Home improvment question: Wiring of lampholder base

Little_prince

hey guys.

kinda dumb question here. the florescent lamp of my fish tank burnt out i found the base of the lamp holder chao tar... so i dismantled it and bought a replacement....

problem is i have no idea how to plug the wire back inside? doesn't seem to fit anywhere! and nothing to tighten!

hahaha...

i attached some photos to help you guys understand the problem... hope something can help...

thanks in advance!

lamp001.jpg

lamp002.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Are you able to confirm if there are 2 or 3 cables in your wire?

Electrical stuffs are very standard ones, consists of 3 cables - Live, Neutral and Earth (optional).

Sometimes I just don't bother if the whole assembly mismatch, I'll just mod the circuits, sometimes cutting off the connector and replace with another that fits or just solder the wires directly.

DIY will save you $$$ if you know what to do.

Electrical stuffs are very standard ones, consists of 3 cables - Live, Neutral and Earth (optional).

Sometimes I just don't bother if the whole assembly mismatch, I'll just mod the circuits, sometimes cutting off the connector and replace with another that fits or just solder the wires directly.

2 wires... but i dunno how to connect the wire to the holes... usually there's screws or something to connect but in this case it's just a hole! =(

Turbocharged

prob you need to open it up and solder it to the connectors.. see whether the plastic casing can be opened or not..

prob you need to open it up and solder it to the connectors.. see whether the plastic casing can be opened or not..

annot open leh... sibei dulan... <_<

annot open leh... sibei dulan... <_<

Those are snap connect holes pn the ballast. Wind the wire up, into a cord. Both, not together of course, and plug into the respective hole, approximately 2cm bare wire, insert in, the ballast connect will be pushed in,a light jerk out will show you it's held in place.

2 wires... but i dunno how to connect the wire to the holes... usually there's screws or something to connect but in this case it's just a hole! =(

I assume the connector you are holding is coming from the florescent lamp.

And since you confirm it is only 2 wires, then they are Live and Neutral only.

What you can do is to cut off the connector, then strip off the rubber exposing the wire and join them up with your main plug.

Standard florescent lamps only use Live and Neutral for the connections.

If you're not sure, after cutting off the connectors, just join the same colour cables together will do.

Remember to tape them up with those insulation tapes when done or you can buy those heat shrink wrap to cover up the exposed wires.

hey guys.

kinda dumb question here. the florescent lamp of my fish tank burnt out i found the base of the lamp holder chao tar... so i dismantled it and bought a replacement....

problem is i have no idea how to plug the wire back inside? doesn't seem to fit anywhere! and nothing to tighten!

hahaha...

i attached some photos to help you guys understand the problem... hope something can help...

thanks in advance!

Can you provide photos showing other angles, with the flourescent lamp dismounted from the base.

btw, the lamp holder base chao tar is an indication of loose connection/wiring, leading to "sparking/arcing/overheating". Suggest that you monitor after changing the lamp/holder.

Those are snap connect holes pn the ballast. Wind the wire up, into a cord. Both, not together of course, and plug into the respective hole, approximately 2cm bare wire, insert in, the ballast connect will be pushed in,a light jerk out will show you it's held in place.

erm... paiseh bro.. need more detailed instructions... me abit dumb fark when it comes to electrical stuff [laugh]

wind wire up isit like this?

lamp.jpg

then poke into which hole?

untitled.jpg

actually i tried all 3 leh.. but doesnt seem to go in leh...

erm... paiseh bro.. need more detailed instructions... me abit dumb fark when it comes to electrical stuff [laugh]

use a testpen to poke A and same time insert one wire on C

same the other side

Mercy-mercy, the question he posed suggested he needs an Electrician's help. Kindly do not mislead him into dangerous adventure.

Call me.

I believe you can employ an Electrician so as not to endanger others around the house.

i do believe that you're right [laugh]

↡ Advertisement