Apple In the news

RadX

That guy is a fool to do so. In another 1-2 years, the ipad 2 will be replaced with a newer model.

Don't worry about him, fella still has his 2 balls.... [sly]

Turbocharged

Don't worry about him, fella still has his 2 balls.... [sly]

Who knows?, that idiot might sell his ball for iphone5 later this year...

The replacement of the harddisk portion is similiar to what Compaq did to their systems in the 90s.

They added a proprietary chip to the harddisk manufactured by Conners (later bought over by Seagate) so that you can only buy the replacement harddisk from them.

Let's see how long Apple can survive with this type of business model.

The replacement of the harddisk portion is similiar to what Compaq did to their systems in the 90s.

They added a proprietary chip to the harddisk manufactured by Conners (later bought over by Seagate) so that you can only buy the replacement harddisk from them.

Let's see how long Apple can survive with this type of business model.

sell the computer part away. they still got iphone,ipad and iwhatever.

u think they screw the computer part up they will die?

but then again, why is microsoft being sued for being anti competitive with its IE while apple is not for the HDD?

now that they got even supportor who will even sell his kidney for a Ipad...it is probably a good time to take down PC...as in Microsoft !!!...so rather then PC being the mainstream...it will be Mac in future...

Their marketing fantastic...just like MacDonald...ask your kid not to eat Mac and see what happen !!!...and seem the word "MAC" is a super lucky word !!! it bring success!!!

now that they got even supportor who will even sell his kidney for a Ipad...it is probably a good time to take down PC...as in Microsoft !!!...so rather then PC being the mainstream...it will be Mac in future...

Their marketing fantastic...just like MacDonald...ask your kid not to eat Mac and see what happen !!!...and seem the word "MAC" is a super lucky word !!! it bring success!!!

mac will never be the mainstream that is long lasting. ppl need the freedom eventually.

nowadays ppl just like to be tom dick and harry due to the trend. this is just like the bubble that will burst one day.

it happened once for apple, it will repeat the history again.

but then again, why is microsoft being sued for being anti competitive with its IE while apple is not for the HDD?

because microsoft was too much bigger than others including apple.

I just use what I have found to be superior and value for money

Those who refuse to touch apple, if you got 'principles', I suppose you are on Linux, right? If you use MS and diss Apple on principles, that smacks of hypocrisy.

All I have is an iPod touch and iMac. Necessity. I don't own iPhone or iPad cos I don't need them. I'm not a fanboy, if MS can beat apple, good for them, I will switch

Wasted too much time and money on MS based products. But I will give it to them, I think they make decent keyboards and mice [laugh]

I'm not advocating Apple at all. Doesn't do me any good if any of you get apple stuff, and some may actually be served better by PC/MS system. To each his own...

mac will never be the mainstream that is long lasting. ppl need the freedom eventually.

nowadays ppl just like to be tom dick and harry due to the trend. this is just like the bubble that will burst one day.

it happened once for apple, it will repeat the history again.

Some people need the freedom, granted.

I'm just an ordinary user though. I want something which works and I don't have to fuss over.

Defragmenting, virus scanning and reformatting systems are quite fun though. I still get to do so when I help troubleshoot PC systems for other people. My own system is boring, it just goes and goes, never a hiccup. Ok lah, did onsite service for my monitor (under warranty) due to a common defect (imacs get dark screen patches).

There will come a day when I need to upgrade RAM. admittedly that will be something of a b!tch compared to PC system as I don't dare to open up my imac. Will find out how when the time comes. currently 4gb is more than enough for anything I do. RAM seems to go a much longer way on OS X as compared to any of the windows OS I have touched.

sell the computer part away. they still got iphone,ipad and iwhatever.

u think they screw the computer part up they will die?

There may be many others who think the same, unless we are forced to use the igadgets for work, many of us will not even consider getting one.

And the many who gave up using after some time.

I think it is difficult to sue Apple for being anti-competitive as Mac's market share is still consider far too low compared to the normal x86 PC. Similiar for IE, they command a huge market share, that's why they are targetted.

Besides, the use of propritary hardware does not hurt the businesses of the harddisk manufacturers. Apple will still need to approach these harddisk or SSD manufacturers to build for them. Just that consumers will not have much choices.

Reading from the article, it may still be possible to "hack" the system for it to accept normal harddisk/SSDs. The main thing lies on the BIOS and maybe the driver.

I just use what I have found to be superior and value for money

Those who refuse to touch apple, if you got 'principles', I suppose you are on Linux, right? If you use MS and diss Apple on principles, that smacks of hypocrisy.

All I have is an iPod touch and iMac. Necessity. I don't own iPhone or iPad cos I don't need them. I'm not a fanboy, if MS can beat apple, good for them, I will switch

Wasted too much time and money on MS based products. But I will give it to them, I think they make decent keyboards and mice [laugh]

I'm not advocating Apple at all. Doesn't do me any good if any of you get apple stuff, and some may actually be served better by PC/MS system. To each his own...

If I'm not wrong, Mac is trying to emulate the x86/Windows architecture with one of the newer CPUs.

This is probably to maintain it's survival.

Going solely on it's own Mac applications, the take up rate would have been much lower. MS might not even develop a copy of Office to run on Mac.

What Boyboy said, my sentiments exactly.

I just want a phone that works well and a computer that works well.

Bluetooth file transfer disabled? This has probably got to be the 'biggest overrated' 'problem' some people say of the iPhone. There are many other ways to transfer stuff on the iPhone. I'm not complaining because I don't need to transfer files over BT everyday. Maybe some people do, I wouldn't know for sure. If one day you need to transfer something, send it by apps like Whatsapp or Bump. (I know people would then say why the need for extra apps).

On computers, my computers, Mac or Windows, always tend to last longer than my a few of my buddies who are constantly fiddling with their stuff. One of them has some water cooled, LED lighted CPU with a glow in the dark mouse. :huh:

but we never had anyone selling kidney to get a PC yet !!! They even manage to change the social value...that's how gd they are... [shakehead] [shakehead]

(edited)

If I'm not wrong, Mac is trying to emulate the x86/Windows architecture with one of the newer CPUs.

This is probably to maintain it's survival.

Going solely on it's own Mac applications, the take up rate would have been much lower. MS might not even develop a copy of Office to run on Mac.

emulation is no use.(it still has its flaws)

only one reason i dont get mac is the lack of support for MANY games unless u boot camp.

but then, u are also restricted by the drivers and there is no x64.

im on 8GB ram now. u cant "future proof" a mac.

my this desktop is 4 years le and still going strong.

and what my IT lecturers said is true.

MAC computers/laptops is only reserved for those who do alot of photo/music editing.

Edited by Mllcg

What Boyboy said, my sentiments exactly.

I just want a phone that works well and a computer that works well.

Bluetooth file transfer disabled? This has probably got to be the 'biggest overrated' 'problem' some people say of the iPhone. There are many other ways to transfer stuff on the iPhone. I'm not complaining because I don't need to transfer files over BT everyday. Maybe some people do, I wouldn't know for sure. If one day you need to transfer something, send it by apps like Whatsapp or Bump. (I know people would then say why the need for extra apps).

On computers, my computers, Mac or Windows, always tend to last longer than my a few of my buddies who are constantly fiddling with their stuff. One of them has some water cooled, LED lighted CPU with a glow in the dark mouse. :huh:

its an open secret about the bluetooth part.

they dont want u to share music.

all must go through itunes

↡ Advertisement