IMPORTANT - ICA Passport Technical Glitch

Berncsp76

Hey folks, important announcement...I think those affected will have to go back to ICA to redo everything over again. [shakehead]

Check your passport to avoid delays for your holidays ok? [rolleyes]

ICA has discovered a technical glitch affecting a batch of passports that was printed and issued to Singaporeans between 23 May and 3 June 2011

If your passport number is found in this list, please bring your passport and IC to ICA Building, Level 3, Counters 25 to 27 for verification. Affected passport holders can also contact us at our 24-hour hotline: (+65)6391 6611 for clarification.

http://www.ica.gov.sg/

↡ Advertisement

I did mine on 25th May but lucky thing my PP is not on the list. Anyway I have successfully travelled n cleared customs with my new PP.... Phew....

so nice of you! thank you! [thumbsup]

My pleasure... :D

Coz now school holidays think many of them will renew or do new passports to go overseas...saw the list so long.... :ph34r:

But lidat sibeh lecheh leh...fault lies with ICA. They should do some refund or what. <_<

I did mine on 25th May but lucky thing my PP is not on the list. Anyway I have successfully travelled n cleared customs with my new PP.... Phew....

Lucky You!

Faster go buy your PP number for 4d for more heng heng!

HUAT AH!! [laugh]

My pleasure... :D

Coz now school holidays think many of them will renew or do new passports to go overseas...saw the list so long.... :ph34r:

But lidat sibeh lecheh leh...fault lies with ICA. They should do some refund or what. <_<

refund?

they offer u packet drinks and expedite the queue, u should be happy liao lor... [laugh]

refund?

they offer u packet drinks and expedite the queue, u should be happy liao lor... [laugh]

2nd technical glitch from the authorities..the first is from PUB.

Cross fingers we dun have 3rd one to come out, since 无三不成理... <_<

Neutral Newbie

Thanks.. fortunately mine wasn't the affected ones and anyway I have just travelled with the new passport w/o problems... my wife's 2 yrs old passport gave her problems though... and she was told to use her left thumb print instead of right... maybe the right thumb print record is corrupted...

Thanks.. fortunately mine wasn't the affected ones and anyway I have just travelled with the new passport w/o problems... my wife's 2 yrs old passport gave her problems though... and she was told to use her left thumb print instead of right... maybe the right thumb print record is corrupted...

no problemz...was your wife's passport in the list? I forsee long queue although they dedicated a special lane for it.

Faster go rectify it mate. [cool]

Hypersonic
(edited)

2nd technical glitch from the authorities..the first is from PUB.

Cross fingers we dun have 3rd one to come out, since 无三不成理... <_<

what do you think will be the third case huh??? [:p] [:p]

Edited by Tianmo

I not too sure if this is consider a technical glitch. But I apply for a passport and receive a Pink card for collection.

So far so good.

Few days later I tried to schedule a collection via e appt.

could not get to make an appt.

I forgotten all about it and tried to make another appt a few days later.

Call the hotline that goes forever.

Found a human voice who mention need to contact the relavent party. at the call center 6391 6100 who then ask me to call another number 63916164

Called up 6391 6164.

When the phone begins to ring, after 2 or three 3rings it will be rejected.

Later to my horror, found an email to say my application is rejected due to the over shadow.

Would this not have being caught the first time when it was approved for collection ?

Edited by Sdf4786k