Old WW2 Relic disposals

Scion

(edited)

National threat??? Which movie are you watching??? [laugh]

the bomb could have been taken away by an unknown party, and he reuses it later elsewhere eg istana, MRT train station.... this cant be lightly ruled out as implied in you laugh smiley............. do get a bit serious my fren :o you may have been part of the line POs, i apprecaite what you have done even though i wasnt an eyewitness but taking your words for it, but lets call a spake a spake (looking the Home Team as an entity, not splitting between decisions/policies makers and line POs, hope you understand this [:)]

Edited by KARTer
↡ Advertisement

This pathetic country is all about $$$$$ !!! No $$$ = no talk !

Best things is if one spots a old WWII bomb on the ground....call the cops and let him step on it....BOOM...that fella kena blown to bits.....next thing there will be big public uproar..... and a law passed to clear such garbage FOC....simple as that...

Ironically, only two days before, the same minister said, "'Nevertheless, we need to continue to maintain a heightened security, and to be vigilant in case anything comes up.'"

It appears, an unexploded bomb in your private backyard does not count. Apparently it does not fall into the "security" category and not worth being "vigilant" about. For this case its let your fingers do the walking... dial the number found in the Yellow Pages for a "reliable bomb disposal person".

What if the bomb had exploded for one reason or another, and lives and limbs were lost? Would we be getting just another apology in Parliament?

I would think the authorities should act first, and settle the bill later. Its just common sense.

Now any bomb making terrorists will have the excuse to say they found the bomb in their own backyard and is looking for the number of the private contractor to dispose it.

So... if you rob someone in their house, since it's considered private property, the police won't catch you?

this may well be the case in future if the polis can get away from this bomb fiasco... :D they can and will get away with anything they choose to do so

Why didn't they come out of this last time/ i could have out sourced my reservist duties!!

You'll be surprised how much of SAF is outsourced now.

Can you do better???

are you serious?... do you encourage our RSAF fighter pilot who clashes the multi-million dollars F16 due to negligence, killing innocent cilvilians along the way, yet turns around and ask us laymen, "Can you do better?"??

Next time when others find bombs on their sites they would just throw away into the sea...

before that, quickly pee over it, water helps to reduce risk of heat which leads to explosion... :D

this may well be the case in future if the polis can get away from this bomb fiasco... :D they can and will get away with anything they choose to do so

already it is happening

people get assaulted

police ask you to take civil action

they want to keep their statistics for crime low

to polish minister shoes

already it is happening

people get assaulted

they want to keep their statistics for crime low

to polish minister shoes

Home Team has really gone backward, under the leadership of miw in the past 40 years.... shame, to say the least :angry:

Hypersonic

already it is happening

people get assaulted

This is what I could never understand. If I have no money to sue, some farker can come over and assault me? Makes no sense. So only rich people will not get hit cos they have money to fight? [rifle] :angry:

So when will action be taken? When someone is dead? :angry: :angry:

Home Team has really gone backward, under the leadership of miw in the past 40 years.... shame, to say the least :angry:

These directions could come from the top or even the ministers themselves.

Either way, the Home Affairs minister is responsible.

If this is not his direction and ideas are from the SPF leadership, then he must be sleeping in parliament or as a minister for a long time to not even know what is happening. As a minister, if he is not satisfied with the performance or the direction the SPF is heading, he could easily call for changes.

If not, then blame the Finance minister for not allocating enough budget for the SPF for additional manpower.

National threat??? Which movie are you watching??? [laugh]

A 160kg bomb is not a national threat?

You are always bias towards the SPF due to your previous occupation... But surely even then I did not expect you to disagree it is a national threat.

Everybody agrees that there is a problem with the police/SAF initial response - from newspaper headlines, the public, netizens, the owner and Teo.

Hmm, so probably a single mid-rank officer made the decision to refer the potentially lucrative case to a certain private company?

SPF/SAF should issue a statement on this and clarify to restore public confidence.

Or LTK may ask in next parliament sitting. Someone who knows him please convey message.

welcum to the money face gahment.....who pay for the disposal??? knn..who paid for their salaries???

just for discussion sake

is your neh neh bigger or MO's

the reason i asked is because undertaker mentioned that MO has the biggest neh neh around

i also dont understand what strategy our opposition parties are taking

pre-election, they whack anything they can get their hands on

now that the election is over

they act like they live in another planet

all these issues still no opposition thinks it is a worthy subject to discuss or ask for accountability

what if

the bomb did explode

killing all the bangla

instead of saving $600 for the cisco

they have to pay compensation of millions

Singaporeans are already NOT exactly the most favourite citizens in the world

we would a laughing stock

imagine in your head

a group of bangla carrying a 160 pounds bomb around

into the streets and then back to the factory again

A real joke

then home team wants us to be alert for small packages that may be a bomb

to think that 160pounds is not small enough

now i know why they are called HOME TEAM

because their job designation is to stay at HOME only

Neutral Newbie

i also dont understand what strategy our opposition parties are taking

pre-election, they whack anything they can get their hands on

now that the election is over

they act like they live in another planet

all these issues still no opposition thinks it is a worthy subject to discuss or ask for accountability

what if

the bomb did explode

killing all the bangla

instead of saving $600 for the cisco

they have to pay compensation of millions

Singaporeans are already NOT exactly the most favourite citizens in the world

we would a laughing stock

imagine in your head

a group of bangla carrying a 160 pounds bomb around

into the streets and then back to the factory again

A real joke

then home team wants us to be alert for small packages that may be a bomb

to think that 160pounds is not small enough

now i know why they are called HOME TEAM

because their job designation is to stay at HOME only

calling polis is corrct.. polis relay msg to SAF..

SAF ask polis to tell the manager to call pte co??

maybe its more on SAF side? cause SAF is the one with the EOD unit..

polis dont have EOD unit la frend.

and SAF is not under hometeam for godness sake.

↡ Advertisement