Thinking of buying BMW E39 5-series...

Ruykava

Too bad they are not worth buying now..... Cause the COE is way too high. Its going to cost near $100K for a 10yr old car.

Damn COE structure kills off classic beauties like this. Haven't met a rich guy who saw the value in retaining an E39. Maybe i might be one... one day. [laugh]

Damn COE structure kills off classic beauties like this. Haven't met a rich guy who saw the value in retaining an E39. Maybe i might be one... one day. [laugh]

I have met 1. His E39 mileage is very low. I think it is below 50k km.

My personal take is that if the COE price falls to a value we like, we should chance upon this opportunity to extend the road life of the car especially if the car's COE will expire in 3 years or less.

My personal take is that if the COE price falls to a value we like, we should chance upon this opportunity to extend the road life of the car especially if the car's COE will expire in 3 years or less.

Hopefully, COE will drop. Cause its really too high now and its killing the E39.

I always wanted to change the E39 to a 6 speed manual and drop in a M62B44....yum yum.....

Neutral Newbie

Hopefully, COE will drop. Cause its really too high now and its killing the E39.

I always wanted to change the E39 to a 6 speed manual and drop in a M62B44....yum yum.....

Strange, since starting this thread I've started seeing more E39s on the road.. almost all 520 though.. perhaps there is hope yet!

Strange, since starting this thread I've started seeing more E39s on the road.. almost all 520 though.. perhaps there is hope yet!

Most likely the last few batch from 2003 with Executive badge on fender. Every now & then, i will c 1 or 2 unit at Juzz for Cars.

No will have as people start to sell it off as their COE is ending soon. Then there will be buyers looking for either a cheap 5 series. Even if they scrap their car later, they will get back $$$ as it has not past 10yrs.

I seriously doubt they get it because of the love of it.

My only hope is to either move to the states or canada where they're still running around. And no less than a 528i for me there.

540 or ///M5 lah! Plenty

540 or ///M5 lah! Plenty

You are right! my brother in Canada mentioned if i sold off my class 2 sportbike in Sg i'd be able to get a YM2000 M5 hehehehe. Tempting... now gotta ask boss for relocation to the states.

Road tax, what? COE, what?