SAF Pledge: Allegiance To President & ROS

Vulcann

Hypersonic

I'm no supporter of our president...

... but soldiers must pledge allegiance to the president and the country. Controversial or not, it is not their place to question. If everybody starts having their own opinion, the very security of the country is doomed.

Same for soldiers in the US. They have to obey commands given by Donald Trump even if they do not support him.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I'm no supporter of our president...

... but soldiers must pledge allegiance to the president and the country. Controversial or not, it is not their place to question. If everybody starts having their own opinion, the very security of the country is doomed.

Same for soldiers in the US. They have to obey commands given by Donald Trump even if they do not support him.

They're volunteers.

Our soldiers are mostly conscripts.

Big, big difference.

Haiz

OFFICE of the President.

Regardless your feeling and opinion of the person.

POTUS is the same meaning. Regardless the Donald Trump.

Hence, we respect the OFFICE because it is the highest authority. In monarchy it will be the Queen, i mean the King.

Goodness. Must get God. Then clarify which religion's god. Then clarify if its ok with the other religions. Then clarify can be female or must be male.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

They're volunteers.

Our soldiers are mostly conscripts.

Big, big difference.

True... but a soldier cannot choose who to protect lah...

My point was in reply to yours comparing our SAF with the US armed forces.

A volunteer makes a free choice whether to enter armed service to his country. But once he takes that oath, he jolly well better uphold it.

A civilian in their system who doesn't volunteer to take the oath and join the armed forces has no obligation to lay his life down for his country.

The differences are seriously blurred in our country where male conscription is the norm. Every father-mother son has no choice, either in taking the oath or in serving the country in a military capacity.

In my view, an oath one is compelled to take whether one agrees (or even understands) with its stipulations is a meaningless one. Might as well do away with it. But they retain these things because some people believe that all the pomp and ceremony still impresses young people sufficiently that they'll toe the line. I guess.

CIA has infiltrated MCF?

Please lah. If you start invoking the spectre of foreign interference every time someone asks a slightly deep question with political implications, we'll be no better off than PRC under the Commies.

Someone pretty smart once said that dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Yes we can.

You can force me to repeat some meaningless works but when push comes to shove and my own life is on the line, then you will truly see if a soldier can choose or not.

Why throw your life for something you don't believe in?

Turbocharged

My point was in reply to yours comparing our SAF with the US armed forces.

A volunteer makes a free choice whether to enter armed service to his country. But once he takes that oath, he jolly well better uphold it.

A civilian in their system who doesn't volunteer to take the oath and join the armed forces has no obligation to lay his life down for his country.

The differences are seriously blurred in our country where male conscription is the norm. Every father-mother son has no choice, either in taking the oath or in serving the country in a military capacity.

In my view, an oath one is compelled to take whether one agrees (or even understands) with its stipulations is a meaningless one. Might as well do away with it. But they retain these things because some people believe that all the pomp and ceremony still impresses young people sufficiently that they'll toe the line. I guess.

Please lah. If you start invoking the spectre of foreign interference every time someone asks a slightly deep question with political implications, we'll be no better off than PRC under the Commies.

Someone pretty smart once said that dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

Can’t be you

Brudder...

The pic is actually PLA soldier ah ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

Not even real PLA soldier lah. Just a boy model in PLA uniform. Maybe with fake rifle.
↡ Advertisement