Final Stretch Of Senai-Desaru Expressway Opens Friday

Karoon

Turbocharged

finally!

June 07, 2011 22:55 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, June 7 (Bernama) -- The third package of the Senai-Desaru Expressway (SDE) between the Cahaya Baru (Pasir Gudang) and Penawar (Desaru) interchanges will be opened to users starting Friday.

Malaysian Highway Authority director-general Datuk Ismail Md Salleh said with the opening of the final stretch of the expressway, no toll charges would be imposed for one month.

Toll collection will be effective on July 10, he said in a statement Tuesday.

Ismail said travelling along the 27km stretch of the highway would take only 45 minutes compared to almost two hours by using an alternative road.

-- BERNAMA

↡ Advertisement

Finally! Finals stretch complete means no need to detour around Sungai Johor then ? 30 mins from JB to Desaru ?

Supersonic

Whoppi.........i have a convoy going to Desaru on 18th June. [bounce2][bounce1]

by the time u cross the causeway, it'll be the 25th.... [:p]

(edited)

Trace this E22 map to goggle map, cant seems to tally on the road directions.

Coming from Woodlnads checkpoint, i assume one should naturally aim for ulu tiram toll to get onto this E22 ????

i cant seems to find the entry to this ulu tiram toll. I only know its somewhere along jalan kota tinngi. This turn off is before or after Terbrau City Jusco ?

Alternatively is going by pasir gudang side easier and faster ?

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Turbocharged

Trace this E22 map to goggle map, cant seems to tally on the road directions.

Coming from Woodlnads checkpoint, i assume one should naturally aim for ulu tiram toll to get onto this E22 ????

i cant seems to find the entry to this ulu tiram toll. I only know its somewhere along jalan kota tinngi. This turn off is before or after Terbrau City Jusco ?

That is why you are the first one.

Supersonic

With opening to this highway, next time no need to drive tru kota tinggi to go to desaru liao? :D Also now can easily and faster to get to the famous lobster restaurant somewhere near desaru.

(edited)

I remember when I was heading to Desaru using the conventional route, after passing Jusco Tebrau about 1-2km or so, on the leftmost side shows the exit towards NSHW as well as the brown signage that points to Desaru. I assume that's the direction to hop on to E22? Have yet to try it out leh. [:/]

Edited by Berncsp76

(edited)

Thats my guess as well.

i believe its a few km after passing Jusco on this jalan kota tinggi road.

Hope dont get too lost finding this 2204 exit point. [laugh]

I remember when I was heading to Desaru using the conventional route, after passing Jusco Tebrau about 1-2km or so, on the leftmost side shows the exit towards NSHW as well as the brown signage that points to Desaru. I assume that's the direction to hop on to E22? Have yet to try it out leh. [:/]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Turbocharged

map-senai-pasirgudang.gif

this is the old map hor. dotted part now completed.

45 mins from jb. that would make it 5hrs 45 mins sg to desaru.

(edited)

finally!

Yes finally.

You might even spot the new new sungei.johor bridge that crosses the river of the same name when you fly north of Changi airport.

It is this river that requires big detour to Kota-tinggi on-route to Desaru.

Make sure u update your gps.

113707363.jpg

Edited by Wishcumstrue

[thumbsup] Thanks Karoon bro for the detailed map.

Seems Pasir Gudang is the nearest to get on the E22 route, which currently I am using mostly to siam the jam on Tebrau highway and to learn new route.

Toll-free for the route for 1 month. Think should try out sometime these few days.

But with shorter route I tink Lotus and Pulai would up their room rates again since more tour buses and Sgreans gg there. [shakehead]

Seems Pasir Gudang is the nearest to get on the E22 route, which currently I am using mostly to siam the jam on Tebrau highway and to learn new route.

Toll-free for the route for 1 month. Think should try out sometime these few days.

But with shorter route I tink Lotus and Pulai would up their room rates again since more tour buses and Sgreans gg there. [shakehead]

I think prices up-ed liao...

The last time I booked lotus, only almost RM200 for weekday. IIRC, weekend is +RM50. So should be RM250. But I book for this Sat, RM340, Tax RM54.40. As for Pulai, sold out for this weekend.

Turbocharged

you cannot win everything.

Sometimes, new and easy access are not exactly a good thing. E.g Cameron is more resistant to tourist than Genting. That's why the place is still rather charming but it is deterioting slowly as more ppl go becoz of the Simpang Pulai pass.

↡ Advertisement