Used Megane Cabriolet vs 307CC

Fishman

Comments please? Which will you choose? Glass roof of the Renault, anyone who owns one cares to comment - is it really that hot on a sunny day with roof up? thks

↡ Advertisement

Comments please? Which will you choose? Glass roof of the Renault, anyone who owns one cares to comment - is it really that hot on a sunny day with roof up? thks

in SG, even with the sunroof open is hot and you need to turn on the aircon.

it's all about looking good and nothing else.

maybe you can only open top after 7pm without bad weather.

i got a friend who bought used 307CC, about 5yrs old, got to spend a little on the wear and tear parts, other than that, so far so good.

for the two cars:

megane cabriolet: interior ugly but exterior nice

307CC: interior acceptable but exterior look like an egg when close top, open top still acceptable.

i think the new 308CC looks much better but for my case, i prefer to drive with aircon (SG is too hot and humid) unless we are talking about E-cabriolet. =x

Thanks.

Both are nice, if u have the bucks, drive n feel the open roof, shiok in early morning when less car, be warn the back seats are cramp, so drive while u have no kids or take it as second cars, there"s also leakage problem especially when high pressure car wash, servicing also very ex, especially major servicing. The only good things is, driving carbriolet for the experience with the wind blowing without wearing helmets. Good for bald driver. Fc is also high due to low bhp weight ratio.

Neutral Newbie

i think the new 308CC looks much better but for my case, i prefer to drive with aircon (SG is too hot and humid) unless we are talking about E-cabriolet. =x

Wat is E-cabriolet ?

Neutral Newbie

think he meant e class cabrio

oic - but cannot be e class cabrio no need aircon while the rest of cabrio need air con when top down....

(edited)

am i the only 1 who thinks that the megane cc and the fairlady belong to completely different classes of cars?

the megane cc is more of a look sporty car like the koup and the tuscani but the 307 is a serious sports car that drinks and has a maintenance cost of a real sports car

i'm not sure of the figures but i believe that the brute horsepower of the 307 will allow it to match other performance cars from audi or porsche but the megane cc will have trouble even keeping up against an accord

so i'm puzzled why TS wants to compare these 2 cars... they are not even priced the same!

Edited by Expertz

i rather buy either Mazda MX5 (if back seat is not important) or Volkswagon EOS (if you want to fetch pple using back seat)

Wrong, this eos, due to the back seats with the hump on the center, u cannot squeeze 3 people at the back,tats y i choose megane cc the last time, the seats wre flat, able to squeeze my maids n 2 kids behind, drive all the way to kl. Partly also bcos the price, knowing i cant drive cabrio for long when kids grow, so take megane cc juz to have cabrio feels.eos have turbo, so petrol n car more ex than megane. Have the power, but how long can u drive in spore, if u need bigger space for family in future.

Wrong, this eos, due to the back seats with the hump on the center, u cannot squeeze 3 people at the back,tats y i choose megane cc the last time, the seats wre flat, able to squeeze my maids n 2 kids behind, drive all the way to kl. Partly also bcos the price, knowing i cant drive cabrio for long when kids grow, so take megane cc juz to have cabrio feels.eos have turbo, so petrol n car more ex than megane. Have the power, but how long can u drive in spore, if u need bigger space for family in future.

try putting 2 adults behind....

oic - but cannot be e class cabrio no need aircon while the rest of cabrio need air con when top down....

i mean if it's an e-cabrio, i don't mind open top and sweating. [;)]

how about 6 series cab? [cool]

6 series out of my reach. If got that kind of money, then the e cab would be my choice! It will be a second car for me, short term (i.e. < 2yrs) low mileage, once in your life kind of fun experience, so long-term maintenance not really a big issue. After driving for 15 years, perhaps it's ok to put aside all the negatives which I used to consider, and just do it!

I have 2 young kids, so mx5, which I personally like, is out. I also thought of the 207, but the rear is really really tight - not even my young ones can fit in there!

Eos is also good, however, resale not many and super ex.

So, still back to the first 2 choices.

↡ Advertisement