Headlights turn yellowish

Tleslie

Best is to use something like this.. 

You dont want to risk ruining something expensive like a headlight and I would prefer to use a reputable brand like 3M rather than some of the home remedies being suggested...

https://www.amazon.com/3M-39008-Headlight-Restoration-System/dp/B001AIZ5HY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1522630791&sr=8-3&keywords=car+headlight+restoration+kit

↡ Advertisement

Use Meguiars PlastX / Mothers Plastic Polish

Might have to use those ultra fine sand paper before the above if v.serious case

Not sure how long it will last before yellows again

It wont last long.

(edited)

Another way is to wax the headlights at the same time while waxing the car. Most wax/sealants have some protection against UV rays.

This I agree.. my previous car 7.5 years old and current car near 3 years old.. I wax the headlights and rear signal cluster about 3x a year and it maintained a new look all these years

If you use a plastic polish, normally they are polish & protect however if you use those toothpaste method, you need to apply something on. Best is check out the label on the wax products and see if it suitable to use on plastic etc.

Actually I use the collinite 476 on the headlights although the can states not suitable for clear plastic.. but it works and I have using it to apply these 10 years Edited by Chucky2007

(edited)

You really need some kind of sealant after polishing. Still haven't found the ideal product.

Recently came across this, don't know how much better than ordinary sealant which doesn't really last: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Quick-Headlight-Clear-Coat-Wipes/?N=5002385+3290574556&rt=rud

Specially made for new headlights not just restored ones.

39173-quick-headlight-clear-coat.jpg

Edited by Iiiusion
  • Praise 1

Use Meguires headlight restoration. I saw rave review. Turn yellowish headlight to crystal clear. Then use Meguires headlight protectant to maintain.

• Praise 1

What are the chances of getting a new pair of headlight cover for my Nissan Sunny? You think TCM has stock? 

Found and bought a pair of brand new headlight covers for my Nissan Sunny.

YAY!!  [:)]

• Praise 2

Use Meguires headlight restoration. I saw rave review. Turn yellowish headlight to crystal clear. Then use Meguires headlight protectant to maintain.

Tried it.. applied too much, entire headlight became smear... end of the day sent to professional ws to do it for $80. As good as new...

Meguires headlight restoration is not cheap... i think abt $50-60... my advice is let the pro do it.

Edited by AndyHo

Tried it.. applied too much, entire headlight became smear... end of the day sent to professional ws to do it for $80. As good as new...

Meguires headlight restoration is not cheap... i think abt $50-60... my advice is let the pro do it.

I'm using this, once a while clean it will be clear.

• Praise 2

A quick fix that I have seen on Youtube is using WD40. The demonstrator did not spray directly onto the headlights but instead on a piece of paper kitchen towel and go over the headlights. No scrubbing, no polishing, the effect is almost instant.

There's a but. The demonstration never did mention how long it will last and I did not see that he clean or rinse the headlights with water or anything after that. It's good only for a quick fix if you are too busy or something.

I'm using this, once a while clean it will be clear.

Tried but as not clear as the one did by ws. I think wet sanding and machine polish gives the best result..
  • Praise 1

Where you got it and how much?

Ehh . . . bro, Tat Ann Building 4 or 5th floor, it is a warehouse, I may change car afterall and you want I pass you but

it is made in Taiwan. Have to wait a couple of months I think if we finalize on getting a Toyota Altis.

S$136 for 1  . . . I cannot remember if I paid $272 for a pair?  [:p]

Tried but as not clear as the one did by ws. I think wet sanding and machine polish gives the best result..

not advisable even to use wet high grit sandpaper . . . when headlight is turned on you can see all the fine scratches, really.

more buah more buu . . . .

not advisable even to use wet high grit sandpaper . . . when headlight is turned on you can see all the fine scratches, really.

Ehh . . . bro, Tat Ann Building 4 or 5th floor, it is a warehouse, I may change car afterall and you want I pass you but

it is made in Taiwan. Have to wait a couple of months I think if we finalize on getting a Toyota Altis.

S$136 for 1 . . . I cannot remember if I paid $272 for a pair? [:p]

Very nice of you to offer, I don’t own a sunny. Just simply interested to find out more lobangs.

S$136 for 1 . . . I cannot remember if I paid $272 for a pair? [:p]

Any contact number? Company name? I also want to got covers for my car or not..
↡ Advertisement