Does 2006 Hyundai Verna 1.4A have ABS?

Atrecord

Does anyone here know about or own Hyundai Verna 1.4A, from the 2005/2006 model? I'm considering getting one and am interested to know whether it has ABS.

Is the car ok, for simple day-to-day use, and does it have any major or common problem?

tks.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Driving a 2007 verna 1.4M. Mine doesn't have abs. Very reliable. No problems other than wear and tear. For day to day use its good. Mine already has more than 100k mileage. Only problem is above 160km/h the car starts to feel like its floating a little. Just don't drive too fast.

Thanks! I'm not going to go even near 100 km/h for singapore day-to-day use, so speed is not an issue.

So it's confirmed that only the 1.6 models have ABS? The dealer claims that it has, but not sure now...

Twincharged

Thanks! I'm not going to go even near 100 km/h for singapore day-to-day use, so speed is not an issue.

So it's confirmed that only the 1.6 models have ABS? The dealer claims that it has, but not sure now...

Not sure if only the 1.6 has ABS. But then I am quite sure most 1.4 got no ABS. Met up with a few verna owners before and all the 1.4 dun have ABS but then on Sgcarmart can see most of the advertisements for 1.4 state have ABS. FC is quite good to me but maybe cuz mine is the manual one. Getting around 13-14km/l. If purely on highway like in Malaysia I can easily get 16-17km/l.

I know for a fact that the 1.4M doesn't come with ABS. I almost ended up with a straightline wet-braking accident victim because of this.

Twincharged

I know for a fact that the 1.4M doesn't come with ABS. I almost ended up with a straightline wet-braking accident victim because of this.

Can try practicing ur e-braking more to be able to adjust to a car without abs. After practicing a few times on a deserted stretch of road I can now ebrake without locking the wheels even on wet roads. Realised no abs can stop even faster than a car with abs. Cuz was testing the stopping distance with one of the other vernas with abs. Or maybe cuz his is 1.6l engine so heavier so longer braking distance?

Thanks... what about fuel consumption of the verna 1.6A? does it drink?

and how much is the typical insurance premium for the car?

tks.

Well, actually that was what happened to me more than 10 yr ago, when a prime mover travelling on innermost lane along AYE skidded out to the middle lane when it (and all other vehicles in that lane) jammed brake. I was going at about 80 kmh in the (slightly) wet condition on the middle lane, and about 50 m behind it when it started braking, and i already slowed down. Then when i was abt 20 m behind, it started to skidded out to in front of me. I jammed brake immediately, but the Mit Lancer (think it was 94 model) i drove just skidded straight and kissed the ass of the darn prime mover...

from then on, i made sure I buy cars that have ABS...

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Well, actually that was what happened to me more than 10 yr ago, when a prime mover travelling on innermost lane along AYE skidded out to the middle lane when it (and all other vehicles in that lane) jammed brake. I was going at about 80 kmh in the (slightly) wet condition on the middle lane, and about 50 m behind it when it started braking, and i already slowed down. Then when i was abt 20 m behind, it started to skidded out to in front of me. I jammed brake immediately, but the Mit Lancer (think it was 94 model) i drove just skidded straight and kissed the ass of the darn prime mover...

from then on, i made sure I buy cars that have ABS...

For cars with no ABS u cannot just jam the brake all the way. U jam already must release till just before the wheels lock up. After some practice your stopping distance should not be much different from the same car with ABS.

For cars with no ABS u cannot just jam the brake all the way. U jam already must release till just before the wheels lock up. After some practice your stopping distance should not be much different from the same car with ABS.

Sounds like logical.

But then, when faced with the critical situation of 'going to have accident if don't try to stop immediately', am not sure that many people would still have the presence of mind to think so coolly and calmly and keep on pumping the brake pedal leh... most likely is will just floor the brake pedal...

Twincharged

Sounds like logical.

But then, when faced with the critical situation of 'going to have accident if don't try to stop immediately', am not sure that many people would still have the presence of mind to think so coolly and calmly and keep on pumping the brake pedal leh... most likely is will just floor the brake pedal...

Must practice first lo. Now thats my natural reaction already. Never locked my wheels anymore when I jam brakes even if I driving a car with abs. Also realised that if use this method on car with abs the stopping distance actually shorter than if u rely on the abs to prevent wheels from locking.

Can try practicing ur e-braking more to be able to adjust to a car without abs. After practicing a few times on a deserted stretch of road I can now ebrake without locking the wheels even on wet roads. Realised no abs can stop even faster than a car with abs. Cuz was testing the stopping distance with one of the other vernas with abs. Or maybe cuz his is 1.6l engine so heavier so longer braking distance?

accident strike when u least expect do u think u still hv time to pull ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi, Ima from Club Verna.

FYI,

1.6 comes with 4 disc brake and ABS

1.4 comes with 2 disc 2 drum and no ABS

All equipped with a driver airbag.

[cool]

Twincharged

accident strike when u least expect do u think u still hv time to pull ?

Yep. Have been using this technique to brake as my car no ABS. Managed to prevent myself from rear ending a car infront a few times already. But once was unlucky and the guy behind me can't stop in time. It becomes natural. Everytime when jam brake u don't need to think u will find the right spot just before the wheels lock up.

timing belt.

but not very expensive.if u buy ur own parts from song yi and get a workshop ti change at most is $350. used to drive a verna 1.4

↡ Advertisement