

Alternative, you may also test drive Wish NFL example those from Borneo Aero Tourer which in year 2008.

Heard there are some car dealer changed the mileage meter, so don't trust the dealer on mileage they claimed, demand to see the maintenance log book to understand the mileage usage, best get those KM one if you can (than PI).

Drove both Toyota Wish (New Face Lift=NFL) and Stream for few years, both hv Pros and Cons:-

Wish (NFL) vs Honda Stream

Fuel consumption: Wish 12~13.5km/lit vs Stream 11~12.5km/lit

Handling: Wish very floating feel vs Stream stable and sharp

Comfort: Wish quiet and less bumpy vs Stream more noise and bumpy

OMV: Wish is lower vs KM Honda high OMV

Size and Storage: Wish slightly bigger in storage, seat arragement about the same.

Neutral Newbie

I share my own experience with a used Mar 2008 Kah Motor Stream which I got last Nov.

It's a great car but be aware that pickup can be quite sluggish due to its weight and e-throttle. Other than that, some of the common problems faced by Streamers are:

1. Air-con clutch slip. Hot air will blow out after some time due to air-con clutch slip. This can be rectified easily though.

2. Wiper home position slip. The wiper will sometimes not return to the home position even after you switched off the wiper, resulting in the wiper to wipe again next time you turn on the engine. This is not a great issue but can be irritating. The only fix is to change the wiper motor.

The RSZ model which you've test driven is tuned for a sporty drive, thus explaining the bumpy ride due to the sports suspension. The normal edition is setup for a more comfortable ride.

In my opinion, if you're getting a used Stream, try to get a KM's Stream or RSZ. This is due to the 4-disc brakes which I think is very crucial for the braking power of a MPV. I've been on drum brakes for my previous 2 rides and I really appreciate the rear disc brakes currently. Also, KM's Stream has higher OMV and selling price compared to PI's Stream is about the same. If you happen to get a normal edition Stream with 15 inch rims, please try to upgrade to a bigger size rims as 15 inch on a MPV makes it feel so unstable (and ugly too. Haha...).

The above are my opinion as a used Stream owner. Others may have differing opinions but I hope mine helps.

Hi Weewee,

This not a common issues faced Stream, at least from the peers whom own Stream.

I guess (my opinion only) is the gear-pinion (not the motor) linked the wiper and motor worn out, this sometime due to:-

-wind screen to sticky or dirty (some due to applied rain repellant), or worn Wiper blades never get it replace.

this expedite the wear out rate of the gear.

-poor installation, previuos owner may dismantle it but not install it back properly, e.g. some lousy design strut bar require to dismantle the bonnet cover (include the wiper cover) for installation.

If you talk to KM, whole wiper motor with gear need to change, may cost you $300 + long lead time.

Alternatively, go to scrapyard to try your luck to look for the gear, cost depends on how well you bargain.

Regards

Hi Weewee,

This not a common issues faced Stream, at least from the peers whom own Stream.

I guess (my opinion only) is the gear-pinion (not the motor) linked the wiper and motor worn out, this sometime due to:-

-wind screen to sticky or dirty (some due to applied rain repellant), or worn Wiper blades never get it replace.

this expedite the wear out rate of the gear.

-poor installation, previuos owner may dismantle it but not install it back properly, e.g. some lousy design strut bar require to dismantle the bonnet cover (include the wiper cover) for installation.

If you talk to KM, whole wiper motor with gear need to change, may cost you $300 + long lead time.

Alternatively, go to scrapyard to try your luck to look for the gear, cost depends on how well you bargain.

Regards

I got mine changed FOC by KM since mine is still under warranty.

↡ Advertisement