What exhaust u use to go for inspection for persona?

Kzy

Neutral Newbie

hi guys, share ur experience with us what exhaust you guys mod to and did it pass the inspection? i thinking of changing but still nt sure of which to change to...hopes this threat can help me with abit...

thanks guys,.

↡ Advertisement

hi guys, share ur experience with us what exhaust you guys mod to and did it pass the inspection? i thinking of changing but still nt sure of which to change to...hopes this threat can help me with abit...

thanks guys,.

Aftermarket xos without LTA cert will NEVER pass any inspection.

Neutral Newbie

I'm having HKS hi power silent muffler with LTA approved cert and it passed the inspection. But had to pay $70+ for a 1 time inspection.

thanks guys,.

What car you driving.?

Neutral Newbie

wrong

I had a box on a previous lotus that was 105db full throttle (I kid you not)

on idle is 95db. It passed inspection on idle. if id touched the throttle i would have failed.....

if it looks stock(ish) a bit of luck and you 'coast' in and out inspection not touching the throttle it is possible to get away with it.

wrong

on idle is 95db. It passed inspection on idle. if id touched the throttle i would have failed.....

if it looks stock(ish) a bit of luck and you 'coast' in and out inspection not touching the throttle it is possible to get away with it.

ya right [rolleyes]

wrong

Errm, the authorities in SG don't care about noise levels. You can have the quietest exhaust with the least emissions, and it will still fail unless it has a cert.

Errm, the authorities in SG don't care about noise levels. You can have the quietest exhaust with the least emissions, and it will still fail unless it has a cert.

Not to mention that the inspection staff, not you, drive through the inspection process.

Neutral Newbie

ah hello emissions has nothing to do with the exhaust

and

there is a sound level test as part of the car inspection.

if over 95db (iirc) wont pass inspection

i have never once been asked to show an exhaust cert because (AS I SAID) so long as it LOOKS stock they assume it is and dont ask to see a cert.

Edited by Badder

Neutral Newbie

ya right [rolleyes]

calling me a liar is it?

lol

do I have to prove it and show everyone what kind of cb you are?

post-85155-1319417754_thumb.jpg

Official website - Trial

V1 Muffler

Material Stainless Steel & Titanium

Weight

dB 105dB @ 5700rpm

Price $1450

Suppliers Trial

Web Click Here

Notes Tail: Titanium 70mm *2

Main: Stainless Steel 63mm

Von hep

post-85155-1319417845_thumb.jpg

the box

post-85155-1319418099_thumb.jpg

at sepang

Edited by Badder

Neutral Newbie

Not to mention that the inspection staff, not you, drive through the inspection process.

nope. The last time i did it (3yrs ago) I drove car through. Everytime before that, I drove the car through.

Have they changed that in last 3 yrs?

Maybe they always let me drive it through because my cars were always 'exotic' and actually quite hard to get in and out of lol

Edited by Badder

wrong

The thing is...you are never the one that drives the car during inspection. If your exhaust tab a bit only will roar...how pass ?

My straight thru exhaust is also quiet when idle...but go inspection fail...the only escape for me is it was a COE car. I told the inspector that its a replacement cos can't find the original.

FYI...this exhaust is so loud...whenever I am in a underground carpark...I just drive pass any car with shock sensors...it will trigger the alarm.There was once I blast thru the underground carpark at KLCC...tigger every damn car's alarm on both sides.... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

The thing is...you are never the one that drives the car during inspection. If your exhaust tab a bit only will roar...how pass ?

My straight thru exhaust is also quiet when idle...but go inspection fail...the only escape for me is it was a COE car. I told the inspector that its a replacement cos can't find the original.

FYI...this exhaust is so loud...whenever I am in a underground carpark...I just drive pass any car with shock sensors...it will trigger the alarm.There was once I blast thru the underground carpark at KLCC...tigger every damn car's alarm on both sides.... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

i only write about what i have done.

whenever i took my lotus to vicom they let me drive to the (1st? ) exhaust station, they didnt ask me to rev it (luckily) and it passed.

Maybe it was because they didnt want to get in my car, maybe they changed the way they do it i dont know - all i know for sure is they let me drive it and i didnt rev it (i was expecting it to fail so was quite surprised when it passed)

dont think i set off any alarms but 105db (which my exhaust was) certainly gives hearing loss. I had to wear earplugs driving to sepang or id be deaf when i got there.

My current exhaust is about the same but its less 'boomy'

funny thing last month i went to a newly opened circuit near tokyo they have sound level max allowed at the circuit of 95db.....like many now....as they checked it the guy asked me 'what is cars red line at?" i lied and said 6000 ( [;)] LOL, he said ok "please take it to 4500" i almost died of laughing when he passed my car as having 85db exhaust (measured at 4500 rpm......) 20 mins later im screaming past him on the straight at 8500rpm :D 2nd cam fully open 105db screaming out.

As i left he did mutter something about my car got louder :D

Edited by Badder

correct. but also depends on what car u r driving. my car passed w/o cert too................

wrong

do they check the emmision too? i guess sound is only one of the tinks they check for exhaust.....

Emmision is BS lor...for a CAT convertor to be functioning...it has to be at a correct temp...can't remember the exact temp...but somebody told me once it should be about 30 mins of normal driving...

So unless one drives from Jurong to Changi for inspection...most CAT would not be in operating temp.

So unless your car is super mis tune or spilling black smoke...dun think anyone will fail. with or without CAT.

↡ Advertisement