SAF Pledge: Allegiance To President & ROS

Vulcann

The SAF Pledge

We, members of the Singapore Armed Forces, do solemnly and sincerely pledge that we will always bear true faith and allegiance to the President and the Republic of Singapore.

We will always support and defend the Constitution.

We will preserve and protect the honour and independence of our country with our lives.

So says the SAF pledge which many of us have been saying throughout our NSF & reservist days.

My question is why are we pledging our allegiance to the President? Is it because he is the head of state? What about the PM or the Defence Minister who is the head of MINDEF & of course SAF.

And the allegiance to the Republic of Singapore is to her people or the government of the day?

Other than comments from fellow MCFers bros & sis, any constitutional experts to comment?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Frankly speaking.... my 2-1/2 year in SAF. never mention this pledge before [laugh]

as for president personal opinion is because president is head of state similar to king.

The SAF Pledge

We, members of the Singapore Armed Forces, do solemnly and sincerely pledge that we will always bear true faith and allegiance to the President and the Republic of Singapore.

We will always support and defend the Constitution.

We will preserve and protect the honour and independence of our country with our lives.

So says the SAF pledge which many of us have been saying throughout our NSF & reservist days.

My question is why are we pledging our allegiance to the President? Is it because he is the head of state? What about the PM or the Defence Minister who is the head of MINDEF & of course SAF.

And the allegiance to the Republic of Singapore is to her people or the government of the day?

Other than comments from fellow MCFers bros & sis, any constitutional experts to comment?

Turbocharged

Frankly speaking.... my 2-1/2 year in SAF. never mention this pledge before [laugh]

as for president personal opinion is because president is head of state similar to king.

deh, first day go CMPB, give IC then got pledge already. Even before anything. <_<

deh, first day go CMPB, give IC then got pledge already. Even before anything. <_<

Wow u from that era huh? Now go straight to Units or BMTC liao. [:p]

Turbocharged

Yeah. Later on will just log in from home. [laugh]

E-Incamp.

Click on 'IPPT' - 2.4km to do a virtual run

Try our latest apps "Relax One Corner" with your buddies, invite them to join you.

3SG Tan is on Zenga ChuaDaiDi

Your platoon is flanking hill 143, click here to join them 'live'

Turbocharged

Mine at BMTC Tekong. cannot remember saying the same pledge leh... the one i took was longer. :ph34r:

E-Incamp.

Try our latest apps "Relax One Corner" with your buddies, invite them to join you.

With ur above statment, U sld be our next SINGAPORE president.

Got la, they made us raised our hands to say that pledge during the first day of enlistment and every time during SAF day on July 1.

Maybe you attend C during those days? [laugh]

Mine was Crawford CC then to ITD in Tekong.

23 years ago?

With ur above statment, U sld be our next SINGAPORE president.

White bear for president?

Is he native? [laugh]

Turbocharged

Got la, they made us raised our hands to say that pledge during the first day of enlistment and every time during SAF day on July 1.

Maybe you attend C during those days? [laugh]

i on july 1 normally is sia kan warrior [laugh] so at back stage :ph34r:

Turbocharged

White bear for president?

Is he native? [laugh]

Black mao or white mao, can catch rat mao is good mao - who else but Mao <_<

(edited)

i only look forward how to siam the next ict ippt & saf craps, & ndp is meaningless too, after all its a dog eat dog world, no amount of serving this nation will make YOU stands out, its only a transition hub for elitist

& for fark sake stop sending saf pioneer magazine to my mailbox

Edited by Mecontle

i, a member of SAF, pledge that i will constantly report sick, to achieve Attend C, or at least Attend B light duty.

i will always support and defend my corporal or sergeant who gives us extended long canteen breaks.

We will preserve and protect the freedom that the corporal or sergeant gives us with our lives.

That was what i could remember during my NS time in 1983

Black mao or white mao, can catch rat mao is good mao - who else but Mao <_<

Err..in our context this Mao must be highly capable of not only in terms of catching rats but also must have had experience of catching millions of rats before relatively speaking....

:D

(edited)

E-Incamp.

Now I know what to suggest during my ICT!!!!

I bet this one the evaluator will be itching to reach for the $250 approved and to implement chop. :D

Edited by Moredhel
↡ Advertisement