Advice on Road Conditions Yong Peng to Segamat

Customgolf

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone, I would really appreciate some imput there, I'm making a trip up north and it will take me pass Yong Peng - Segamat. I've heard from friends that the condition of the road there isn't very good. Does anyone here have any experience? TIA.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Lots of potholes but not sufficient to kill your suspension.

Thanks. Any foreign objects like cats and others?

1st Gear

not juz cats, dogs carcass is a common sight along the way too on that 70+km stretch of road. there was once I saw a dead cow by the side of the rd.

Hi everyone, I would really appreciate some imput there, I'm making a trip up north and it will take me pass Yong Peng - Segamat. I've heard from friends that the condition of the road there isn't very good. Does anyone here have any experience? TIA.

used to use this route when go kuantan...

avoid this road if your rims are replicas or if you have low body kit....

I once hit a dog but that was in terengganu. Foreign objects are everywhere, north of Kuantan, there are lots of domesticated animals, if you hit a cow or goat, just keep going..... I was advised. :D

I once hit a dog but that was in terengganu. Foreign objects are everywhere, north of Kuantan, there are lots of domesticated animals, if you hit a cow or goat, just keep going..... I was advised. :D

I hit a cow coming back to Kertih at midnight after watching turtles lay eggs in Dungun.

The car radiator got smashed so could't escape.

After some bargaining with the owner, finally paid RM 500 and the villagers got free 'rendang curry' the next day. Ha!

Neutral Newbie

Lots of rest before the drive up north and always on the look of for road condition, have a safe trip Bro. [wave]

Yong Peng <-> Segamat is really not all that bad. Of course, cannot be compared with NSHW, CTE or PIE. Just be careful with potholes.

Animals more prevalent when you have roads that run through villages, and you want to slow down on these roads even if the highway is mostly 70km/h elsewhere. This is the same with any first world country, Europe or U.S. You really want to slow down, because the next thing you know is not to kill a cow but to kill a 3-year old kid.

Neutral Newbie

I hit a cow coming back to Kertih at midnight after watching turtles lay eggs in Dungun.

After some bargaining with the owner, finally paid RM 500 and the villagers got free 'rendang curry' the next day. Ha!

When was it happened? If you hit a cow or goat on the public roads nowadays, you can report it to the police and claimed your damaged from the owner cos they were not allowed their animals to roam arround the roads. But.. anyway if this animals got hit, no owner will owned-up now cos the dameged cost is much higher than a cow or goat. [:p]

Happened in 1985, in those days no handphones, no police- everything settle yourself

4 of us was surrounded by about 50 villagers- speak for itself- BTW the Co paid for the dead cow

Cows roamed freely in those days, eat grass by the side of the road in the day and sleep on the road at night cos' its warm and cosy whereas the grass is wet at night.

Yes, kill a few chickens during my frequent work trips to Kertih ( Trengganu ) and E stop to avoid a baby crawling out from ther house!!

Those days have to pack emergency food supplies and spares for the car

Kertih is just an oil town, so come back to Sin every weekend in my 1 year attachment

With so many highways, food stops and GPS, U still see posts asking for directions to Malacca

For us, pre- NSHW we just pack and go cos' getting lost was part of the learning curve

Driving to Penang in 1986 with my friend took 16 hours non stop on a twin carb. Mit Lancer

Neutral Newbie

The owner should pay you leh!

Your impact to the cow help tenderize the meat, more soft and Q! [laugh]

You are the second person to tell me the horror story of being surrounded by villagers and paying exorbitant sum of money to get out of a traffic situation. RM 500 in 1985 was quite a fortune then but no sweat for oil and gas guys. LOL. It was unfortunate for me to hit the stray dog but i drove off quickly, otherwise my SG plated car would probably have invited opportunist to take advantage of the situation.

The beaches and waters off the Terengganu coast must be pristine with lots of turtles then. I can imagine the road conditions during those days, ie kampong roads. My first road trip to Redang probably caused the premature death of my shock absorbers, these days with the highways, it is a much easier drive but the place is not as serene and as pretty as before.

You are the second person to tell me the horror story of being surrounded by villagers and paying exorbitant sum of money to get out of a traffic situation. RM 500 in 1985 was quite a fortune then but no sweat for oil and gas guys. LOL. It was unfortunate for me to hit the stray dog but i drove off quickly, otherwise my SG plated car would probably have invited opportunist to take advantage of the situation.

The beaches and waters off the Terengganu coast must be pristine with lots of turtles then. I can imagine the road conditions during those days, ie kampong roads. My first road trip to Redang probably caused the premature death of my shock absorbers, these days with the highways, it is a much easier drive but the place is not as serene and as pretty as before.

Yes, those days the beach were untouch, pick up many beautiful shells as large as your hand and the sand was so soft and white as snow

Turtles only come out to lay eggs at night but still a beautiful sight!

Seafood was cheap and fresh from the days' catch, people were friendly and not so much traffic

Roads was fill with pot holes and mostly heavy logging trucks but the surroundings was serene and the drive was very therapeutic

Nowadays, its much easier to drive with better roads but too much traffic with unfriendly and impatient drivers

↡ Advertisement