Recommendation for 7 seater car...

Jacfm

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Had been thinking about upgrading current colt to 7 seater... Just saw the Citroen C4 picasso as Marina Sq while shopping.. Pricing at $131988. Few concerns..

Any feedback on the car or other recommendations. Preference is for conti cars cos sales persons says Euro $ dropped and Yen has increased... Not sure if its true. [hur]

Is it wise to upgrade??? [confused]

He also mentioned that the 1.6 'Turbo' engine is comparable with 2.4 cc...

Dont want to get conned or appear tutu.... [mad]:blink: need views.... [bounce2]

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Is this car purely for driving in Singapore only? If so, can consider the NV200 + 6, which sits 8 passengers. Abt $90K.

Hi all,

Had been thinking about upgrading current colt to 7 seater... Just saw the Citroen C4 picasso as Marina Sq while shopping.. Pricing at $131988. Few concerns..

Any feedback on the car or other recommendations. Preference is for conti cars cos sales persons says Euro $ dropped and Yen has increased... Not sure if its true. [hur]

Dont want to get conned or appear tutu.... [mad]:blink: need views.... [bounce2]

Thanks

check out www.citroenchat.com

u will find more info there

Hi all,

Thanks

Has been driving my C4GP for the fast 6 month, already clock 15k. Everything is gd, FC is between 11-12km/ltr, tried 190km/hr running at 4k rpm only at NSHW and climbing up to cameron highland is effortless.

The ONLY setback for this car is the EGS gearbox. Little jerky during low gear change, but using manual can minimise the jerky effect . Last, " prince engine" 1.6 twin turbo is a gem...

Is this car purely for driving in Singapore only? If so, can consider the NV200 + 6, which sits 8 passengers. Abt $90K.

nv200+6 is diesel or petrol?

C4GP is a nice car... But as with all compact mpv. Last row will have limited leg room. Only good for short distance.

Alternative is VW Touran... Drove mine up north recently. It was able to keep up with most of the > 2L cars on the right lane...

Hypersonic

interesting. I was considering whether to get one van while keeping my passenger sedan. Now this NV200 +6 may be my answer for a Van + passenger purpose.

(edited)

NV200 so ugly look and you mind in long terms ? (Sorry to say that, it's ilke driving an COFFIN around with small wheel of 15 or 16 inches commercial van tire

Edited by Jefkking

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Grand Picasso,

1. One of the more spacious compact MPV in its class.

2. Interior nice with many compartment for storage.

3. Exterior - average looking.

4. Most important is the semi auto gearbox. Very jerky at low gear. Alot of people might not

like it. You need to test drive to determine.

Edited by MTRAC

Try out the Subaru Exiga. I used to think Subaru cars are very uncomfortable until one day went to test drive with my friend and i decided to sit on the third row and find it very spacious and lots of head room and can even enjoy the aircon even at the back. BTW i'm over 1.80m and when i mean spacious at the third row I'm pretty sure it's gotta be true. Never thought I'd recommend a subaru car but after taking a ride in the Exiga. it really gave me a pleasant surprise.

Difficult to find good service outside for Citroen car, AD service is ex. But their car is good for it's suspension.

But the Exiga is super ugly, both inside and outside. No doubt the space is not bad but cannot live with the styling :blink:

But the Exiga is super ugly, both inside and outside. No doubt the space is not bad but cannot live with the styling :blink:

yah it takes some time to live with the look. But spare parts are easy to find and cheap too. and highly mod-able. Imagine an ugly 7 seater out drags a 2 seaters sports car lol

its easier for people to give you opinions based on what u are looking for in a mpv

space ?

comfort?

performance?

reliability?

Resale value?

Style?

driving experience?

just my 2 cents worth

citroen mpvs u have to be careful of resale value and cost of parts, french notorious for not so good electronics, hopefully they have improved

but 130k is a damn good price considering the coe price now

dilemma now ... either C4GP or touran ....

how is car servicing in VW compare to to Citroen ?

Citroen provides a little (this is subjective) more personalized service during your servicing, VAG has to deal with mass consumers, backlogs.

Price wise, not far off between each other.

Visit the dedicated forums to get more feedback. Expect biasness though.