Work past retirement age-- a choice or a need?

Speedz76

i also.. bought my flat when i was 34 and paid full...

now i can lose my job and eat maggie mee for a few months

Aiya bro, butter bread now quite nice, no need eat instant noodle [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

no offence, if you don't share, how we know it's possible? maybe a summary would suffice?

its very simple

dun think too much

just decide what's important in your life.... and give priority to those

one thing for sure, everything is important for many pple but what are the things you cant live without?

everyone will know wats important to them...

e.g. a family earning $3k a month can hv two kids... and you will hear another family with combined income of more than 15K saying that bringing up one kid is difficult... who is right.... who is wrong?

its very simple

dun think too much

just decide what's important in your life.... and give priority to those

one thing for sure, everything is important for many pple but what are the things you cant live without?

everyone will know wats important to them...

e.g. a family earning $3k a month can hv two kids... and you will hear another family with combined income of more than 15K saying that bringing up one kid is difficult... who is right.... who is wrong?

Sounds like good advice!

this is useless advice cos most singaporean already knew this.. they just dun practice

That's cos it easier said then done I ever mooted an idea if it is possible to retire with 400k and the consensus was an overwhelmingly no

another wtf article... who was actually surveyed.. how did they conduct the survey??

according to the article..72% of sg employees would be happier working two years past the official retirement age without any additional financial benefit.. funny thing is none of my colleagues felt this way... so i guess we belong to the other 28% of singaporeans

whenever there are such survey... it means the gov is gg to raise the retirement age again... and the CPF withrawal age??? most likely to increase as well..

Twincharged

another wtf article... who was actually surveyed.. how did they conduct the survey??

according to the article..72% of sg employees would be happier working two years past the official retirement age without any additional financial benefit.. funny thing is none of my colleagues felt this way... so i guess we belong to the other 28% of singaporeans

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1136425/1/.html

Most S'poreans want to work past retirement age: survey

By Jonathan Peeris | Posted: 21 June 2011 2254 hrs

SINGAPORE : Singaporean employees want to work past the retirement age and upgrade their skills, according to the latest Randstad Workmonitor survey released on Tuesday.

It found that 72 per cent of Singaporean employees would be happier working two years past the official retirement age without any additional financial benefits.

The survey also showed that 66 per cent of Singapore employees interviewed said their career now demands more education and training than ever before, while more than a third said they felt their current job was beyond their current abilities.

Interestingly, four out of ten people surveyed would prefer a position with more responsibility, even if there was no increase in salary.

The survey also indicated a high level of confidence among employees, with 61 per cent believing recruitment of good talent had been increasing since the financial crisis and 65 per cent believing their companies were in a good position to hire well-qualified staff.

The findings also indicated a four per cent rise in employee satisfaction to 61 per cent among Singapore employees since its last quarterly release.

However, 74 per cent felt that more people would leave to work abroad in the future.

Randstad regional director for Singapore and Malaysia, Karin Clarke, said this highlighted the priority for employers to focus on strong talent retention and attraction strategies.

The research surveyed 405 Singaporeans from May 2 to 13, as part of a global quarterly survey of 13,565 employees, which tracks employee confidence, mobility, job satisfaction and personal motivation.

- CNA/al

There it speaks for itself.. only 405 people.. not enough.. and who know the 405 people who survey are those that maybe being arrow to do survey and they may not give truthful answer.. on one will ever knows..

channelnewsasia is a mediacorp interactive media aka under the same umbrella.

the writer does know how to write that can make a few happy but many unhappiness.

nonetheless, the writer sucks big time. ;-)

I didn't read the full thread, but IMO,

If needed, then very sad, but if its a choice, why not.

I intended to work until the day I die, but I do not want to have a job past retirement age.

That's cos it easier said then done I ever mooted an idea if it is possible to retire with 400k and the consensus was an overwhelmingly no

enough or not depends whether how long u live

Neutral Newbie

The research surveyed 405 Singaporeans from May 2 to 13, as part of a global quarterly survey of 13,565 employees, which tracks employee confidence, mobility, job satisfaction and personal motivation.

not sure if 400+ singaporeans are reflective! who want to work so long if can help it?

enough or not depends whether how long u live

i am a simple man, say i need 3k a mth....can last me 11 years....sianz...i think not enough hor....guess many people here have much more

Well I think you are smarter than just keeping 400k as cash instead of generating passive income

honestly now the world is a very messy place....very hard to invest now....i am liquidating most of my stocks....not sure how markets will perform....you got any lobangs?

honestly now the world is a very messy place....very hard to invest now....i am liquidating most of my stocks....not sure how markets will perform....you got any lobangs?

go buy a geylang apartment.. by the time you are 50 sure worth alot of money

go buy a geylang apartment.. by the time you are 50 sure worth alot of money

lol, that sounds familar....who taught you that?

↡ Advertisement