Kena Sibeh Jialat. U say fair or not?

Mnphosis

Got a 4 year old used car. Checked by 3rd party workshop. Good condition. Before handing over to me, still change engine oil although other wear and tear parts never change.

Car was in decent condition. Drove 10 days even trying out at NSHW 160-180 kmh sprints. Perfectly fine.

Day 11 sent to another regular workshop for servicing. Service bill total $2000 plus. I also supplied $1k plus of my own parts like brake pads, rotors, fluids, filters, etc for change.

Service bill $2k plus does not include pads rotors etc.

I'm fine with the price. ($2k is fine cos alot of work to change wear and tear items)

Next day, less than 24 hours, car overheat, coolant all evaporated. Fan stopped moving. Even after resting over 2 hours and topping up with new coolant fan still not moving. Started engine. Showed Cold. Within 5 mins rose to middle and less than 10 mins went to 3/4 closing in on hot.

Frustrated, turned off engine and called AA tow.

Vehicle towed back to workshop who did $2k servicing and boss not ard. Car sat around for 24 hours and I got report from worker than engine gasket/block etc blow. Water in cylinder!

24 hours earlier, when $2k service was being done, I saw them change spark plug in front of me, no problem. Cylinder no water. Now 24 hours later, after servicing and overheating, tell me cylinder filled with water, sparks fouled and that it was a long ago problem!

That means my driving around 10 days before servicing etc car cylinder filled with water?

If yes, how did i hit 160-180km/h?

If yes, when they do servicing and changed spark plug, that time no water?

I got fed up since boss not around and no one could do anything.

I towed vehicle to another workshop.

In 48 hours after major service, the other workshop showed me engine gasket, cylinder head plus a whole load of other items damaged due to driving while overheating.

Since the $2k servicing workshop boss did not get back to me I was exasperated, irritated and totally angry and asked them to proceed to service the car properly and final bill was about $8k.

In view of this, i wasted good money for a c--k up. Naturally $2k servicing boss will deny his fault.

But look at it this way, Imagine, 24 hours after a $2k servicing and engine overheat and engine blow, theoretically the blame is clear.

However, it was my fault. I failed to look at it from a legal standpoint and send the car to Authorised Agent. By doing so, whatever problem caused the overheating by authorised agent would be noted and if it was something done by the $2k workshop and reflected in the invoice, I would have a rock solid llegal case.

Being just me, I asked to tow the vehicle back to the $2k workshop and they generally claimed nothing wrong. That overheating was because vehicle is old and that it was not caused by their poor servicing.

After servicing 24 hours overheat and engine spoil, if not them then hard for layman like me to understand.

Prior, 10 days after getting used car no servicing yet no problem.

So many thousands lost just because of suay.

Anything u fellas wanna add?

Really lan lan suck thumb. Makes the paint work damaged post look tame in comparison

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Got a 4 year old used car. Checked by 3rd party workshop. Good condition. Before handing over to me, still change engine oil although other wear and tear parts never change.

Car was in decent condition. Drove 10 days even trying out at NSHW 160-180 kmh sprints. Perfectly fine.

Day 11 sent to another regular workshop for servicing. Service bill total $2000 plus. I also supplied $1k plus of my own parts like brake pads, rotors, fluids, filters, etc for change.

I'm fine with the price. ($2k is fine cos alot of work to change wear and tear items)

Next day, less than 24 hours, car overheat, coolant all evaporated. Fan stopped moving. Even after resting over 2 hours and topping up with new coolant fan still not moving. Started engine. Showed Cold. Within 5 mins rose to middle and less than 10 mins went to 3/4 closing in on hot.

Vehicle towed back to workshop who did $2k servicing and boss not ard. Car sat around for 24 hours and I got report from worker than engine gasket/block etc blow. Water in cylinder!

24 hours earlier, when $2k service was being done, I saw them change spark plug in front of me, no problem. Cylinder no water. Now 24 hours later, after servicing and overheating, tell me cylinder filled with water, sparks fouled and that it was a long ago problem!

That means my driving around 10 days before servicing etc car cylinder filled with water?

In 48 hours after major service, the other workshop showed me engine gasket, cylinder head plus a whole load of other items damaged due to driving while overheating.

Since the $2k servicing workshop boss did not get back to me I was exasperated, irritated and totally angry and asked them to proceed to service the car properly and final bill was about $8k.

In view of this, i wasted good money for a c--k up. Naturally $2k servicing boss will deny his fault.

But look at it this way, Imagine, 24 hours after a $2k servicing and engine overheat and engine blow, theoretically the blame is clear.

However, it was my fault. I failed to look at it from a legal standpoint and send the car to Authorised Agent. By doing so, whatever problem caused the overheating by authorised agent would be noted and if it was something done by the $2k workshop and reflected in the invoice, I would have a rock solid llegal case.

Being just me, I asked to tow the vehicle back to the $2k workshop and they generally claimed nothing wrong. That overheating was because vehicle is old and that it was not caused by their poor servicing.

After servicing 24 hours overheat and engine spoil, if not them then hard for layman like me to understand.

Really lan lan suck thumb. Makes the paint work damaged post look tame in comparison

BMW?

Can share the workshop u did the 2k servicing in? U would be doing an enormous good deed, and we would do well to stay away from them

nope. JAp car.

avg stuff nothing over the top.

$2k workshop been with them for 5 years

1st time such nonsense happened. And the taiji was shocking.

Can share the workshop u did the 2k servicing in? U would be doing an enormous good deed, and we would do well to stay away from them

before that, being me, I let the matter rest.

For a cheap jap car, from front to back, service is more than $10k SGD!!! madness.

5 years and so many friends and visits and cars later, I see the taiji abit too much.

There's nothing I can do except at worst put 7th month paper figures outside the shop.

:)

Sometimes it is coincident that it happened after it was serviced. Unless something major was done to the engine or the ECU. Replacing spark plug, rotor, brake pad, etc... shouldn't have caused such damage. Anyway...hope your your car will be ready for the road again soon.

(edited)

actually i don't understanding..........ownself supply spare parts of S$1000.............for a 4 year old car, normal wear and tear parts and fluids need to cost S$1000??

S$2000 for labour to change the parts only???

120000km servicing also i think don't need so much leh............

S$3000 in all for a service??? wah even C & C merc also think not so much....

Edited by Tianmo

hard to believe tat a 4-yr old car can give so serious problems....high mileage car? or did tat workshop really co.ck up?

no way to know. Several witnesses including tow truck fella saw the fan fail to work and it was a new fan. The invoice showed a new fan installed. Fan failed even after cooling car etc and topping up coolant. Tried spinning the blades to get it to work abit also can't.

The damage was due to driving when the car was overheating. Not a problem with the 4 year old car. If the 4 year old car has problems, then I wouldnt be able to do 160-180 sprints on the NSHW the past 10 days prior to sending for major service.

However, educated guess was that fan was not properly installed. Overheat engine damage. Sent back to $2k workshop. Workshop quickly did up fan wiring etc to make fan working again then act blur. Engine damaged but they claimed not their fault .

If the problem occured and I sent to authorised distributor immediately for checking, I wouldve had evidence for any possible poor work done.

Sending back to them, I guess that they couldve covered up any poor workmanship done resulting in fan failure.

After all, how can I come out of a workshop with over $2k in service bill and $1k in wear and tear replacement parts and after that in 24 hours engine overheat and blow?

its reasonable that laymen like me would point the finger at them

bro, care to scan the receipt and post it here??? 8K repair cost for a Japs is rather ridiculars... somemore is an old engine... If the engine is really so badly damaged, might as well get a re-con engine and replace it??? cheaper n faster.

If the receipt got all the breakdown, you may report to CASE....

Did you do your own due diligence check before buying?

2k plus to service a bit kua zhang. Plus u supplied 1k plus of items...

i got receipt. items such as rotors, oils, pads, filters etc almost $2k too but those are supplied by me.

worse, in 24 hours, i incur another $8k bill with another workshop to settle blown engine problem.

Did you do your own due diligence check before buying?

u mean the car?

yes checked. Checked by independant 3rd party workshop and after getting the car, I was driving around for 10 days and spent 2 afternoons running up and down 2nd link with occasional 160-180km/h sprints. Perfect No problem at all.

Car was fine when I took over.

If not fine how to do as I said above.

Problems came after $2k major service.

bro, if u really want i can show u but we keep it to ourselves. for now. cos i exploring all options ma. interested can p.m. me.

i can even give chronological order of events.

actually i don't understanding..........ownself supply spare parts of S$1000.............for a 4 year old car, normal wear and tear parts and fluids need to cost S$1000??

S$2000 for labour to change the parts only???

120000km servicing also i think don't need so much leh............

S$3000 in all for a service??? wah even C & C merc also think not so much....

if we communicate via p.m. i can explain why. U will understand.

i was also suprised by the price of the parts esp the rotors but the were oem bought from local stockist. price had to be quite fair.

↡ Advertisement