New URA/HDB parking coupons to deter forgery

Latka

Straits Times

Jun 19, 2011

New URA/HDB parking coupons to deter forgery

By Ernest Luis

THE URA and HDB will release new parking coupons with a security watermark feature to deter the forgery of such coupons.

To be implemented progressively from June 20 in new coupons, the watermark feature will be in the form of a URA/HDB logo imprinted on the coupon, visible to the naked eye when held against bright light.

But in a statement on Saturday, URA and HDB said motorists can continue to use existing parking coupons without the watermark feature, alongside the new coupons.

They do not need to exchange their existing parking coupons for new ones. Parking coupon agents will continue to sell the existing 'non-watermark' coupons until their stock is depleted. Motorists can still buy from this current stock of 'non-watermark' coupons.

But the new parking coupons will be sold in major outlets such as 7-Eleven, NTUC FairPrice, Shell, EssoMobil, and so one by July 2011.

For more information, go to the URA website at www.ura.gov.sg or HDB website at www.hdb.gov.sg. Or call URA at 6329-3434 or HDB at 1800-2255432.

↡ Advertisement

Never heard of forged parking coupons b4.

Only heard cheats re-using coupons with sticky tape.

There is. I heard it is mass produce in Vietnam and brought in to local market. Similar to OPC coupon, the serial no. is shorter I think.

act they shd counter folding coupons too. someone ever mentioned using the scratch out system or pencil box system and i thot its great.

Singapore is really behind Melaka in term of parking coupon system!

People already have tamper proof coupon system with 2D barcode for authenticity and we're still using tearing hole coupons in Singapore.

Regards,

How to recoup the cost of new security coupons?

No need to think....get ready to see increase in coupons pricing in few months time........

watermark feature will be in the form of a URA/HDB logo imprinted on the coupon, visible to the naked eye when held against bright light.

this part best.... so when put on dashboard still cannot see la

First impression I see this new coupon is " Will it increase the price of coupon?" <_<

And is so wasted, print till so swee swee...use and throw after that

Neutral Newbie

Short sighted change. probably some smart-S in the hdb/URA proposed it. The existing coupon can use up till 2015 right? so implement now for wat????

Supersonic

No price increase as of now!

I believe very soon the price of parking will increase! Since how long ago did they increased the price of parking coupon and season parking?! [rolleyes]

I believe very soon the price of parking will increase! Since how long ago did they increased the price of parking coupon and season parking?! [rolleyes]

coupon's price might not increase but 50 cts for 15 min :D

↡ Advertisement