Expired Cashcard

Ethene

(edited)

Greetings!

Are the cash in a expired cash card refundable?

If yes, where and how do I go about doing it?

Thanks !

*edit : OMG wrong forum. Apologies

Edited by Ethene
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Greetings!

Are the cash in a expired cash card refundable?

If yes, where and how do I go about doing it?

Thanks !

bring it back to any bank................fill up form..............and they will send refund back to you..............can't remember how long but something like 12-30 days..................that is if your card has expired.

if not can do it over the atm.............but after that card cannot use liao...........

Neutral Newbie

Just go to an ATM (of the bank where you have a bank account). Use the ATM and its Cashcard options to refund the money in the expired Cashcard directly into your bank account.

Supercharged

bring it back to any bank................fill up form..............and they will send refund back to you..............can't remember how long but something like 12-30 days..................that is if your card has expired.

if not can do it over the atm.............but after that card cannot use liao...........

every cash card has a deposit of $5. will that be refunded as well?

Hypersonic

every cash card has a deposit of $5. will that be refunded as well?

the very old cashcard they will refund all....................but those newer ones...........like maybe 2-3 years back.............IIRC..............the $5 no refund one.............is the cost of the card...............something like those store value card................

the very old cashcard they will refund all....................but those newer ones...........like maybe 2-3 years back.............IIRC..............the $5 no refund one.............is the cost of the card...............something like those store value card................

Does NETs charge a fee to these merchants for using the terminal and transaction?

By right, the cost of producing the card should not go to the users.

You never see credit card companies charging for cost of the card. Even with annual fee, this fee could be waived.

There's a large sum of money parked inside NETs for the usage of these cards.

Supercharged

i see...no wonder when i did the refund something like 4 years ago i don't remember i was refunded the deposit. but yet when i bought the card for $10 on monday and the cash value has only $5, the cashier explained to me it is the deposit.

now i wonder to do atm refund or counter refund hehe.....i am sure if i do atm refund they won't refund me the deposit. counter refund wonder if got chance to ask for the $5 deposit to be refunded as well. afterall i returned the card intact

Sorry to hijack, anyone encounter prob with their MCF cashcard??

My girl's MCF cashcard expired on 31 May 2011. So can't be used anymore.

It's no longer refundable. It's the cost of the card and they make you pay for it now!

Damn, and most cards only have a validity period of 5 years. But, in actual fact, it's far less (typically 3 years only) as they mass-produced in big batch and takes time to clear stock. By the time consumers buy the cashcard, it has a useful life of about 2-3 years only.

So, every 2-3 years, your pay $5 for each cashcard and don't forget people normally have 2 as backup. [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

Supercharged

It's no longer refundable. It's the cost of the card and they make you pay for it now!

Damn, and most cards only have a validity period of 5 years. But, in actual fact, it's far less (typically 3 years only) as they mass-produced in big batch and takes time to clear stock. By the time consumers buy the cashcard, it has a useful life of about 2-3 years only.

So, every 2-3 years, your pay $5 for each cashcard and don't forget people normally have 2 as backup. [bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

yeah i waited till 31 may 2011 (day of expiry of my current cash card) to buy my replacement cash card but it is dated Feb2011 and expiring on 31 Jan 2011.

that's my guess as well, $5 for the cost of the card and we don't get any refund of the $5 even if we return the card in one piece.

Hypersonic

Does NETs charge a fee to these merchants for using the terminal and transaction?

By right, the cost of producing the card should not go to the users.

You never see credit card companies charging for cost of the card. Even with annual fee, this fee could be waived.

There's a large sum of money parked inside NETs for the usage of these cards.

yes.............it is 2% now....same as visa and higher than master.................

the rest I am unable to answer you...............

Hypersonic

i see...no wonder when i did the refund something like 4 years ago i don't remember i was refunded the deposit. but yet when i bought the card for $10 on monday and the cash value has only $5, the cashier explained to me it is the deposit.

now i wonder to do atm refund or counter refund hehe.....i am sure if i do atm refund they won't refund me the deposit. counter refund wonder if got chance to ask for the $5 deposit to be refunded as well. afterall i returned the card intact

how you do the refund..............the final result is only one..........S$5 deposit they makan one.............it is suppose to be we buying the card at S$5 lah.............the card is worthless to them liao...........it has become our property.......... [laugh] [laugh]

but i think it is faster to refund via ATM..............counter last time has to fill up form one................

Hypersonic

talking abt expiry date.....i better go take a look at mine.............it's like a few years liao............

Hypersonic

yeah i waited till 31 may 2011 (day of expiry of my current cash card) to buy my replacement cash card but it is dated Feb2011 and expiring on 31 Jan 2011.

that's my guess as well, $5 for the cost of the card and we don't get any refund of the $5 even if we return the card in one piece.

the card is yours!!! [laugh] [laugh]

Supercharged

the card is yours!!! [laugh] [laugh]

haha, not like the card can makan or got erotic picture to enjoy looking at.

$5 for the cost of production of the card is such a rip off when they still earn from the merchants who collect fees thru nets cash card.

that's why i rather give my business to credit card companies whereever possible. at the very least, they don't make me pay for the piece of plastic.

↡ Advertisement