Real-world FC of Forester

Ssbcc

I wonder if any MCFers driving the current generation Forester can tell me what their FC in real-world driving conditions is like.

Is it significantly worse than a 2WD SUV such as a Kia Sportage?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

very comparable the same (2.0 forester and the hyundai) . This is the data I have friends driving the hyundai and kia.

please do not compare the 2.5 turbo forester to the 2.0 Kia or Hundai suv.

I own a 2.0 forester.

There are 2 types of Forester XT. One is the 2.0 and the other is the 2.5 Both are turbo.

The 2.0 XT gets you on average 7-9 K/L depending on how you drive and the other I dont know.

Neutral Newbie

There are 2 types of Forester XT. One is the 2.0 and the other is the 2.5 Both are turbo.

The 2.0 XT gets you on average 7-9 K/L depending on how you drive and the other I dont know.

The 2.0xt need to go through PI which is going to be expensive than the 2.5xt I suppose.

May not be true because normally PI imports cheaper than the AD. Moreover

it is now an old model.

The SH5- new generation forester 2.0L turbo that I heard is more expensive as it comes with some of the things local 2.5L does not.

Used to drive a 2.0x SG9.

Consumption 11km/L thereabouts. Can hit 12km/L on good days tho..

If without turbo, definitely will get better consumption. If it is XT then fc

will be 7 - 9 k/l. I used to have an XT from 2005 till 2011. It is very reliable

and I have only changed only the oil seal of the power steering when it was on 20km +

and the AD says now warranty. That pisses me off Subaru. So no more Subaru for me.

Current Model on the roads : 2.5 XT

regular driving with around 20-30% expressway getting around 12.5 L/100Km on average, This works out to be 8km/l. During reservist days when i have to drive almost 90% expressways to camp early in the morning, i can get 8L/100km which is around 12.5km/l, exact opposite in figures :)

Mostly regular driving with occasional boosting during overtaking or merging into expressways. No Mods, stock since day one closing to 3 yrs now other than change of tyres with same profile

Neutral Newbie

been driving 2.5xt, high mileage of 4000-5000 per mth...... service almost every mth. turbo kui every-now-and-then but only for short period of time (whats the point of driving turbo car if don't kui) anyway FC is 8-9K/L before and after mod.... maybe tunning helps

If without turbo, definitely will get better consumption. If it is XT then fc

will be 7 - 9 k/l. I used to have an XT from 2005 till 2011. It is very reliable

and I have only changed only the oil seal of the power steering when it was on 20km +

and the AD says now warranty. That pisses me off Subaru. So no more Subaru for me.

I still don't understand what piss you off.

It was still under warranty and it is only 20k+ km done only and AD tells me

no warranty. It is a SUV and suppose to be tough. [mad] [mad] [mad]

Not true. Some models only PI imports, so no comparison with AD.

Forester SH5 from PI is JDM, with SI Drive, Climate Control, etc. but no roof rails. SH9 from AD is EDM, w/o most of the interior electronics. Having said that, not all EDM are like that, because I know someone owns 2.0XT in U.K. and has everything. Sometimes AD removes quite a few things to reduce OMV and therefore, reduce ARF.

It's quite common in SG that for the exact same model same price, AD may take away HID, take away interior electronics, take away leather seats, smaller wheels, etc. Then put some back as "free gift", or optional accessories. Of course, some PI also practice the same to make the price more competitive.

May not be true because normally PI imports cheaper than the AD. Moreover

it is now an old model.