Dr TT Reported To Have Collected Presidential Ap

Vulcann

The GIC board of directors is headed by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. The board consist of four other Cabinet Ministers - including Deputy Prime Ministers Teo Chee Hean and Tharman Shanmugaratnam - and former Cabinet Ministers Richard Hu and Raymond Lim.

Side note:

Our dear ex-MOT Minister has joined GIC as a board director. Wonder if it is a full-time or part-time job?

What about WKS, MBT, GY, LHH & ZAR?

Though they need not work a single day anymore & can comfortably rely on their past earnings/pensions to survive, I would think they would want to take up something.

Unlike the old man & the next-old man ESM, both of whom should really put down everything & retire, these folks must have pondered enough since the last GE to have decided on what to do henceforth.

For WKS & MBT who are still MPs, maybe performing the task as a full-time job for their respective wards?

PAPpies' trump card... The other Dr Tan is not what they want.

I have a lot of respect for TT.

But I will still vote for the other Dr Tan.

The GIC board of directors is headed by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. The board consist of four other Cabinet Ministers - including Deputy Prime Ministers Teo Chee Hean and Tharman Shanmugaratnam - and former Cabinet Ministers Richard Hu and Raymond Lim.

wondered if they are paid for being the directors of a few hundred billion dollar worth company

I have a lot of respect for TT.

But I will still vote for the other Dr Tan.

Same here.

Not very comfortable with Dr TT since he will like be the ruling party's preferred candidate.

For those who feel that both Dr TCB & TKL are also not desirable since they are previously from the ruling party, what I have to say is that we do not have much of a choice since the pool is very limited given the strict criteria.

To date, all known candidates are from the ruling party so bo bian....

I thought TT Durai [sweatdrop]

Wah you also frighten me le...[sweatdrop]

But his criminal conviction aside, he is very well qualified given his portfolio...

(edited)

TCB has my vote. This old gentleman has spoken out against policies time-and-time again, despite being part of the Party.

I just don't trust TKL. He's never struck me as a person who actively defends the public. Comes of as smarmy and unctuous.

TT is waaaaay too much of a pro-P@P man.

Edited by Turboflat4

TCB has my vote. This old gentleman has spoken out against policies time-and-time again, despite being part of the Party.

I just don't trust TKL. He's never struck me as a person who actively defends the public. Comes of as smarmy and unctuous.

TT is waaaaay too much of a pro-P@P man.

If there are no more capable & eligible non-ruling party candidates indicating interest, guess I will support Dr TCB as well...

Ok confirm liao. He's in.

Not sure he came out of his own accord or "encouraged"...

From CNA:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1136707/1/.html

Tony Tan to contest Presidential Election

By Mustafa Shafawi | Posted: 23 June 2011 1051 hrs

SINGAPORE: Former Deputy Prime Minister Tony Tan said he will contest the upcoming Presidential Election as an independent candidate.

Dr Tan arrived at the Elections Department at 10.30am on Thursday and picked up forms for the Certificate of Eligibility required for the election.

Dr Tan is currently the Chairman of Singapore Press Holdings as well as deputy chairman and executive director of GIC - the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation.

A former mathematics and physics lecturer at the University of Singapore, Dr Tan entered politics in 1979 at the age of 38.

He left the Cabinet between 1991 and 1995, became chairman and CEO of OCBC Bank, before returning to the Cabinet to beef up its ranks in August 1995.

Dr Tan retired from politics after 26 years in government, having helmed the ministries of finance, education, defence, health, and trade and industry at different points in his career.

Earlier this month, Dr Tan said that the next elected President of Singapore will hold office during a period of enormous change.

He was responding to media queries as to whether he would be making a bid for the position in the coming election.

While neither confirming nor denying a bid at that time, Dr Tan said that it is more important than ever to have a President with a steady hand and a deep understanding of the complexities behind each decision he may have to make.

- CNA/cc

Earlier this month, Dr Tan said that the next elected President of Singapore will hold office during a period of enormous change.

He was responding to media queries as to whether he would be making a bid for the position in the coming election.

While neither confirming nor denying a bid at that time, Dr Tan said that it is more important than ever to have a President with a steady hand and a deep understanding of the complexities behind each decision he may have to make.

- CNA/cc

Feel so strange how the press can post this million-dollar question at the RIGHT moment...

And Dr TT can respond in such a positive manner then.

Whatever.

Now he is in we will see an interesting competition.

I hope...

I bet our next President is Mr. Tan. [cool]

Very very accurate statement.

Ya I also think so if it is only Dr TT, Dr TCB & Mr. TKL running.

[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]