Malaysia Immigration THUMB PRINT + Pls share Experience

Tigerwoods

I'm going for a holiday in Malaysia.

I heard from news that they are documenting Thumb prints and it is taking a long time just to go pass customs.

As I have not gone thru JB by car for quite a while I hope fellow MCFers can guide me on the changes :

1. How long of wait thru Second Link ?? On a Saturday Noon time

2. I hear now you pay only by Touch "N" Go card. Can buy in Singapore ??

Pls share your experience so that I can reach my destination on time.

Thanks !

↡ Advertisement

Saturday noon time?!? One bro took 4.5 hours mate! Another took 6 hours! Think you'd better go in before the break of dawn if you wanna get anything done on time!

Touch and Go think can buy from the customs itself? Forgot already!

(edited)

just to share,

how long to wait hard to guide but last saturday i went in at about 7am plus stucked till my turn already near 8am. they implemented the new security system, using left and right 2nd fingers registration. only one time needed if never done before. children under twelve no need to do it, but adult passengers must come out of the ride to do the fingers registratio.

touch b go card can purchase after the custom as told by the customer office. buy from the toll counter or pay by cash like what i did. go to the left lane indicate bus, lorry follow the Q.....you can top up TNG card from the counter also.

hope this help

Edited by Bfmstg

Neutral Newbie

On Sunday morning I reached the Malaysia toll booth at 4am at the 2nd link. There was no other cars in the two lanes that were open. Yet it took the custom officer 15 minutes to clear 3 adults with finger scanning and 3 toddlers.

That was my experience.

I dread to think how many hours i needed to wait if I were to left Singapore later.

I'm going for a holiday in Malaysia.

I heard from news that they are documenting Thumb prints and it is taking a long time just to go pass customs.

As I have not gone thru JB by car for quite a while I hope fellow MCFers can guide me on the changes :

1. How long of wait thru Second Link ?? On a Saturday Noon time

2. I hear now you pay only by Touch "N" Go card. Can buy in Singapore ??

Pls share your experience so that I can reach my destination on time.

Thanks !

Saturday noon time?!? One bro took 4.5 hours mate! Another took 6 hours! Think you'd better go in before the break of dawn if you wanna get anything done on time!

Touch and Go think can buy from the customs itself? Forgot already!

Wah Lau eh... 4~6 hours...

Looks like I need to tell wifey to start from morning time.

Thanks !

just to share,

how long to wait hard to guide but last saturday i went in at about 7am plus stucked till my turn already near 8am. they implemented the new security system, using left and right 2nd fingers registration. only one time needed if never done before. children under twelve no need to do it, but adult passengers must come out of the ride to do the fingers registratio.

touch b go card can purchase after the custom as told by the customer office. buy from the toll counter or pay by cash like what i did. go to the left lane indicate bus, lorry follow the Q.....you can top up TNG card from the counter also.

hope this help

You say come out of Car walk far away from car or beside car - to scan your Index fingers ??

You mean you can buy TNG card direct from Toll Counter (left side for Lorry/trucks) and they can deduct the toll$ from that card ??

No choice leh...

got choice!

take bus.. or dun go.. or like the other bro, go in during the time when pple just finish clubbing..

then coming back how? oso tat kinda timing? :o

You say come out of Car walk far away from car or beside car - to scan your Index fingers ??

No they are so high-tech that can scan you thumb print while you are inside the car <_<

You mean you can buy TNG card direct from Toll Counter (left side for Lorry/trucks) and they can deduct the toll$ from that card ??

buy and deduct at the same time

(edited)

when reached the custom counter, the custom officer ask my passengers alight to scan the finger prints. i bought the card from the toll counter, paid rm20 if not mistaken but that was quite long ago. now can buy from their petrol kiosk also.

Edited by Bfmstg

when you reached the custom counter, passenger have to alight to scan the finger prints. i bought the card from the toll counter, paid rm20 if not mistaken but that was quite long ago. now can buy from their petrol kiosk also.

yup. and can always top up at their counter..

Wah Lau eh... 4~6 hours...

Looks like I need to tell wifey to start from morning time.

Thanks !

Yeah, seriously. Like before 6am...defintely before 7am [shakehead]

got choice!

take bus.. or dun go.. or like the other bro, go in during the time when pple just finish clubbing..

then coming back how? oso tat kinda timing? :o

Wifey wants holiday but want to cut short due to PSLE coming... donwan the 10 days period which we always take to other countries.

Book liao...

Is it true all passenger must have the finger print registered? I reach Woodlands at 10.30am and reach JB side at 12.30pm, none of us go through the scan, why leh? [hur]

CAn I ask, coming back to Singapore need to Scan Index Finger anot ??

Wah lau eh... if need then Kee Chia man...

Wifey wants holiday but want to cut short due to PSLE coming... donwan the 10 days period which we always take to other countries.

Book liao...

*gulp*

good luck! [wave]

Book liao...

go batam or bintan [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement