Blackvue users-Please come in

Picanto

Hey,

I did a pretty extensive video review of the DR400G and I thought this user group might be interested. I plan on testing even more cameras (especially the cheaper models) and I can give updates if there is interest.

I do have some questions about overheating, I'm Toronto, Canada and the summer months are coming up. I've seen your reports about overheating and I wondering if anyone tried one of those folding reflectors to keep the temperature down? It has a cutout (or you can make one) for the camera. There were also a couple reports about fogging, was that an overheating issue or was there condensation inside the camera?

A bunch of pages back someone noted that the Samsung 16GB cards were really prone to corruption but he mentioned it's been fixed with a later firmware update. Is this still an issue? I have one and it hasn't been an issue so far.

Has anyone measured the power drain from the device which was reported to be 3W, although in the brochure it says 4W? I'm guessing it shouldn't be that high. I'm thinking of cutting into one of my 12v DC cables , splitting open the sheath and attaching a multimeter to the wires. Has anyone done that or has some accurate power magic reports cutoff reports from their own battery?

Thanks for your help everyone! Here's the video, I think this should be pretty useful for many people.

FineVU 300HD vs DR400G vs ITB-100HD - I would watch this Korean Video it compares all three cameras at once and the FineVU has really bad performance at night. Awful, everything else is about the same as the DR400G, the ITB was the worst one. You have to let it load for a couple minutes but it's otherwise a very good (although funny as hell) video.

Overheating issue is really a BIG HEADACHE now for the weather condition in Singapore. Finevu & ITB still has the upper hand if the overheating issue is unresolved. Reliability is the most impt factor for a car dvr. Blackvue has recently released new units with new hardware, hopefully it will solved the overheating issue, but there are still 2 who have feedback on the same issue with the new sets. Existing users who RMA their sets are still monitoring as its only recently released. Another problem not solved with class 6 is the "please check your sd card" issue.

Edited by Shochong
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Overheating issue is really a BIG HEADACHE now for the weather condition in Singapore. Finevu & ITB still has the upper hand if the overheating issue is unresolved. Reliability is the most impt factor for a car dvr. Blackvue has recently released new units with new hardware, hopefully it will solved the overheating issue, but there are still 2 who have feedback on the same issue with the new sets. Existing users who RMA their sets are still monitoring as its only recently released. Another problem not solved with class 6 is the "please check your sd card" issue.

They released new hardware? Do you happen to know what changes they made to it?

I was hoping the SD card problems would have been fixed with the latest firmware release. In Toronto we got about 200 of these cameras and are actively being used everyday, no problems so far. Perhaps the heat is affecting the cards? I know on the Samsung website it's rate to 85C, maybe it's not as tolerant as Samsung thinks or your car temperatures are really hot.

They released new hardware? Do you happen to know what changes they made to it?

I was hoping the SD card problems would have been fixed with the latest firmware release. In Toronto we got about 200 of these cameras and are actively being used everyday, no problems so far. Perhaps the heat is affecting the cards? I know on the Samsung website it's rate to 85C, maybe it's not as tolerant as Samsung thinks or your car temperatures are really hot.

They just mentioned the board is changed.. Singapore weather is super hot.. someone measured in car temp under the hot sun to be around 72 degrees, which is over the heat limit of DR400 which is 65 degree.. maybe thats y all the problem comes..

I go to the following website to download the latest firmware DR400G-HD English Firmware V1.040 (04/19/2012) on my laptop.

http://www.blackvue.co.kr/en/contents/sub3...&searchstr=

My laptop is equipped with Norton Internet Security 2012. The moment the download completes, Norton scans the file and reports that the installation file contains a threat called WS.Reputation.1

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/secur...&os=windows

Have anyone encounter this problem. Thanks.

OK guys, here is my latest video using the new BV hardware. still the same.... [bigcry]

Seem like they need to change a more robust board or perhaps a feature to disable GPS when parking mode is activated.

OK guys, here is my latest video using the new BV hardware. still the same.... [bigcry]

Seem like they need to change a more robust board or perhaps a feature to disable GPS when parking mode is activated.

Sighz.... Finevu is still more reliable now..

Wait for my new Itronics 100HD for review.. will stress test under sun as well..

Edited by Shochong

Do yourself a favor and stop using Norton. Get Trend Micro. I stop using Norton years ago after an attack on one of my servers,

and calling Norton was as good as not calling at all, solved the problem myself and switched from that day on.

I go to the following website to download the latest firmware DR400G-HD English Firmware V1.040 (04/19/2012) on my laptop.

http://www.blackvue.co.kr/en/contents/sub3...&searchstr=

My laptop is equipped with Norton Internet Security 2012. The moment the download completes, Norton scans the file and reports that the installation file contains a threat called WS.Reputation.1

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/secur...&os=windows

Have anyone encounter this problem. Thanks.

Sorry, here's the beedeo.

Yes, BV overheated again.

Better don't use it in parking mode la, even under shelter, save some trouble. That is my own opinion only.

then why buy it in the first place?

They have better features & quality compare to others, I bought it for the purpose of recording while driving.

Sorry to hijack this thread as this is my maiden post. (Video was recorded with BV400)

Exited KPE to join ECP when suddenly it was raining stones all over my car - apparently from this dump (dumb) truck.

I did not manage to track down this vehicle or obtain its licence plate no. as I was in a hurry. And when I finally stopped my

car at a parking lot, there was stone chips all over my car's roof and bonnet, including a starbreak chip on the windscreen.

Thinking of submitting this video to the relevant authority to keep our road safe - could have happened to someone driving

a convertible too, with diastrous consquences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WUHC0inZKY

Edited by Vvman

Sighz.... Finevu is still more reliable now..

Wait for my new Itronics 100HD for review.. will stress test under sun as well..

Hope to see your Itronics ITB 100HD clips soon... From what I have seen from Youtube vids, its about the same quality as the Blackvue DR-400G HD, albeit dunno if it will also overheat or not..