Work past retirement age-- a choice or a need?

Speedz76

That's a good way to die...

But unfortunately...

One CAN'T choose the way to GO!...well...mostly anyway... :D

hahaha must think abt it everyday...

then it might happen

↡ Advertisement

And that is ...IF...the older Sinkie can find another job! [laugh]

Well...these Sinkie definitely deserve for what they get...

Firstly for being greedy and show offs...and keep voting for the ppl they they think will...'take care of their needs'! [laugh]

in a way.. i think singaporean's priorities are abit wrong.. (just my personal opinion)

must be them HDB prices... work till 60 still haven't pay off HDBee loan

Sinkies own life-choices to blame. Dowan to settle down early n buy flat early n pay off early, after graduate, wanna spend years partying n wasting time n taking own sweet time to wait for the right guy or gal to come along.

I'm slated to pay off my HDB flat by the time i'm 35. I'm not rich, household income only $9K/mth. I just paktor early, get married early n buy flat early that's all. The benefits are huge :)

Sinkies own life-choices to blame. Dowan to settle down early n buy flat early n pay off early, after graduate, wanna spend years partying n wasting time n taking own sweet time to wait for the right guy or gal to come along.

I'm slated to pay off my HDB flat by the time i'm 35. I'm not rich, household income only $9K/mth. I just paktor early, get married early n buy flat early that's all. The benefits are huge :)

i also.. bought my flat when i was 34 and paid full...

now i can lose my job and eat maggie mee for a few months

in a way.. i think singaporean's priorities are abit wrong.. (just my personal opinion)

It's NOT abit wrong...IT's totally wrong!

Well...for 72% or more anyway! [laugh][laugh]

what about those ppl born later then u how? ur flat u buy how much? how can compare?

It's NOT abit wrong...IT's totally wrong!

Well...for 72% or more anyway! [laugh][laugh]

cannot say totally la...

some pple are attached to certain things

like girls usually buy lotsa shoes and bags.. and they will never admit that they are wasting money

i'm 31, left 4 year loan.

wah u paid in full.....rich/capable not counted hor. My point is that even ordinary folks like me can do it if they plan their life in advance n don't waste time/resources.

what about those ppl born later then u how? ur flat u buy how much? how can compare?

difficult to compare but i cannot comprehend a young graduate getting a big five room flat and pay 30 yrs ... FOR WHAT?

pay so much interest, Hdb STILL TELL us that they lose money

i'm 31, left 4 year loan.

wah u paid in full.....rich/capable not counted hor. My point is that even ordinary folks like me can do it if they plan their life in advance n don't waste time/resources.

no i managed my expectation.. i told my wife i rather buy 3 rm nearer to town than get a mega big 5 rm away from town...

so we bought a 3 rm and dump in everything in CPF plus utilize those good will from government la... first timer grants... near parent grant..

and i buy when pple tell me to wait cos the price will go down...

i was thinking how they know price will go down and how to tell my wife (then gf) to wait...

some pple ask me.. u can afford 5 room or EC... why buy resale 3 rm... i say after 1 yr, u get used to it.. and why waste money on HDB if every body talks abt owning a private property one day

i am glad i bought a 3 room flat cos its easier to clean...

it's not a matter of marry late or early...or even don't marry at all..

It's the way one goes about making their important life choices...and also to take advantage of 'moving up in life' at the right time and to make the right moves...

I know a friend who wasn't born with a silver spoon in life but manage to go from a three room pigeon hole to a District 9 semi D...and will finish paying off his mortgage by 60...actually by 58.. [laugh]

Luck?

No...just perseverance and hard work! :D

when i told my parents of my flat's price, they were shocked, because they bought their first flat for $40K only. My point is, the numbers are different, but the principles to managing it is the same. People who waste time/resources n marry n settle down/have kids late in life, are always disadvantaged.

when i told my parents of my flat's price, they were shocked, because they bought their first flat for $40K only. My point is, the numbers are different, but the principles to managing it is the same. People who waste time/resources n marry n settle down/have kids late in life, are always disadvantaged.

pple might say i m radical.. was thinking that day.. once i get my bonus this yr.. i go buy a "pigeon hole" for my ashes in future... then work backwards

Well done! no wonder you are so free to post in mcf everyday! u r my idol...

difficult to compare but i cannot comprehend a young graduate getting a big five room flat and pay 30 yrs ... FOR WHAT?

pay so much interest, Hdb STILL TELL us that they lose money

it's tough for us....now even if we buy hdb it's about 500k....normal young couples with a combined income of 8k a mth will find it tough too

it's tough for us....now even if we buy hdb it's about 500k....normal young couples with a combined income of 8k a mth will find it tough too

there are 3 rm resale flats...

no one put a gun on their heads and force them to buy big expensive flats...

while they succumbed to peer pressure... they forgot to ask their friends to help pay for the flat

i am turning 37 this yr.. i did not buy my flat many years ago...

like i made the decision to get a 1.6 car instead of intended 2l car.. why? very simple.. COE went up

there are 3 rm resale flats...

no one put a gun on their heads and force them to buy big expensive flats...

while they succumbed to peer pressure... they forgot to ask their friends to help pay for the flat

You are right, life is about choices but not everyone can stay in a 3 room, maybe they want to have 2 kids and a maid?

↡ Advertisement