Lancer 2.0 GT vs Impreza 2.0RS

DarrenR10

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I have narrow down my choice to these 2 cars model Lancer 2.0 GT and Impreza 2.0RS with Manual transmission, looking at USED not brand new, which will be ur pick and why ??

Thank you !

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

I have narrow down my choice to these 2 cars model Lancer 2.0 GT and Impreza 2.0RS with Manual transmission, looking at USED not brand new, which will be ur pick and why ??

Thank you !

these 2 manual 2l family saloons are neither here (performance) nor there (comfort), u shld relook into ur options again....

for me, a 1.8l civic beats both... but if these are ur choice, go for the GT if u dun mind proton poser, as it score higher points in the aesthetic department, at least to me....

Hi all,

Thank you !

Well...Cool! IMO, both cars have their own niches...Depends on wad u r looking for...

For Looks:

Personally i prefer Lancer 2.0GT over Impreza 2.0RS( be it 4 door or 5 door)

For performance:

Personally, Impreza 2.0RS would edge out...It's AWD, The rear is double wishbone set up instead of the Multi link as found in Lancer 2.0GT...

Both models does have decent aftermarket parts(exhaust,etc)....

However if i were you, i would choose Lancer 2.0GT...Personally i like the looks of the new generations of Lancer (fierce n sporty) than the previous generations...While both the design of the 4door n 5 door is abit let down...Why dont you also add in the comparision of Honda Civic 2.0 Manaual as well?

[:)]

Neutral Newbie

I'd take a Civic 2.0L (M) over them 2.

But if i had to choose between them, it'll be the Impreza 2.0R.

Neutral Newbie

I did consider the Civic, but price is way too far off from Impreza and Lancer, with similiar price range, probably can get a 1.8 /1.6 civic which somemore older. After comparison, Lancer and Impreza prices are quite near and equipement standards are quite similar. Had also considered both the 1.5L units, but if the price diff between the 1.5L and 2.0L are also quite close, so i do not mind topping up for the 2.0L units for the extra horses.

i was driving the lancer 2.0 ex sucks to the core, laggy, jerky non responsive cvt and still yet lousy fc, not really comfort, bloody bodyroll cmi, buy anything else

Impreza 2.0R for its boxer engine, AWD and beautiful double wishbone suspension. It is really a very composed ride and rather spacious too.

i was driving the lancer 2.0 ex sucks to the core, laggy, jerky non responsive cvt and still yet lousy fc, not really comfort, bloody bodyroll cmi, buy anything else

TS is talking abt manual version of both models...

Well, there's aftermarket parts avilable to solve some of its problems...

Btw, both are just normal variants leh...Not those EVOs, STIs la...

[;)][laugh]

I did consider the Civic, but price is way too far off from Impreza and Lancer, with similiar price range, probably can get a 1.8 /1.6 civic which somemore older. After comparison, Lancer and Impreza prices are quite near and equipement standards are quite similar. Had also considered both the 1.5L units, but if the price diff between the 1.5L and 2.0L are also quite close, so i do not mind topping up for the 2.0L units for the extra horses.

Well, you should go for some test drive of both cars before buying....

By then i guess u would know which to go for

:D[;)]

who says the lancer is slow?

in auto it does 0 - 100km/h in 10.5s, should be able to break 10s in manual

it shares a similar engine with the koreans kia and hyundai, that engine is a superb performer in terms of power and fuel economy; coupled with a cvt transmission you should be able to get 12.5km/l easily yet have the power to beat out other 2L cars without much difficulty

i'd choose the lancer for that, however the lancer has a horrible interior even if compared against much cheaper cars like avante and picanto

the impreza has a superb interior, comparable against the civics and the accords

it shares a similar engine with the koreans kia and hyundai, that engine is a superb performer in terms of power and fuel economy; coupled with a cvt transmission you should be able to get 12.5km/l easily yet have the power to beat out other 2L cars without much difficulty

i'd choose the lancer for that, however the lancer has a horrible interior even if compared against much cheaper cars like avante and picanto

the impreza has a superb interior, comparable against the civics and the accords

2 litre Lancer EX with CVT may easily give 12.5km/l, but manual version you should be happy to get 11km/l. Mine averages 10km/l, 11km/l only when doing a lot of highway. And the reason? The final gear ratio. For CVT the engine is doing around 2.2k rpm at 100km/h, manual is around 2.75k rpm at the same speed.

And I agree the interior is nothing much to shout about. Mine rattles here and there after 3.5 years.

Lancer equip with HID, keyless start switch and go for all disc brake.

Impreza is very basic n no water temp gauge, parts n maintenance r very ex.

Lancer FC slightly better n insurance cheaper.

Well, if you compare it with a civic 1.8, It is a different story all together.

Impreza for the drive & handling. If u want interior space & boot space it will be the Lancer. Depends on your priorities.

(edited)

Well, if you compare it with a civic 1.8, It is a different story all together.

personally i don't like the civic

the steering wheel is too small which affects handling, could be a personal thing though cause i've always driven cars with large steering wheels

suspension is too hard

also the civic doesn't have a large enough fuel tank, you won't be able to do 600km without refilling, my current car gives me 650km per full tank

my previous is 680 - 700 easily, so i think 550km is very little

since the civics cost as much as a jdm accord, might as well get an accord instead

Edited by Expertz

Lancer is slow...Unless its a evolution lancer..

personally i don't like the civic

the steering wheel is too small which affects handling, could be a personal thing though cause i've always driven cars with large steering wheels

suspension is too hard

also the civic doesn't have a large enough fuel tank, you won't be able to do 600km without refilling, my current car gives me 650km per full tank

my previous is 680 - 700 easily, so i think 550km is very little

since the civics cost as much as a jdm accord, might as well get an accord instead

Defintely a personal thingy. Not to mention the track ready FD2R steering is of the same size.

Civic is able to hit up to 350-550km per tank. On our tiny island, it doesnt really matter and majority of cars visit the petrol kiosk when around 450-550km.

Space is defintely a factor when deciding between the civic and jdm accord.

The difference in price is almost 20k.

you need to test drive to know better.

i had tried the Impreza 2.0RS and i feel like a 1.6L car in terms of acceleration.

as for the Lancer 2.0L GT, the exterior looks good but like what some had mentioned, a mirror image of Proton.

for me, i will go for Lancer and forget about Impreza and Civic. ;-)

↡ Advertisement