Man stabbed in row with love rival at void deck

Acieed

Why SG kids so violent these days ? Lack of parenting ? Wrong priorities in our society ?

Man stabbed in row with love rival at void deck

ST_IMAGES_KIMSLASH15.jpg

Mr Goh showing the injuries he suffered in the knife attack. -- PHOTO: COURTESY OF HENDRIX GOH

A HAWKER'S assistant told The Straits Times on Tuesday how he was stabbed by a love rival at the void deck of a block of flats.

Mr Hendrix Goh, 25, said the 19-year-old, who had once dated his girlfriend, knifed him in the collarbone, left arm and back.

He said he was hospitalised for a week after the incident in Bedok North earlier this month.

The youth is understood to have been arrested. Mr Goh said he was walking to get a taxi with his girlfriend and two other friends after having supper at a hawker centre when the suspect called to say that he wanted to come and return the girl's phone.

When he arrived, he asked to speak to Mr Goh privately.

Then, Mr Goh said, the youth took out a jack-knife from his pocket and slashed his cheek. He said his girlfriend ran forward to help, but the youth pushed her away. A tussle broke out, during which Mr Goh was stabbed.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_680114.html

↡ Advertisement

Face so important ? Next time, not happy with job also can stab boss or colleague ?

THis attack is more of a Lost in Face rather than a Lost in Love...

Hypersonic

Face so important ? Next time, not happy with job also can stab boss or colleague ?

Though silly it may seem, 'face' is very important to the pai kia. One usual excuse for kenna wallop is, "never give me face" [laugh]

Please loh....talk is easy.

How many of us already want and dare to fight and bang car, when the other party show a insignificant middle finger.

This is love and sex involved.....sure more depp emotional to retain pride!!

Bring jack knife confirm it's planned liao, not bay song nia. Looks like he decided this was the solution to his problem, and went planned.

Though silly it may seem, 'face' is very important to the pai kia. One usual excuse for kenna wallop is, "never give me face" [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

This is very not civil . It sadenn me to see Singapore children behave like 流氓 where is the morality ? Poke people can get the death penalty?

Neutral Newbie

Bring jack knife confirm it's planned liao, not bay song nia. Looks like he decided this was the solution to his problem, and went planned.

Can you tell me what is a jackknife?

This is very not civil . It sadenn me to see Singapore children behave like 流氓 where is the morality ? Poke people can get the death penalty?

It is a sad day for me too...

Neutral Newbie

A STOMPer was slashed in the face and stabbed in the body by his girlfriend's ex-boyfriend, who had confronted him at a void deck in Bedok North.

According the report in The Straits Times, the STOMPer, 25-year-old Hendrix Goh, a hawker's assistant, was walking with his girlfriend and two other friends to get a taxi after having supper at a hawker centre when the 19-year-old suspect called his girlfriend. He wanted to meet her to return her phone.

When the suspect arrived, he asked to speak to the STOMPer alone, before slashing his cheek with a jack-knife. The STOMPer was later stabbed after he got involved in a tussle with the suspect.

In an email to STOMP yesterday (Jun 14), the STOMPer said:

"I was eating and drinking with my girlfriend at a coffeeshop in Bedok North and her ex-boyfriend came to confront me, asking if I had slept with her.

"When I refused to answer, he slashed my face and stabbed my body and had me lying in hospital for seven days.

"The worst part was when I went back to the police station for a statement, the officer was worried that he might just be getting a probation as the accused is only 19 yers old and is a student with no criminal records.

"Does it mean that if I have no criminal records I can go around stabbing people and all I will get is a probation where I still can spend time with my family in the comfort of my home?

"The youngsters nowadays are getting out of hand, going around with weapons, but they are not given harsh punishment."

Feel that EQ is increasingly lacking in our society. Encounter some of my kid's friends at very very young age, they were already talking like adults but not in positive light - angry about not getting iPad and other small things, destroying things to vent their frustration. Looks like we really need to set a good example for our children. There are things which kids pick up naturally and some which kids don't just pick up from nowhere.

Feel that EQ is increasingly lacking in our society. Encounter some of my kid's friends at very very young age, they were already talking like adults but not in positive light - angry about not getting iPad and other small things, destroying things to vent their frustration. Looks like we really need to set a good example for our children. There are things which kids pick up naturally and some which kids don't just pick up from nowhere.

I'm really puzzled as to why kids nowadays has no sense of reverence to adults unlike our time. We tremble at the sight of our discipline master....

↡ Advertisement