Malaysia Immigration THUMB PRINT + Pls share Experience

Tigerwoods

Supercharged

MY really CMI. whatever they want to implement, all failure...... Lazy and brainless

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Why suddenly there is a new need to scan finger print?

Pattern more than badminton?

Objectively, maybe this is a good meansure but I think the implementation is bad..... everyone can easily calculate the seriousness of the time delay caused by the need to scan finger prints.... if one persons takes 5 mins, there are so many pp going thru cars, the delay would be worse.... add some where they are sweaty fingers, scanners dirty, system hangs, etc... the delay would be worse...

I'm thinking why scanned us, Singaporean.... maybe should not scan us but other foreigners... our govt already so strict liao...

Just went in to JB via Tuas on Friday evening. JB customs did not request thumb print.

It seems Msia customs suka suka happy scan not happy no scan.

Po hang suay ...

Frankly this will hurt JB business badly. Who wants to go JB shop ?

Why suddenly there is a new need to scan finger print?

Pattern more than badminton?

No brain pattern for sure...

Don't say they no brain lar...... if they see this they will be angry, next lagi worst, they implement scan leg oso. If not happy, scold them again, next time go in Boleh land have to do DNA.....LOL

No brain pattern for sure...

While i understand the need for security system....BUT during JUNE FREAKING HOLIDAYS?????? They have no bloody idea whats it like to be in a car with 1 screaming kid and another potential cryer.

Neutral Newbie

While i understand the need for security system....BUT during JUNE FREAKING HOLIDAYS?????? They have no bloody idea whats it like to be in a car with 1 screaming kid and another potential cryer.

They never force you, did they??? [:)]

Well let's just say they aren't exactly famous for long-term planning. Just famous for spirited short term ideas that weren't exactly thought through.

(edited)

They don't owe you money, rite?? [:)]

Many of us (including me) had made firm plans, booked hotels etc. before the announcement was "sprung" on all of us. So cancelling plans without loss of $$ and opportunity cost is not an option for many. If we had known about all this hassle beforehand, a good number of us (including me) wouldn't have made those plans or those reservations. The situation could have been neatly avoided if the idiot Malaysian gahmen had given a decent forewarning of this harebrained scheme, for example 3 months ahead of time. In that sense they DO owe us at least some "money".

There is no sense in defending the actions of a bunch as idiotic and inefficient as the Malaysian gahmen, so please don't even bother trying.

Edited by Turboflat4

Turbocharged
(edited)

Well let's just say they aren't exactly famous for long-term planning. Just famous for spirited short term ideas that weren't exactly thought through.

dude they plan well ahead of time, planning for their own pocket... the crony who implemented the finger scanner gets the garmen $, then some of the $ goes back to the garmen official in charge of awarding the scanner lor... thats alwasy how they have operated... no tendering system there, just straightforward corruption... so the more $ u have there, the more successful u become...

as to how the scanner affects traffic, that was never part of their feasibility study as their study is only how much each of the cronies & middlemen get... eveything else dont need to study

Edited by Duckduck

Got security like no Security also lar. Scan what scan ? Next time better implements blood test....urine test....DNA test....eyesight test....... do it in one full set better! Knn, SIAO!

dude they plan well ahead of time, planning for their own pocket... the crony who implemented the finger scanner gets the garmen $, then some of the $ goes back to the garmen official in charge of awarding the scanner lor... thats alwasy how they have operated... no tendering system there, just straightforward corruption... so the more $ u have there, the more successful u become...

as to how the scanner affects traffic, that was never part of their feasibility study as their study is only how much each of the cronies & middlemen get... eveything else dont need to study

Hi bro,

So how does this affect our upcoming Leisure Drive-Up? Guess we have to start out REALLY early?! [:(]

Yeah mate. Am meeting the woodlands group at 5:45am, moving out immediately to the causeway to get there before 6am. Even then, I'm not entirely confident... :ph34r:

Many of us (including me) had made firm plans, booked hotels etc. before the announcement was "sprung" on all of us. So cancelling plans without loss of $$ and opportunity cost is not an option for many. If we had known about all this hassle beforehand, a good number of us (including me) wouldn't have made those plans or those reservations. The situation could have been neatly avoided if the idiot Malaysian gahmen had given a decent forewarning of this harebrained scheme, for example 3 months ahead of time. In that sense they DO owe us at least some "money".

There is no sense in defending the actions of a bunch as idiotic and inefficient as the Malaysian gahmen, so please don't even bother trying.

Ditto to that. My family were in the queue last sat(4/6) at the second link. We were stuck before the Malaysian customs from 730am, clearing customs at 930am which was not too bad comparing to the same queue again yesterday, this time from 745am til about 1145am. Fish, that was the only time my car was faster than evo, letting it smell my smoke literally.

We did scan our fingers the first time but not the second time. My kids 1 and 6 are exempted. Screaming kids in a stuck car for that long can really test your patience at parenthood, especially when they need to s--t and pee. Thank goodness for diapers.

Somehow when I looked at the traffic cam in onemotoring a min ago, traffic;s as smooth as silk.

Oh no I figured after a week maybe things would iron out and be smoother.. Have to go in this coming Thursday to pick up some stuff from JB and can only go in ard 4-5pm.. Can someone advise on the situation for a weekday afternoon? Also will be taking a coach up on Friday for a short holiday but I guess that should be less of a worry since coaching in at 7am right?

Weekdays not so bad. Went in last Thursday morning around 10am, smooth sailing. But on the way back around 4pm, Sg -> JB side was packed already [:(]

Dunno about Friday morning, seems fine lah.

↡ Advertisement