Pedestrian fined for causing hurt to cyclist

Rainbowbiatch

Singapore

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story

Jun 13, 2011

Pedestrian fined for causing hurt to cyclist

By Elena Chong

A PEDESTRIAN stepped onto the road without looking to the right and collided with a cyclist who died five hours later.

On Monday, Xu Yuanyuan, 19, a Chinese national, was fined $1,500 after she admitted to causing hurt to cleaner Lock Wai Chee, 42, by doing a negligent act as to endanger his life.

The court heard that Xu, a student, was waiting at the pavement of the Jalan Bukit Merah by Henderson Road junction on Dec 21 last year when she took a step forward when the traffic signal was against her.

As a result, she collided into the cyclist who was cycling towards her from her right side along Henderson Road.

Mr Lock was thrown off the bicycle and suffered serious head injuries. He died at 10.19pm.

Xu could have been jailed for up to six months and/or fined up to $2,500.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_679377.html

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Read already I got the impression that FT got off easy once again.

Haiz.....gek sim to know.

why a pedestrian been knock by a cyclist but he has to be fine?? shouldn't it be the cyclist's fault?

Edited by Jman888

lol..

the lady pedestrian was crossing road when it wasn't her right of way, yet. and she never look out for traffic..

so cyclist langah her and died from head injuries.. when i think she suffer nothing besides losing $1.5k..

so technically speaking, her negligence cause a cyclist death..

my china colleague also when come to road, just cross never look left or right to see if got traffic. I have scolded the fella a few times, this is not china - gotta check for traffic before crossing.

Seems they never teach how to check left and right before crossing road in china.

lol..

the lady pedestrian was crossing road when it wasn't her right of way, yet. and she never look out for traffic..

so cyclist langah her and died from head injuries.. when i think she suffer nothing besides losing $1.5k..

so technically speaking, her negligence cause a cyclist death..

what happen if the other way and she died?

what happen if the other way and she died?

dounch kw leh..

maybe driver fine more only lo..

technically, she's at fault already coz it wasn't her right of way to cross yet..

my china colleague also when come to road, just cross never look left or right to see if got traffic. I have scolded the fella a few times, this is not china - gotta check for traffic before crossing.

Seems they never teach how to check left and right before crossing road in china.

the are like in little india..

walk on the road.. take their time to jaywalk across..

still thinking tat there are only cattle crossing and not motor vehicles..

habit hard to change [laugh] when in china, we also look right but traffic come from left [:(]

because in china..... when a driver knocks down a jaywalker, the driver have to compensate... if the fella is paralaysed, etc for life... the driver will have to feed the fella for life...

anyway indian FTs also more or less cross the same way too.... dunno if the same law applies in india

habit hard to change [laugh] when in china, we also look right but traffic come from left [:(]

when in china.. just keep crossing and dun stop..... safer this way.... the vehicle will k now how to avoid you as long as you keep walking

when in china.. just keep crossing and dun stop..... safer this way.... the vehicle will k now how to avoid you as long as you keep walking

tats y the saying..

when in rome, do as the romans do..

so the blind can cross the road without a scratch in china [laugh]

Turbocharged

dounch kw leh..

maybe driver fine more only lo..

technically, she's at fault already coz it wasn't her right of way to cross yet..

You wait. The whole family tree from China will come down and make sure media cover their extremely public demand for compensation, which will keep increasing by the day.