61 cases of rare dengue in Marsiling

Greatbirdlegend

Dengue is no joke...take care of yourself and your family.

---

Jun 27, 2011

By Ashutosh Ravikrishnan

More than 60 cases of an uncommon strain of dengue has been reported since Friday. -- PHOTO: NEA

SIXTY-ONE cases of an uncommon strain of dengue has been reported since Friday. The Den-3 virus has, so far, hit the Marsiling area.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) believes that residents may have little or no immunity against the virus. This may possibly lead to a faster transmission of the disease.

However, it assures the public that there is no indication of the strain spreading to other parts of the country at this point in time.

Stepping up control efforts, the NEA has dispatched 70 officers to search and remove all potential breeding zones in the area.

It has also called on the Sembawang Town Council and the National Parks Board to fumigate the area.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Dengue is no joke...take care of yourself and your family.

---

Jun 27, 2011

By Ashutosh Ravikrishnan

More than 60 cases of an uncommon strain of dengue has been reported since Friday. -- PHOTO: NEA

SIXTY-ONE cases of an uncommon strain of dengue has been reported since Friday. The Den-3 virus has, so far, hit the Marsiling area.

The National Environment Agency (NEA) believes that residents may have little or no immunity against the virus. This may possibly lead to a faster transmission of the disease.

However, it assures the public that there is no indication of the strain spreading to other parts of the country at this point in time.

Stepping up control efforts, the NEA has dispatched 70 officers to search and remove all potential breeding zones in the area.

It has also called on the Sembawang Town Council and the National Parks Board to fumigate the area.

think the fine for the dengue breeding mosquito in households should be changed to a jail term... this will have more impact for everyone to check their homes properly... i mean this is a life and death matter right?...

Edited by Ken4555

think the fine for the dengue breeding mosquito in households should be changed to a jail term... this will have more impact for everyone to check their homes properly... i mean this is a life and death matter right?...

Maybe jail term for 2nd time offender...I kana once...feel like dying...cant imagine if kids or elderly got it...

Maybe jail term for 2nd time offender...I kana once...feel like dying...cant imagine if kids or elderly got it...

2nd time offender then jail i guess ok bah... but for those who had a loved one die from the dengue may not agree...

like drugs... no 2nd chance if caught over limit its bye bye to earth...

but i guess most breeding cases not from homes bah....

haiz...

Remember last time at Pasir Ris, it take a while before people figure out that the breeding ground is from a pump station that no one suspected.

I think, everyone just need to be more hard working to find these breeding spot.

Keep increasing the penalty to me is just for covering ass; paper warrior hiding behind the SOP.

Just find the breeding ground and get the job done, period.

but i guess most breeding cases not from homes bah....haiz...

This I tend to agree...my MIL's place for the past 10 over years never heard of Dengue...

Once the upgrading job starts...Dengue every where.......

↡ Advertisement