Connecting TV Tuner to Nissan Stock Head Unit with Display

Achtung

I would need some recommendation from some of the ICE experts here. I am now driving a Skyline and it has already an inbuilt TV Screen. I have asked my regular shop to connect the Reverse Cam and TV Tuner and they seemed to have messed up a fair bit.

They claimed they cant connect the reverse cam and it is now connected to a seperate LCD Screen.

They connected the TV Tuner but.... the screen shuts off with the sound still on. Weirdly, when I stepped on my brakes, the screen comes on again. They claimed they dunno which wires to tap on.

If any bros out there know of any good shop that knows how to connect teh two gadgets to a stock screen like mine, please let me know. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I would need some recommendation from some of the ICE experts here. I am now driving a Skyline and it has already an inbuilt TV Screen. I have asked my regular shop to connect the Reverse Cam and TV Tuner and they seemed to have messed up a fair bit.

They claimed they cant connect the reverse cam and it is now connected to a seperate LCD Screen.

They connected the TV Tuner but.... the screen shuts off with the sound still on. Weirdly, when I stepped on my brakes, the screen comes on again. They claimed they dunno which wires to tap on.

If any bros out there know of any good shop that knows how to connect teh two gadgets to a stock screen like mine, please let me know. Thanks.

Oh, they gave your safety lock. There is a cable called "brake" or "hb" or "hand brake", this cable should be connected to the "-" or your battery or "GND", then you can watch movie while you are moving. But now it is connnect to you brake line, it will detect your car status, if it is moving, no video, static, got video. It is safety consideration. They did not make mistake, if you never request this during installation. I think, now, what you can do is ask them remove this safety lock.

Reverse camera is another issue, if your TV Screen does not have a cable which can detect the reverse gear status, then can not use your screen as a reverse gear monitor.

By the way what TV tuner you installed? Digital TV or Analog TV, can share with us the quality? Because I am considering this Road Emperor Head Unit, but dont know digital tv better or analog tv better.

I already got it sorted out at another hi fi shop which is more competent. He solved the problems for me. Rear cam working find and TV is working well. Teh forst shop blardee tapped the speed wire which is so kokanathan.

I am using a Digital Tuner. And the reception is good.

Oh, they gave your safety lock. There is a cable called "brake" or "hb" or "hand brake", this cable should be connected to the "-" or your battery or "GND", then you can watch movie while you are moving. But now it is connnect to you brake line, it will detect your car status, if it is moving, no video, static, got video. It is safety consideration. They did not make mistake, if you never request this during installation. I think, now, what you can do is ask them remove this safety lock.

Reverse camera is another issue, if your TV Screen does not have a cable which can detect the reverse gear status, then can not use your screen as a reverse gear monitor.

By the way what TV tuner you installed? Digital TV or Analog TV, can share with us the quality? Because I am considering this Road Emperor Head Unit, but dont know digital tv better or analog tv better.

↡ Advertisement