Suzuki Swift Sports

Ken1898

Is this car reliable and durable?

Looking to buy a used left 7-8yrs car. Its small but i suppose this Manual type will be fun to drive.

Maintenace wise expensive?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

SSS was launched in mid 2006. So the oldest u can get is a 5 yo. It's just a 1.6NA car, so maint cost is just like ur normal gap sedan. As long as u know where to get reasonably priced parts it'll not be expensive.

Is this car reliable and durable?

Looking to buy a used left 7-8yrs car. Its small but i suppose this Manual type will be fun to drive.

Maintenace wise expensive?

Don't think maintenance will be ex. FC is so-so for 1.6 due to the low gearing. about 12-13km/l. But for the perky performance, I suppose that is fine.

Get a stock one and u shd be fine

Fuel costs are slightly on the higher side because the SSS can only take RON 98 petrol if I recall correctly...other than that, should have decent maintenance costs :)

I don't think maintenance is an issue. Although my own SSS is less than 1 year old, I have friends who are driving their 3-4 year old SSS. No major complaints heard so far. However, as with all pre-owned cars, that is provided you can get a stock, un-modded and non-lemon car.

Price of parts are decent as there is a local Suzuki stockist. The details are somewhere on the random chit-chat thread.

I have heard of niggling issues. My own car has a mysterious rattle that comes once every fortnight or so? Perhaps the build quality isn't exactly fastidious. But it is decent for a small and budget hatchback. Don't expect any thing like the continental hatches but it definitely is good enough for most people.

The main issue is whether you can live with the car. Unlike most hatches, it does not have a comfort biased suspension. Sure, it won't break your back like some extreme coilovers; and I am pretty sure most won't get car-sick in it. But, it isn't what most people will deem comfortable. Bearable, but not comfortable.

The same for the fuel (needs min 98) and the same for the close ratio gears and ~4.3 final drive. All bearable if you are the sort who doesn't mind an inconvenience or two to get a better than average drive. But not something I would recommend if you aren't going to enjoy pushing the car.

just a curious question, what are the reasons someone would buy the normal SS 1.5L manual vs the 1.6M SSS. Performance wise pretty similar or very different? how bout price wise, fuel/insurance/servicing etc.

and insurance premium for this model tend to be on the high side

one is spirited driving, one is more comfort driven. go for a test drive and draw your own conclusion. FC wise not sure, but insurance, Swift Sports is placed in performance catergory, so be prepared to pay.

Neutral Newbie

big diff... for performance, insurance, fc :P

I'm 26this year, not yet bday, and my insurance for sss is freaking 3k +

lol mine onli $851 [:p]

insurance depends on several factors. hard to compare lah.

Everyone also want cheap insurance, but better read the terms and conditon carefully. recent discussion on Aviva shd serve as good remimder.

I paid $1083 from Chartis, been with them for several years. so far so good.

one is spirited driving, one is more comfort driven. go for a test drive and draw your own conclusion. FC wise not sure, but insurance, Swift Sports is placed in performance catergory, so be prepared to pay.

hmm...i guess that would be the best way to really know. your driving a sss urself?

Neutral Newbie

You mean $851 for SSS? [shocked]

Ya all the way ncb 50 plus 5%

2008 - $1200 (in house loan HSBC)

2009- $800 plus (EQ)

2010 - $841 (EQ)

2011 - $851 (India)

↡ Advertisement