2011 Salary in Singapore: Median is $2700, Average is $4100

Blogtowkay

Neutral Newbie

Hmm saw the other thread about graduates salary. I think this one more relevant for the "average" Singaporeans since grads only form about 30% of working population.

Seen this report about the latest salary in Singapore that our median salary is around $2,700 and average salary is about $4,100 this year.

Well, glad to report that my salary is ABOVE the median, but not at average leh... Hope this year will go higher than can start planning for a car. What about everyone else?

↡ Advertisement

Ya, this is more realistic rather than those minority that brag about starting salary of 4k and above to represent the majority actual figure. Worst thing is, those ppls are the one that is living in their small world but make claim that is the other realistic major party is the one that is the frog living in the well.

Neutral Newbie

Ya, this is more realistic rather than those minority that brag about starting salary of 4k and above to represent the majority actual figure. Worst thing is, those ppls are the one that is living in their small world but make claim that is the other realistic major party is the one that is the frog living in the well.

yeah. but sadly, seems that there's not as much non-grads on this forum to talk abt this topic...

Supersonic

Sounds familiar, think the frog is me...... [lipsrsealed]

Hmm saw the other thread about graduates salary. I think this one more relevant for the "average" Singaporeans since grads only form about 30% of working population.

Seen this report about the latest salary in Singapore that our median salary is around $2,700 and average salary is about $4,100 this year.

Well, glad to report that my salary is ABOVE the median, but not at average leh... Hope this year will go higher than can start planning for a car. What about everyone else?

blog harder... :ph34r: :ph34r:

Sounds familiar, think the frog is me...... [lipsrsealed]

you may kiss the princess now [laugh]

honestly the salary go up and come down, if you make $10k $20k a month in your 30s 40s, doesn't mean you still get it when come 50s.

Supersonic

you may kiss the princess now [laugh]

honestly the salary go up and come down, if you make $10k $20k a month in your 30s 40s, doesn't mean you still get it when come 50s.

If you said most people earn $10K-20K per month, i really cannot believe, unless these people is doing their own business or some agent. [rolleyes] If according to the report, average btw $2700 to $4100, i think should be more realistic. Or maybe i am really a frog still living in the well?

If you said most people earn $10K-20K per month, i really cannot believe, unless these people is doing their own business or some agent. [rolleyes] If according to the report, average btw $2700 to $4100, i think should be more realistic. Or maybe i am really a frog still living in the well?

If those people dun come into this thread, I am sure we will all feel better, as long as we doing a honest's day job I think we all deserve respect

(edited)

If those people dun come into this thread, I am sure we will all feel better, as long as we doing a honest's day job I think we all deserve respect

Ay yah, you are also one of the richer one but still say your money is not big enough. 7.6k at mid 30s hor.

Many ppls above 40s also dont earn as much as you.

You will definitely be much better because you earn highest among the poorer folk here.

Edited by Axela72

hm..., $2700 to $4100?

i'm don't think this also correct figure.

my calculation:

1. how many hotel (1 star to 5 star) in singapore.

how many percentage between staff and worker(that have 2-3 shift) in hotel industry?

let say 20% staff 80% worker, how many from worker group can earn or more then $2700?

I can say maybe 15%

2. how many F&B company in singapore.

how many percentage between staff and worker(that have 2-3 shift) in F&B industry?

let say 20% staff 80% worker, how many from worker group can earn or more then $2700?

I can say maybe 15%

2. how many transportation/ logistic company in singapore.

how many percentage between staff and worker(that have 2-3 shift) in transportation/ logistic industry?

I can say maybe 15%

3. if you see advertise in newspaper for sales or admin or warehouse or driver or other job,

95% will not give you start salary as high as $2700.

I believe the most is as low as $1600-$2000

So.., where the got median $2700 or average $4100 figure?

Supersonic

I think the median $2700 or average $4100 figure is referring to people with degree or people in executive & management level? [rolleyes] I believe the $2700 should not apply to driver and assistant.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Read the report via this link http://www.salarysingapore.com/salaries-in...2011-guide.html

The $2700 average wage is based on all age groups, sex, qualifications and jobs for working people in Singapore. Same for the median pay.

Edited by Blogtowkay

(edited)

the $505 different from level 1 to 2 must be devastating [laugh]

To be dating material, a man's got to earn at least $2,025 per month.

Sexual relationships, a man's got to earn about $2,530 per month.

Going steady would require about $3,225 per month of income

Only men who make more than $4,000 per month will make the grade to qualify for marriage material

Edited by Wt_know

I think the median $2700 or average $4100 figure is referring to people with degree or people in executive & management level? [rolleyes] I believe the $2700 should not apply to driver and assistant.

I think so too.. the topic should be changed to for degree holders only.

↡ Advertisement