Double (triple) vision on light source at windscreen

Atrecord

Hi bros/sis,

I just bought a 2nd hand hyundai verna. the previous owner had installed cool n lite solar films when car was new.

Day time driving is fine, but when i drive at night, i realised that for all the headlights and traffic lights that are 'shining' at me, there is a smaller duplication of the light both on top and below the original light source. This effectively means there is 'triple vision' when it comes to any light source.

This is however not so for the windows. For the rear windscreen, i couldn't confirm yet, as the 'heat lines' there means the lights would be slightly distorted anyway.

I cannot be sure whether this triple vision thingy is definitely caused by the solar film, or could it be caused by the previous owner applying rain repellent (like Rain-Ex) on the windscreen. (the windscreen does seem to have Rain-Ex applied before, although it looks like at least some weeks/months old).

Anyone here has any similar experience before, or know what could have caused this?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Go to "Cool N Lite" for advice. (Located @ Toh Guan Centre if not shifted -- enter via Toh Guan Rd East - -- PIE towads Tuas exit @ Toh Guan Rd and left-turn at "T" junction and just go straight and see "Hitachi Elevator" bldg on right but just go forward and meet a left bend with an coffee shop & Dormintory on the right and another 50 m with an orange painted bldg on your left with EPS barriers entry at 2nd gate and left-turn and right-turn cum up slop and about 5 shops on your right.

Edited by Jefkking

(edited)

If not mistaken, "Cool n Lite" do provide between 5 to 7 years manufacturer's wararnty. Check it out with them or else the costs of replacement estimated between S$ 100 to S$ 200/- depend on their charges as not easy task to remove it (Easier to install than removal as sticked on) !

Edited by Jefkking

Seems like these guarantee are not true?

After few years already koyak.

Really can claim or not? Totally free new film? Or must top up?

I went down to cool n lite late afternoon. Installer took a look as i explained the problem. I doubt he understood it as it was not obvious in the day (v obvious at night), but he saw some parts of the film near the bottom started to show 'foldings' or start getting crumpled, asked me when was it installed (to which i replied 2006), and he immediately said will replace...

i just hope it will solve the problem when the film is replaced.

Just an update: i went down to cool n lite at paya ubi to have the front windscreen film replaced last fri. it took abt 1.5 hr, as promised.

i was asked about the car no. for them to search the record for the type of film used to prepare beforehand. i should have (but didn't) asked since i've no idea what film did the previous owner install.

the double/triple vision problem is gone with the new film, so it's confirmed that it was down to the film. Quite strange experience too to see that some parts of the films have begun to be wavy and slightly 'crumpled' but when i ran my hand/fingers over the spots, they were still flat, so the 'uneveness' cannot actually be felt physically...

Anyway, good that cool n lite replaced the films without any question asked - especially since it was not installed directly by me.

↡ Advertisement