Living in ground floor unit of Condo?

Kiario

(edited)

anybody with experiences living in ground floor unit of condo or EC?

seem some bad press report about littering from the neighbours upstairs, how bout problems of insects, rats, ants etc, is it much worse than living on top floor?

also privacy, is it true that anybody can just peep into your home and you are not allowed to do any unauthorise renovations such as blinds, etc on your patio?

thanks for all feedback in advance.

You know why , littering in pte condo wont get fine and kena CWO mah ! Can even throw used condoms and Kotex down [:p]

Edited by Jasonjst
↡ Advertisement

Depends on condo....for littering issue, seems like it's much worse for those ulu mass market condo, as the residents or tenants there are not as civic minded...so far most of the condos i've been too are quite alright..

In my previous D.10 condo, neighbor on the ground floor with private enclosed space (PES) - which is right below all the balconies of the upper floor units, complained like crazy about litter falling onto their PES ... to no avail.

You think the FTs care? They just throw!

Hypersonic
(edited)

anybody with experiences living in ground floor unit of condo or EC?

seem some bad press report about littering from the neighbours upstairs, how bout problems of insects, rats, ants etc, is it much worse than living on top floor?

also privacy, is it true that anybody can just peep into your home and you are not allowed to do any unauthorise renovations such as blinds, etc on your patio?

thanks for all feedback in advance.

yes!!!

pest control every 2 months................ppl move ard can just see inside...............face pool very noisy...........build any other things need to see the land to building ratio...............worst are the things that jump down from the top................you name it you get it................sometime every month can get the red pad also......

I stay mid floor...........high floor got 1 siao one always throw underwear.................my friend on ground floor also qi siao...........

hope this helps..............

Edited by Tianmo

yes!!!

pest control every 2 months................ppl move ard can just see inside...............face pool very noisy...........build any other things need to see the land to building ratio...............worst are the things that jump down from the top................you name it you get it................sometime every month can get the red pad also......

I stay mid floor...........high floor got 1 siao one always throw underwear.................my friend on ground floor also qi siao...........

hope this helps..............

underwear? throw or their laundry let win blow off the hooks? [laugh]

Hypersonic

underwear? throw or their laundry let win blow off the hooks? [laugh]

throw!!! paper wan..............somemore got brown color things inside the paper underwear...............laundry is over at the kitchen................this 1 throw from the side window................ [laugh] [laugh]

throw!!! paper wan..............somemore got brown color things inside the paper underwear...............laundry is over at the kitchen................this 1 throw from the side window................ [laugh] [laugh]

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [bigcry]

y would anyone wear disposable underwear on a daily basis? lazy to wash?

or.. u say brown color..

time of the month.. and she has the habit of staining so wear paper one.. wear n throw..

I used to own one of these ground floor units with a huge patio. My tenant complained that the people upstairs throw all kinds of rubbish like tissue paper, cigarette butts, etc into the patio. Falling leaves are also a problem as the area has a lot of trees. You may think that these are really lousy people living upstairs but the people in the building are mostly white collar ang mor single/couple expats and this condo is located in District 10. So really, it all depends on your neighbours. Wait till you see these so-called "civic-minded and educated" ang mor expat neighbours get drunk, hahaha good luck to you.

Before I bought it, I had a verbal approval from the MCST that I would be allowed to construct a retractable roof (design to be approved by them) over the patio to prevent such things from falling in. I did not install the roof however, as the unit was just for investment and I couldn't be bothered to spend that kind of money for my tenant, haha.

Good thing was, the patio was right next to the swimming pool, really really close up, separated only by a thick tempered glass fence. Shiok man. Sexy living.

Hmm ... Belmont Green? Nice development. [thumbsup]

And to add on, ... I wouldn't settle for anything 'verbal' these days.

Some time ago HDB allowed corner units to buy the corrider and gate it up.

If HDB now allows 1st storey units to buy the back area and fence off with 1m fence , you want or not?

As I asked before in what way good.

Dont be stubborn [mad]

Some time ago HDB allowed corner units to buy the corrider and gate it up.

If HDB now allows 1st storey units to buy the back area and fence off with 1m fence , you want or not?

As I asked before in what way good.

Dont be stubborn [mad]

huh??? y u scold me????

i never said it was good! [bigcry]

Hypersonic

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [bigcry]

y would anyone wear disposable underwear on a daily basis? lazy to wash?

or.. u say brown color..

time of the month.. and she has the habit of staining so wear paper one.. wear n throw..

i don't know leh..............never ask her........ [laugh]

daily or not i don't know............but very often................complaint management also no use...............

another friend stay the other block ground floor kena red color japan pad a few times...............suspect is the maid upstair............. :wacko:

daily or not i don't know............but very often................complaint management also no use...............

another friend stay the other block ground floor kena red color japan pad a few times...............suspect is the maid upstair............. :wacko:

alamak, the sales agent been taking me for a ride.

i asked about littering issue, agent say if always happen, then management will setup camera to catch the culprit.

wah.. super suay..

4D oso never dio..

Before I bought it, I had a verbal approval from the MCST that I would be allowed to construct a retractable roof (design to be approved by them) over the patio to prevent such things from falling in. I did not install the roof however, as the unit was just for investment and I couldn't be bothered to spend that kind of money for my tenant, haha.

Retractable awning is of no use. Look at the coffe shops with the awning , ciggarette burn marks and holes everywhere. [furious]

Hypersonic

alamak, the sales agent been taking me for a ride.

i asked about littering issue, agent say if always happen, then management will setup camera to catch the culprit.

bian lang yeh lah..................

management cannot do anything one.....................can only put letter in mailbox and paste at noticeboard.....................nothing else............so far this is what happens here..............

set up camera who pay???................committee no agree who can set up???...........

Hypersonic

wah.. super suay..

4D oso never dio..

that one i don't know lah...................but the unit no ard my estate open very often...............#01 and #02 very seldom see. open............ [laugh] [laugh]

(edited)

Retractable awning is of no use. Look at the coffe shops with the awning , ciggarette burn marks and holes everywhere. [furious]

eh siao eh?!

u quote from someone else and change it to my nickname?

wat is ur prob?

earlier 2 post, ive already nicely put it across that u replied to the WRONG PERSON.

post-74833-1307605819_thumb.jpg

post-74833-1307605839_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rainbowbiatch