Headlights turn yellowish

Tleslie

Orhh yahor? BB caltex got. They dressed up macaam like pitstop crew and will come talk to you when you pump petrol.

ok...gei gei go there buy things and maybe free demo :D

Hey bros,

Ever enounter those promoters at caltex selling this aerosol spray, FW1 cleaning wax? Tried the demo and got my yellowish oxidized headlights restored to almost brand new. Easy cheesy from the look of it compared to the 2 compound cleaner I am using, just spray on headlights and leave it on for 5-10 mins then wipe off. WOW! Crystal clear headlights . . . .

Hey Count-Bracula, how are your headlights looking now? Been about 3 weeks, is it still crystal clear? I've been using turtle wax headlight restorer but the yellowing keeps coming back.

• Praise 1

Hey Count-Bracula, how are your headlights looking now? Been about 3 weeks, is it still crystal clear? I've been using turtle wax headlight restorer but the yellowing keeps coming back.

Crystal clear

The cataracts are gone for good [laugh]

Hi All,

I use toothpaste to clean headlight.

Last a few months.

Whenever yellow. Just clean again.

60cents 1 tube, can clean a few times.

Cheers!

after you clean it, apply a coat of UV protection. it will last so much longer.

Meguier and turlewax have them. Saw in Giant and ESSO.

• Praise 1

there is a guy that does polishing of yellowish headlight to crystal clear condition. i just done mine after i got caught for tinted headlight by LTA. he warranty his job for 3-4 years.

btw, not every yellowish headlight can be restored. only those that affected from the external can be restored. some are affected from inside. need to drive down for him to access the damages first.

• Praise 1

My observation is that the yellow tinting on the headlight is due to the coating of polish wax.

You will notice also that the paint work turning yellowish for the same reason.

Therefore to remove the yellow tint is to remove the polish wax.

I use paint friendly liquid which will remove the wax but will not affect paintwork.

Eg Paint friendly alcohol.

Tried and tested: Isopropyll

Other alcohol : Acetone.

Please do not use thinner because it is not paint friendly.

• Praise 1

I hear toothpaste works? Is this true?

100% work...When my old car headlight turned yellow or foggy....I use toothpaste to polish it...like new...try it.

• Praise 2

100% work...When my old car headlight turned yellow or foggy....I use toothpaste to polish it...like new...try it.

just take a cloth and rub and rub and rub???

• Praise 1

Awesome thanks mate that should save some money :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1